So it's Easter Sunday and I'm going to take my entire family (10 people) to church...

(9 Posts)
AuntieStella Sun 31-Mar-13 09:12:10

Our church welcome all-comers and knows the congregation will be larger at Easter because ofthe 'twice a year' attenders. If you're worried about the cost (which you needn't be, BTW) then offer a specific donation or just bung a bit extra in the offertory.

MaryBS Sun 31-Mar-13 08:55:13

I think it will be great, everyone will be cheerful because its Easter and you'll be welcome smile

weegiemum Sun 31-Mar-13 08:52:06

We'd love to see you all there. Our church is having an Easter lunch/party! We run a project distributing good quality second hand furniture, mainly to refugees but to any others in need. Everyone who has received a donation this year has been invited, so our little church of about 40 is hosting about 70 more! The children and I spent most of yesterday baking!!!

People who worship anywhere regularly are delighted to see anyone else come in. This is the point of Easter, it's the whole reason there's even a church, so I hope you really enjoy it!

Gales Sun 31-Mar-13 08:49:27

Gosh, no nothing like that Jake, we'll probably make up about 20% of the congregation, even accounting for the swollen numbers because it's Easter! That's why I thought I should let minister know about the extra DC.

FunnyBird Sun 31-Mar-13 08:49:17

If you feel bad about going on Easter of all days after a (short) break, you'll end up never going back. Don't be shy. They'll all he delighted to see you and your random hangers in.smile

Katisha Sun 31-Mar-13 08:48:00

They'll think oh lovely you have brought all your family and not oh look at those freeloaders in case that's what you are worried about! Church is there for the benefit of its non members more than for its members in many ways.

signet Sun 31-Mar-13 08:46:35

Regulars will think its awesome to see you and your friends & family. I'm sure churches must cater for extra people at Easter anyway and actively encourage them. Go and have a great time.

JakeBullet Sun 31-Mar-13 08:45:54

Nothing if its like our church...usually around 200 attending on a Sunday so extras wont be noticed.....and it's Easter Sunday meaning more people than usual will attend.smile

Gales Sun 31-Mar-13 08:43:32

My DC have been involved with various groups at the church since they were tiny, I go the to Sunday services from time to time, generally about twice a month, but because of one thing and another, haven't been for about 2 months. I did give several hours to a fundraiser last week though.

Anyway my extended family are staying this weekend and I suggested we all go to church, which has been agreed (some keener than others!)

I was already a little uncomfortable because I haven't been for so long. There will be 4 children in our party and the likelihood is that they'll all come away with something chocolate. I did let a friend who's very close to the minister know, just in case they needed numbers, only to be told to get there early as they're doing breakfast! I didn't know that, as I haven't been for so long blush

So, not only am I taking "outsiders" when I haven't been going regularly, on a day when there may well be treats, but they'll all get a free breakfast too!

My friend says it's great that we're all going, but what will the regulars really think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now