I am resolutely anti-woo but I have been having the most vivid repetitive dreams about my grandmother

(10 Posts)
ZZZenagain Sun 30-Jun-13 00:07:21

when I get a visit, not just when I am asleep, it is a warning and it is always my mum.

OrmirianResurgam Fri 28-Jun-13 10:20:22

Since I started this thread I have had no more dreams. I wonder if I offended her wink I miss her.

IndigoBarbie Sun 23-Jun-13 18:54:16

I'm pretty sure even if you think she might 'tell you off' she loves you more than anything and is watching over you and ensuring you make the most of your life - if you are happy - she is happy for you smile
I've lived long enough and experienced enough things to know that if you feel visited, then it was a visit. Don't over analyse, just accept. With lots of love xxx

oopsadaisymaisy Fri 21-Jun-13 14:51:59

I had a really surreal and vivid dream about my grandmother. I woke feeling it was a visit and I'm not even remotely woo. I was feeling so vulnerable at the time. Are you going through anything difficult at moment?

OrmirianResurgam Fri 21-Jun-13 14:43:28

Thing is while Id love to see her again I suspect she'd tell me off. I married a man that my parents didn't care for (and she probably wouldn't either!). She would disapprove vehemently about the way I have brought up my kids (she was old school). She would be horrifed about H's affair and that we are still together. Would be quite an encounter grin

OrmirianResurgam Fri 21-Jun-13 14:41:08

I can't remember the words. But knowing me as a child it was probably a ghost story! I used to love ghost stories and she was an endless fountain of brilliant stories that she made up.

IndigoBarbie Fri 21-Jun-13 14:37:33

What story is she telling you while you are colouring in?
I do believe she is visiting you-but it's not important what I believe-
Perhaps she's just letting you know she's around. If you want to know more, ask her in your thoughts.

OrmirianResurgam Fri 21-Jun-13 10:31:18

Thanks amis.

She was a lovely person. Not perfect by any means, a howling snob, could be quite sulky when things dodn't go her own way, but still a decent sort and very loving.

I am definitely in need for that feeling of stability she offers and also unconditional love and approval. Something to think about.

People in dreams are often symbols of something, so try thinking about what she 'meant' to you - what are the first things that come into your head when you think of her? Was she 'love' or 'stability' or 'self-sacrifice' or 'the value of putting up with irritating people', or something else?

She sounds nice from your basic description - maybe you feel a need for that kind of stability and niceness in your life? Or maybe you feel you ought to be offering that to someone else?

I'm strongly of the opinion that dreams are your subconscious trying to show you something, and that the repeating ones tend to continue until you have understood them, rather than them coming from 'outside' of you. But your subconscious works by providing images and 'film clips' cut & pasted together, rather than words or a meaningful plot, so you have to work out why your subconscious picked that person, or those events, and what you are supposed to take from them.

OrmirianResurgam Thu 20-Jun-13 11:47:28

She's been dead over 30 years and whilst I loved her to bits and was devastated when she died, I don't really think of her that often.

Recently however I have been having really vivid dreams about her - well specifically one or two dreams about her repeatedly. In one we are in her house in Malvern and she is in the kitchen making me a chicken sandwich. I can hear her singing to herself, then she comes into the dining room with the sandwich and a glass of milk for me. She smiles and then nothing else.

The other one is in my parents house where she came to stay every summer until she moved into the same village about a year before she died. She is telling me a story while I am colouring in.

I don't remember either incident specifically but both could have happened. Neither dream deviates from that basic pattern in any significant way. They aren't frightening dreams at all but why now? I keep thinking there is something I am supposed to understand and I don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now