time for a new spiritual thread about all things woo?

(296 Posts)
angelelle Fri 22-Feb-13 10:21:02

Hello
new poster on this part of mn and noticed looking back on this board that there used to be a lot more threads about all things woo. Is there any interest to start a general discussion thread? Be really nice to keep this thread to discussing various topics within the realm of spirituality and ask for those who would like too debate whether I am crazy or believe in unicorns to start another thread if they wish to discuss thissmile Ty.

So me? Well i am a reiki master...did my masters about 5 years ago but have sort of come away from it for various reasons. not sure if i want to continue with it. i believe in it but not sure its for me

At the moment I am quite into all things mediumship as i have found myself at a crossroads in life. amazing what a range of psychics there are out there. i have personally never had a reading where i thought the reader was completely accurate but i know many who have. my freakiest one was one who told me something about dd's appearance which i had mentioned to someone else recently. i have no idea how she knew it and still a bit freaked out!

I also seem to attract lovely woo people into my life. recently I met up with someone I did a course with. I had not mentioned anything about my interest in all things spiritual and she started to tell me about a reading she had and how her parents house is haunted. So now we meet regularly for coffee with our dds and have spiritual conversations.

Oh and i am also really into law of attraction.

So that's it from me. Please post if there is an interest in a thread of this nature. If not I shall ride into the sunset on my unicorn smile

IndigoBarbie Thu 04-Apr-13 21:32:48

Hey Weathergirls, the sun was out at my house today smile smile
Freckly - sometimes our angels and guides like to help out and do a little work too smile

marissab Thu 04-Apr-13 22:41:24

Freckly, reiki can work like that. You work with peoples energy feild and aura so where the reiki lady was doesn't always bear a relation to where the reiki is working. Also the reiki will move to where it's needed and can definately feel like a push sometimes. I've heard it can have very strange effects on people. My reiki teacher told me he had a client whom he cpuldn't give reiki over her kidneys. It provoked, shall we say, extreme sexual happenings!!!! Something he'd never known in any other person. blush

IndigoBarbie Thu 04-Apr-13 22:42:51

Marrisab - Yes, the happenings! We are all made out of energy.....and it's very very very potent smile

marissab Thu 04-Apr-13 22:43:12

What indigo said may also be true, i'm not dissing you indigo. I'm just not an angelly person and prefer to think in terms of energies.

IndigoBarbie Fri 05-Apr-13 07:42:06

Hi of course, I'm certainly not the authority on anything. I perceive energies around me as angels, some are ascended masters, some are loved ones and so on. They each have their own energy signature. It's just how I perceive it. However, reiki and other vibrations have their own frequency too, so yeah it could be whatever the client perceives.
My first ever reiki treatment in around 2001 I actually thought the practitioner was holding my hands. It was the most amazing sensation. She never touched my hands, and they were tucked under the covers with me.

Oopla Fri 05-Apr-13 08:02:32

The sun is shining grin

IndigoBarbie Fri 05-Apr-13 09:36:59

It really is smile thank you x

Panadbois Fri 05-Apr-13 09:41:59

DD wasn't too bored and was surprised when the medium told her the spirits are telling her not to worry about her exams!

Every time I give Reiki, either to myself or others I can feel the energy in the palms of ny hands. It's like a ball rolling.

The most amazing experience I've had during reiki was with crystals. She had placed appropriate crystal on my chakras, and the one place on my third eye chakra was doing its own thing! I could feel the pressure of it pressing down towards my nose, like a constant ripple. Weird.

PyroclasticFlo Fri 05-Apr-13 16:31:37

Yay sunshine grin It took a day but we got there in the end wink

PyroclasticFlo Fri 05-Apr-13 16:33:37

panad I have that feeling too when I do Reiki, a really strong tingling sensation in my hands. Sometimes when I'm with someone who is very low and in need of healing its almost like a magnet attracting my hands to them and I find it physically difficult not to put my hands near them to let the Reiki flow to them directly. When with someone non-woo who's in that state I have to try and channel it indirectly but it's like an itch, my hands feel desperate to be in contact with them.

marissab Sat 06-Apr-13 17:40:26

Me too me too! It's like a ball of energy rolling around my palms. Weird thing is i used to feel it when i was young, bedore i ever heard of reiki. But i guess Usui had never heard of Reiki either. So it must be possible without attuning.

Oopla Sun 07-Apr-13 07:52:39

Indigo- please could I pm you?

marissab Sun 07-Apr-13 08:37:30

I've mentioned on here before about my 2 yo girl. She is overly sensetive and can read emotions very well. she always hugs and cuddles anyone who's sad and has lately been doing some unexplained stuff. She started singing a wierd song over and over that sounded like an indian chant and used my ukulele as a violin. She evn found a stick to use as a bow. We have no violins and i have no idea how she would know how one worked. Then last night, i had an amazing exciting dream. She toddled in to us this morning and the first thing she said to me was "good dream mommy?" How does she know these things? It's amazing!

NotTreadingGrapes Sun 07-Apr-13 13:36:10

Afternoon all.....

I have just remembered something reading your posts about energy work.

About 12 yrs ago a woo-friend grin and I started to try and do channelling, I had that feeling of the energy ball between my hands, in fact we used it as a "warm up" exercise. We were trying to feel each other's aura and with my friend I got a very "fizzy" "prickly" feeling and a strong black and white "image". Afterwards, we both wrote our ideas down without telling each other anything to avoid suggestion, and discovered that she had been holding the image in her head of a TV screen showing nothing but that snowy static interference.

marissab Sun 07-Apr-13 22:23:38

Ok i may have solved the violin thing. Apparantly the man on zingzillas has one. Not so woo after all grin

bumbleymummy Mon 08-Apr-13 00:08:15

I don't know marissa...I find them pretty freaky! smile

t875 Mon 08-Apr-13 00:19:43

Hello everyone. Can I join please? I find this thread very interesting!! :-)

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 08-Apr-13 08:18:16

Hello t875 smile welcome to what is hopefully a woo safe Haven.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 08-Apr-13 08:19:05

grin at violins. Dd is learning and it is seriously earsplittingly awful right now. (dp was telling me the church used to ban them because apparently t'is the instrument of the devil)

IndigoBarbie Mon 08-Apr-13 16:47:39

Hiiiii, <peeking around> Think this is still a haven.....
Don't you think it's amazing on the energy side of things - I can hardly believe that it's real and its amazing....I don't think I will ever forget how my life has completely changed and how it was before the energy/reiki......

t875 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:13:05

Lol yeah it's good to see a safe haven after the other thread.

Thanks for the welcome.
I had a oh my word moment today. Again the ol sceptics will pull it apart but I think it's bloody strange. grin

As you know I lost my wonderful mum my best friend this time lady year over now ( last year she was in a coma) I miss her terribly.

Anyway me and her were/ are creative, she loved it when I done my sewing cross stitch etc. she knitted, crochet, made cards like me. I'm def her. smile anyway I took my children to a seeing shop as my eldest wants to make herself something with my help. The lady asked me if I sew I said yeah I've done a few courses but that's it. I said but I don't get time now so I don't bother.

At that moment I was compelled to look to the side of me and there was a book and on the front was SEW and MY name on it!! I couldn't believe it! So I picked up that it was my mum saying for me to sew again possibly!
Sorry so long but thought I'd share smile x

PyroclasticFlo Mon 08-Apr-13 17:54:03

That's lovely t875 I definitely believe in little 'whispers' and messages like that. They help remind you that you're still loved and guided even though you can't see or talk to that person in the conventional sense, don't they? A great message too, get sewing! grin

Oopla Mon 08-Apr-13 19:01:57

T875 that's a lovely story smile

How did you guys get Into reiki?

Feeling some strange shifts here atm, lying awake at night and the air is just charged, can't better explain it. Do you go through marked periods of growth spiritually speaking do you think?

t875 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:05:26

Hi Oopla, sorry im not into reiki well i find it interesting but I dont do it. Was more drawn to the woo side of things. I have had healing before though from my friend who is a medium and when she gave me healing my god i felt such a burning sensation and her hand didn't even touch me.

pyroplasticflo - Thanks yeah i thought the same, think she was telling me something. smile

Twosugarsplease Mon 08-Apr-13 22:23:27

'phew ! I got out alive ! '
Some of the responses on other threads T875 !
Can I please sit comfy here with a cuppa ? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now