Does God withhold blessings from Christians who are living in disobedience?

(480 Posts)
Jewcy Fri 03-May-13 18:00:12

I am a Christian but my husband is not. I am desperate to be a better person in God's eyes but can not escape the instruction in 2 Corinth ch 6 re being unequally yoked to non-believers. I am nearly 42 and desperately trying to start a family (I mc'd last year). We are due to fly to the Czech Republic in June for donor egg IVF but I can't help worrying that God will not bless me with a child whilst I continue to willfully live a disobedient life. I entered into a relationship with my husband knowing that it is not God's will for me to be with a non-Christian. Am I to be forever outside of God's will? My prayer life has become almost non-existent as I don't feel I can appeal to the Lord for his blessings re a baby and yet it is all I can think about.

I guess the real problem here is that my obsession with starting a family has superceded my devotion and surrender to God's will. Please help me sad

daftdame Thu 09-May-13 17:16:04

grin applies to me too so I've just prayed that! Thanks.

Spero how are you doing?

justdroppingby Tue 05-Nov-13 07:44:35

Hi Jewcy,

I think all you need to do is ask the Lord for His forgiveness if you feel you have not followed His will. See, He is just and faithful to forgive (1 John 1:9). You dont have to worry about your husband and you definitely dont have to leave him just because he is an unbeliever. As it was written in 1 Corinthians 7:13-14; "And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy". God will use you to sanctify him, all you need to do is to completely follow God's lead. Let your life be a mirror of God's existence that he might see the truth of His glory. Shalom.

msmiggins Tue 05-Nov-13 09:46:40

justdroppingby - your post is quite offensive.

You are suggesting that those of us with no faith have "unclean" children?
And I know the term unclean refers to filth at the basest level- a dirty soul.
How could you want to be associated with any faith who judges children like this- and you by swallowing this biblical nonsense are in turn judging children too.
Shame on you.

Not that it matters, but this is an old thread.

justdroppingby you can't rely on that because when god gets into a tantrum he says stuff like this:

visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation

So it all depends on what mood he is in today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now