"By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples": Christian Prayer Thread for April

(810 Posts)
Tuo Sat 13-Apr-13 23:35:18

I thought it was about time we started a new thread, seeing as the previous one now has over 600 posts, making it difficult for some people to load it and navigate around it. I used the quote from John 13. 15 that I posted on the previous thread on Maundy Thursday, because I think it sums up what this thread - and this group of people - is all about.

We pray particularly at this time for RoomForALittleOne: that her baby hang on where s/he is for as long as possible and continue to grow in size and strength, and that Room stay well and as pain- and stress-free as possible. Prayers, too, for the medical team looking after them both at this worrying time.

We pray also for:
amberlight ? for her work raising awareness of ASDs, and for her friends who have cancer;
BabyBeatrice and her family ? for continued healing and with thanks for recent good news;
BlackEyedSusan ? for strength to cope with all the many things on her plate, for health for her mum, and for happier times at school for her DD and DS;
BlueTinkerbell ? for work possibilities and for her vocation;
charlottecollinsislost ? for a peaceful holiday, despite the circumstances, and for as pain- and recrimination-free a separation as possible for the sake of all concerned;
Dontsteponthemomeraths ? for her as she dips her toe back in the 'dating pond'; for her ?LM? as he tries to establish contact with his children; for her brother to regain full use of his thumb, following an accident;
DutchOma and Bob ? for health for Bob, and for Oma to feel supported as she cares for him day-to-day; also for Oma's planned trip to Holland;
GingerCurl ? for the successful and (relatively) stress-free completion of her thesis;
HavingALittleFaithBaby ? for as easy a time as is possible during these last days and weeks of her pregnancy;
jann2013 ? for strength for her following the break-up of her marriage, and for her dd who has badly broken her arm;
Kaykat ? for her and her DS to know peace and happiness as they emerge from an abusive relationship, and for the legal issues to be sorted out quickly so that they can get back into their own home;
MadHairDay - for strength as she lives with chronic illness and for the Spring to bring her better health;
MaryBS - for peace and happiness following a difficult situation at Scouts with her DS;
PositiveAttitude ? for her mission overseas and for her family both over there and back here, especially her DD1;
...and for all who post on this thread, for those who lurk, for occasional visitors, and for those known to us who are in need of prayer, whether mentioned here or not.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

Dutchoma Mon 20-May-13 17:25:10

That is quite sad reflection Kay. Surely no-one could want for more 'evidence' than your h has already provided? I don't get it.

Kaykat Mon 20-May-13 18:00:07

I don't get it either. He admitted the adultary to them himself but probably none of the rest of it. They are helping him to do something dishonest IMO on the basis of having no evidence of wrongdoing. And they are keeping his secrets that could help me. I've decided not to contact them for the time being. If they contact me I might try to explain although have tried already and they give very plausible arguments to back up there actions or i might just ignore.

Kaykat Mon 20-May-13 18:02:48

More legal news today and not sure if its good or bad, it may delay things which is frustrating, solicitor thinks its good news. It made me cry again.

Badvoc Mon 20-May-13 18:35:48

Kay.
Don't contact them and if they contact you let them know you no longer want a dialogue with people who aid an abuser.
I simply do not understand their attitude either.
Oma..it is relentless. At least it feels that way ATM.
My mum is currently wearing a heart monitor all week and my dad has just been told his cholesterol is too high. He is also having barium meal tests etc for his swallowing issues.
All I seem to do is worry lately, and it's exhausting.
I have finally bitten the bullet and made an gp appt for myself, but can't get in til July!
I used to be such an optimist!
I know others are battling much bigger problems but the last 2 years have been really rough and I am not sure I am the same person I was, and that's not Dhs fault.

Badvoc Mon 20-May-13 18:38:02

Did I tell you all about what happened in feb half term!?
My mum went in on the Monday for her femoral bypass. My sister went on holiday to lanzarote for a week the same day.
On weds the conservatory roof fell in.
And on Friday dh had a minor op which meant he had to have strict bed rest for 48 hours.
THAT was a fun week!!
You have to laugh, sometimes smile

Badvoc Mon 20-May-13 18:45:45

Things I am thankful for;
My dc who are an inspiration daily.
My house...the bits of it that aren't falling down!
Family...my pils are lovely people (and Christian)
Friends
This thread
That I am about to have a long hot shower smile
smile

Well I'm thankful for DO who has faithfully prayed for me and my family for nearly six years now. DO I know that it is hard to make sense of things at times. I'm not surprised that you are a bit mystified as to where God is within so many hard things to tackle. I keep telling myself the truth - He is in the midst of it with us. I wonder if I'm having a bit if a glimpse at how difficult it must be for you Spiritually to not be going to church regularly. I feel Spiritually starved at the moment. Reading the bible, praying regularly, chatting things through with DH and listening to online sermons all helps but I find that there is something about going to church that is different. I am struggling to connect with God at times.

Badvoc Mon 20-May-13 19:27:47

Yes.
I tell ds1 that I go to church to be fed.
I do feel adrfit if I miss a lot of services.
Yesterday was all about peace and the Holy Spirit and I have seldom felt less peaceful.
The fault is mine, but I don't know what to do about it.

Whoops, I just accidentally posted this on a thread in the pregnancy topic!

Oh and a little prayer request... I have another glucose tolerance test in the morning so please will you pray that I keep the lucozade down and manage the test. My consultant is very keen to get the results ASAP because I'm showing lots of signs of gestational diabetes (I don't think I have it, but you never know) and it could cause the baby big problems if it is born without me being treated/diagnosed. It would be very helpful to be able to tell people that I definitely don't have GD despite making a big baby, constantly weeing glucose etc etc.

Badvoc Mon 20-May-13 19:29:53

I will be praying for you tomorrow morning room x

Dutchoma Mon 20-May-13 19:53:42

And me, praying for Room and for Badvoc. I am grateful to my neighbour who came to cut my lawn and who said he had been to Pentecost in the Park and had enjoyed the music.

Badvoc Mon 20-May-13 22:11:08

O Lord support us all the day long
Until the evening comes,
The shadows lengthen and the busy world is hushed,
The fever of life is over and our work is done.

Then Lord in your Mercy,
Give us a safe lodging,
A Holy rest and peace at the last. Amen

Night night all x

Tuo Mon 20-May-13 22:40:09

Amen to that, Badvoc.

Prayers for you, for Kay, for Oma, for Room and for all who need our prayers tonight - on here, in our families and among our friends, and in the wider world.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 20-May-13 23:55:43

praying kay. hugs.

Kay and Badvoc how are you feeling this morning?

I love my midwife! She's so lovely. I can't believe that she is doing my GTT at home for me and wasn't even trying to rush. She's genuinely interested and caring. She's also a Christian so she understands how I feel Spiritually about things. So far so good with the GTT. I've had my lucozade and I'm not feeling sick.

Badvoc Tue 21-May-13 11:19:32

Have been wandering around sainsburys wondering how you were getting on room! Sound positive so far...
I spoke to a good friend last night for an hour - she is a teacher and very stressed ATM - and it actually helped to be focussing on someone else's problems!
I have a b of gov meeting tonight and a PCC meeting tomorrow so that will keep my mind off things.
I honestly don't know how I feel tbh.
The main feeling is tiredness I think.

Kaykat Wed 22-May-13 00:16:05

Had a busy day which always helps. Met a lovely lady whose H also cheated on her and a man I barely know has shown us great generosity.

Hope it went well this morning Room. Hope you are both feeling a bit better Badvoc and Oma.

Tuo Wed 22-May-13 00:54:17

Prayers for all tonight.

Thinking especially of...
...*Room*, praying that fears of gestational diabetes will prove to be unfounded and that her pregnancy will continue safely;
... Kay, thanking God for support received from friends and others today;
... Badvoc, praying for the many difficult things she has on her plate right now, for peace of mind and the strength to deal with them;
...*Oma*, who also has much to cope with and who is always a pillar of strength and wisdom for others, that she may feel the love and support of prayers for her at this time;
... BES, another friend here with a lot on her plate, for whom we ask support and strength and energy;
... PA, praying that she is recovered from her illness and looking forward to some time back in the UK soon; praying, too, that her family in the UK and overseas, are well;
... MHD, praying that she's in good health;
... and (a bit randomly, but she just popped into my mind) for Gingercurl - does anyone know how her thesis is going?

Praying, variously and jointly, for peace and strength and happiness and health...

BlackeyedSusan Wed 22-May-13 10:05:41

prayers kay. for the legal stuff to get a shift on...

My car cost £104 but the fan and air con now stay on permanently. My dashboard keeps dying and coming back to life too. So I think that's all connected. They need to remove the dashboard and send it off. So I'd be without a car for 5 days.

I can't get a dashboard from a breakers yard instead, as my cars immobiliser is in it and it's coded.

I'm meant to be camping in Swanage from this weekend for a week, although I have to drive back for DS's assessment on 30th and then supposedly back down again. As I'm meant to be down there for Sat to following Sun. All paid for.

I'm not going to re-arrange his assessment as it took months to get and there's a long waiting list. But I'm starting to think that perhaps I'll go home early and save all the extra driving. Especially with my car being temperamental. Decisions decisions.

Hello Ladies. Prayers continuing for all. I don't think that I can sum it up better than Tuo so I won't try!

Thanks for prayers for my GTT yesterday. It went well enough and now I'm waiting for the results. Hopefully it's all normal and people will stop worrying about the amount of glucose that I'm passing. I did have a shock last night though! I had a phone call from the GP surgery saying that I needed a telephone consultation with a GP about my blood test results shock It turns out that it was about my tests to do with parvovirus though and I already knew about this. I have no idea how I've managed to get to the age of 30 without immunity to slapped cheek but apparently I have and the consultant virologist is most concerned <sigh>

If anyone has an idle moment and has any bright ideas for my thread about songs for DD1's party, I'd be really grateful and hopefully you ladies will understand where I'm coming from.

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 22-May-13 19:36:40

Evening all. Reading and praying.

Mome I guess it could be worse....praying its easily fixable.

Room praying for your health and the baby.

Praying for energy Badvoc!

Well I have been pretty low today but am now a bit better. I broke the electric breast pump as soon as I got it (washed the motor) and generally felt overwhelmed. Had booked in to get my hair cut but they cancelled! I felt all frizzy and crap. I managed to book in with another hairdresser. Dad looked after Faithlet while I got it done. She had about 4oz from a bottle with him! But settled afterwards. It's the longest I've left her. I felt better for getting my hair done.

He carried on cuddling her while I did a bit of cleaning (we've got family visiting over the weekend). I feel loads better! I am wondering if I might be anaemic - Faithlet is over 5 weeks and I'm still bleeding! Will ask doc at 6 week check on Friday. I will mention my low mood when I'm there....

Dutchoma Wed 22-May-13 19:53:20

Good plan Faith speaking to the doctor on Friday and well done for getting out to get your hair done. Lovely picture of your dad cuddling Faithlet
Hopefully the car will behave itself on your way to Swanage Mome.
And not the foggiest about the songs for dd's birthday party Room

Prayers appreciated, I've just handed in my resignation, plans for the future are taking shape smile

Praying for everyone!

BlackeyedSusan Wed 22-May-13 21:46:54

mum's bloodpressure has gone over 200... she is worried because she has broken her phone. she iis worried about packing for holiday. it is more trouble than it is worth. I can't find the correct sized trousers for dd. I seem to be able to find everything but. I have left that job for a while as ds is not settling when I am on the landing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now