A Prayer that gets amazing results - for fellow Catholics and anyone else who is interested!

(14 Posts)
inadreamworld Fri 19-Jul-13 00:03:50

Dione I think the newspaper owners will all be losing out since you can publish for free on Facebook/MN etc!!

I see what you all mean about publication of prayers - I would never pass on a chain letter but I think this is different as chain letters say something bad will happen if you don't pass them on - the spreading of the prayer is just like spreading some good to others and if they are not interested they can ignore it.

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 18-Jul-13 01:22:18

I imagine a newspaper owner thought it was a great idea.

Openyourheart Tue 16-Jul-13 21:23:14

I imagine it was because Jesus told us to spread the word.

LynetteScavo Tue 16-Jul-13 18:20:13

I wonder what the tradition in "publishing" prayers is. I think maybe in the olden days it was encouraged that prayers should be shared?

I'm always a bit wary of the "do X and your prayer will be answered" because maybe God has another, bigger plan...

Openyourheart Tue 16-Jul-13 11:22:15

But I'm sorry for criticising your belief.

Openyourheart Tue 16-Jul-13 07:36:38

I don't like the fact that you have to publish it before your prayer is answered. I'm fine about thanking god, the saint, Jesus publicly. For example, there is a prayer to St Jude and you publish your thanks in a newspaper if your prayer is answered.

Anyway, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 16-Jul-13 01:19:34

Oh, just seen the publishing aspect.blush. Not a fan of anything that requires you to pay and publish.

Apologies.smile

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 16-Jul-13 01:18:03

It's not really like a chain letter though is it?confused. You don't have to pass it on.

I would see it as more like meditation. Repetition to ease and focus the mind of the individual saying it.

FannyFifer Mon 15-Jul-13 10:40:32

This is like one of those chain letter things except its a prayer though isn't it. Bizarre.

inadreamworld Mon 15-Jul-13 10:37:51

Yes Lynette I remember reading The Irish Post as a child (my dad got it) and there were all kinds of prayers published before Facebook came on the scene.

Just wanted to share the prayer with anyone interested - am not in to debating about religion - it always causes an argument - I respect all faiths!!!

LynetteScavo Sun 14-Jul-13 21:21:47

Why do people always have to wade in on MN and belittle others beliefs?

Maybe God does not want your wish to be granted hmm I think it would be more respectful to say "Maybe God doesn't want your prayers answered."

I think publicising prayers has been around long before FB.

I also think it's one way for the church to spread the word of God. It may piss some people off. It may help others. <<shrugs>>

Openyourheart Sun 14-Jul-13 21:15:53

Sorry, but it sounds like the equivalent of a Facebook post saying "this child will get 1 pound for every 100 likes"

Maybe God does not want your wish to be granted. I hope God does though.

I'm on the catholic wing of the C of E and have been known to pray with the saints. Having said that, prayer for me is about deeping relationship with the divine and not insisting the divine to do something so if I may add my favourite prayer which is the Jesus Prayer which I believe comes from the Orthadox tradition.

'Jesus Christ, son of God; have mercy on me a sinner.'

You pray this on the breath so breathe in to the semi colon and breath out to the full stop. Repeat for up to half an hour. Continue over a lifetime!

inadreamworld Wed 10-Jul-13 23:44:41

I just wanted to share this prayer with anyone who is interested - I hope it brings you many blessings in your life.

A prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel (never known to fail)

O most beautiful flower of mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendour of heaven, blessed Mother of the Son of God, immaculate virgin assist me in this my necessity (ask for what you want). O Star of the Sea help me and show me in this that thou art my mother. O holy Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth I humbly beseech thee from the bottom of my heart to assist me in this my necessity. There are none that can withstand thy power. O show me in this that thou art my mother. O Mary conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee. (repeat three times)

Sweet Mother I place this cause in thy hands (repeat three times)

Say this prayer every night for three consecutive nights then publish it (on internet, newspaper etc) and your prayer will be answered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now