I have the 'woo' gene, do you?

(217 Posts)
IndigoBarbie Sat 30-Mar-13 19:56:58

smile A nicely coined phrase from another thread. I have it, I do believe grin

Sunnywithshowers Sat 30-Mar-13 20:54:45

I have the sceptic gene instead grin

CoteDAzur Sat 30-Mar-13 21:05:23

You remind me of the poster on Mulder's wall that said "I want to believe" under the "photo" of a UFO grin

I have the sceptic gene, too.

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sat 30-Mar-13 22:56:14

I have the sceptic gene too.

I'm now kinda wanting to mock up a poster of the UFO with the caption "I want to question"!

Nope, another sceptic gene here grin

TicTacSir Sat 30-Mar-13 23:19:23

I'm on Team Woo!!!! Too many episodes of Wooness to recall. my gran's sister was a spiritualist and I think I take after her a bit
It's very easy to understand scepticism if no moments of Woo have happened to that person...

Sunnywithshowers Sat 30-Mar-13 23:20:37

My DM was a spiritualist, which inadvertently boosted my scepticism.

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sat 30-Mar-13 23:47:01

I've had moments of woo, I just don't believe them.

IndigoBarbie Sun 31-Mar-13 09:46:55

I love you all. I don't care about beliefs, non beliefs, whateveryoubelieveisdifferent, I love you all for just being yourself. Each and every one of you.
So there xxxx

CoteDAzur Sun 31-Mar-13 09:52:47

You also seem to have the E gene grin

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 31-Mar-13 10:07:52

That's not a gene, that's a pill grin

Sunnywithshowers Sun 31-Mar-13 12:10:55

grin at E gene.

Backatcha Indigo

Twosugarsplease Sun 31-Mar-13 20:42:53

cote I see you are here again, strange that confused when you are not at all interested anyway.

I'm team 'woo' too, through experiences of my own, some don't experience or have a valid reason to believe, that's a shame, but some people have a reason to believe.
Why mock them ?

CoteDAzur Mon 01-Apr-13 09:02:00

Maybe you are on Team Woo because you are easily confused? wink

You must have misunderstood something. I am interested, of course, which is why I'm on this thread. If you look at the evidence ("Cote often shows up on woo threads"), it is easy to arrive at the correct answer.

Or maybe you are on Team Woo because you avoid the evidence? smile

IndigoBarbie Mon 01-Apr-13 09:08:07

I stillllll love you all. No pills. No evidence. But I am not confused either.

Twosugarsplease Mon 01-Apr-13 11:59:10

Interested in taking the mickey more like cote
I think you do believe in woo really grin otherwise you wouldn't give this thread the time of the day, or do you just enjoy dishing out the playground banter ?

IndigoBarbie Mon 01-Apr-13 13:25:28

twosugars smile It might be me who is addicted to coming here and spreading the love, and in return to hear all others points of views about my drugged up condition, or is that...conditioning xxx

DioneTheDiabolist Mon 01-Apr-13 17:01:59

Indigo, you certainly do that. Your posts always make me smile.

IndigoBarbie Mon 01-Apr-13 20:41:01

smile

Twosugarsplease Mon 01-Apr-13 22:53:40

Could anyone explain why I saw, what I can only describe as a 'strip of fire' about 20 yrs ago ?
I was, at the time opening aim wrapping a fruitella sweet for my niece, as she was so small looking up to me waiting for her sweet to be opened she noticed it too, and still remembers today.
I thought it was a trick of the eye and carried on opening the sticky sweet, but then my niece asked me 'what was that ?' so at that point I knew it wasn't 'just me'
Nothing too scary, vanished in seconds, was incredibly strage though.
Hadnt gave it much thought really, but what could it have been ?

Twosugarsplease Mon 01-Apr-13 22:56:47

Excuse my chub fingers re: spelling blush

nightlurker Tue 02-Apr-13 03:15:37

I believe in gifts, but am cautious about who and what I believe.

Does that mean I have both genes?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 11:22:08

sugars where did you see this 'strip of fire'? How big was it? Could it have been the reflection of something catching a window, etc?

CoteDAzur Tue 02-Apr-13 11:34:13

TwoSugars - Nobody can tell you what lies behind a 20-year-old memory in your head.

Sunnywithshowers Tue 02-Apr-13 11:43:22

nightlurker I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. People can be sceptical about one thing and less sceptical about another. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now