time for a new spiritual thread about all things woo?

(296 Posts)
angelelle Fri 22-Feb-13 10:21:02

Hello
new poster on this part of mn and noticed looking back on this board that there used to be a lot more threads about all things woo. Is there any interest to start a general discussion thread? Be really nice to keep this thread to discussing various topics within the realm of spirituality and ask for those who would like too debate whether I am crazy or believe in unicorns to start another thread if they wish to discuss thissmile Ty.

So me? Well i am a reiki master...did my masters about 5 years ago but have sort of come away from it for various reasons. not sure if i want to continue with it. i believe in it but not sure its for me

At the moment I am quite into all things mediumship as i have found myself at a crossroads in life. amazing what a range of psychics there are out there. i have personally never had a reading where i thought the reader was completely accurate but i know many who have. my freakiest one was one who told me something about dd's appearance which i had mentioned to someone else recently. i have no idea how she knew it and still a bit freaked out!

I also seem to attract lovely woo people into my life. recently I met up with someone I did a course with. I had not mentioned anything about my interest in all things spiritual and she started to tell me about a reading she had and how her parents house is haunted. So now we meet regularly for coffee with our dds and have spiritual conversations.

Oh and i am also really into law of attraction.

So that's it from me. Please post if there is an interest in a thread of this nature. If not I shall ride into the sunset on my unicorn smile

joozy Sun 10-Mar-13 19:53:08

Funnily enough, I've been thinking about the law of attraction recently. It's one of those things that works brilliantly, yet I sometimes let it slip by and then wonder why! I wrote my first post a few days ago about a couple of mothers being really unpleasant to me at my DD's Pre School and am going to give it a try to see if I can turn things around.

IndigoBarbie Sun 10-Mar-13 22:27:07

Hi, sorry to thread hijack, I'm all done with the remote session x

marissab Mon 11-Mar-13 11:26:47

Thanks indigo. I actually meant to return the favour to you but fell asleep! Had a very deep sleep and my injury is not as painful today so far.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 11-Mar-13 13:31:54

Thank you Indigo smile

Oopla Mon 11-Mar-13 13:58:25

Thanks indigo smile feel very cheerful today

bluebeardsbabe Mon 11-Mar-13 14:26:14

Thank you indigo xx

bluebeardsbabe Mon 11-Mar-13 14:29:28

Joozy. I know it does work when you really put your mind to it. I must start doing it again too. not that hard really . just wish it, send it into the universe and forget it smile

IndigoBarbie Mon 11-Mar-13 22:22:28

Hiya, glad and all most welcome smile If anyone cares to share how they progress during the week I'll be happy to hear any points of view, but only if you feel up to it smile

Joozy, I like to call in an angel to ask me to change my perception of situations when times are challenging, it really helps smile Then you can back it up with such affirmations along the lines of 'all my relationships are harmonious' or similar. Whatever feels like the right vibe for you.

Bluebeardie- The less I try, the more it happens. Through time I can honestly say I have learnt that the first thought to cross my mind with regard whatever situation is always the correct one. The seeing thing, occurs during eyes open or eyes closed time. Eyes closed I seem to be able to see 'energies' loved ones, or conveyed images from angels/loved ones etc more clearly. I can determine things with my eyes open, but sometimes the physical world gets in the way. I do see sparkle lights and hazes etc too. Recently had to own up to the optician about all these 'lights' I see, and even though she kindof laughed she assured me my eyes were fine. Phew. I can also hear the voices of passed loved ones, although sometimes they sound far away - its like a telepathic link, but its a vibration of them. Sometimes I have heard very clearly passed loved ones and they speak exactly like they did when alive, and in all honesty this is another wonderful experience as the vibration of being able to hear their voice again is just indescribable. More recently I've been hiding away from my 'psychic'ness, I've had lots of stuff going on, but I am always learning, and I do my best work remotely. I don't know why, but the less I know about something or someone is always when I know and trust what I get is real. To further my confidence at points in my life previously, I asked online for people to volunteer to let me 'read' them, and this actually helped me a great deal. I learned a lot, and I also learned that everything I was being shown, or felt I knew, didn't always occur in the nearest future- sometimes it happened months or up to a year later. This is huge validation for me. I sometimes scare myself, but if I can help people, then I should be doing it more. Sorry it's a bit long, I could talk for hours but gotta catch the Zzzzs xxxxx

joozy Tue 12-Mar-13 12:37:56

Thanks Indigo and BlueBeardsBabe, I agree - and things happen for a reason. Just hard to see when you're in the thick of it x

NotTreadingGrapes Tue 12-Mar-13 13:27:02

That's amazing Indigo! smile

marissab Tue 12-Mar-13 14:31:02

Am loving this thread. My main interest at the mo is researching indigo/ crystal children. It's fascinating. I may have to dig out my tarot cards now after reading on here. Npt read them for years. I used to love runes aswell.

OhWesternWind Tue 12-Mar-13 15:48:32

Indigo if you're ever looking for volunteers for remote readings, would you let me know please as I'd be there with my hand up? I'm feeling a bit unsettled in my life at the moment for several reasons and could really do with some insight and guidance.

NotTreadingGrapes Tue 12-Mar-13 16:18:04

Me too! (in line for a remote reading!)

Oopla Tue 12-Mar-13 17:52:34

Got the tarot cards out the other night for the first time in a long while. Am holding you all indirectly responsible grin

elfycat Tue 12-Mar-13 20:44:47

I'm going to have to dust off the palm reading and dig out the cards.

And I was trying so hard to 'just' be a crystal healer without all the other woo! wink

bluebeardsbabe Wed 13-Mar-13 09:28:46

Elfy..love palmreading. meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow who does it so might get her to take a peek although from the little I know i can't see a new man appearingsad

Glad to see the non woo people sticking to the medium bashing thread. lol. I have yet to find one where I think yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt but fortunately I have had enough of my own experiences to know there is more to heaven and earth.....Horatio.

bluebeardsbabe Wed 13-Mar-13 09:29:56

Nottreadinggrapes. Did you say you had found two good wedbased mediums? Can you pm me???

Thanksxx

NC78 Wed 13-Mar-13 14:44:26

I have been learning the tarot.

Do you need a psychic gift to read them or is it all in the cards?

elfycat Wed 13-Mar-13 14:57:15

NC78 anyone can all read them. The order the cards are selected in is not random so you can do it out of a book and it will be true. I always say the universe is happy to give hints to people who want to look.

That wanting to look opens up your intuition. Trusting your intuition is where you get the gifted people, the ones who can tune in and link the hints.

That's my take.

NotTreadingGrapes Wed 13-Mar-13 17:12:04

Have PMd you Bluebeard!

marissab Fri 15-Mar-13 12:34:09

Anyone been watching this morning. Lots of ghosty pics and woo isms on there this morning.

Oopla Fri 15-Mar-13 15:02:17

Didn't see that marissa- was it good?

Anyone into numerology? Have a wicked book on my kindle can't remember the name. Is really detailed. Have no idea how it works but its bang on.

bluebeardsbabe Sat 16-Mar-13 18:59:02

Indigo. thanks for that wonderful explanation
grapes. thanks have answered

i missed the this morning bit...wish i had seen it. love ghostly things except most haunted which i think is bollox.

anyone seen any of the big mediums live? I saw colin fry years ago..can't remember much about it but i thought it was good.

i am interested in numerology. A few years back i did a reading for a friend based on numbers but i do remember it taking s long time

Twosugarsplease Sun 17-Mar-13 21:11:26

Hello everyone! My first time on this section.
What a great thread.
I have started a thread of my own before, but the intrusion and rudeness of some was really off putting, I would just like to air an experience, if anyone would be so kind give me an explanation or really suppose I'm hoping you can confirm my belief I was visited by my late dad, in dreams..
Ok.. So we all dream, some funny, some just odd and crazy, I can dream about anything, as we all do, people, family..
I can dream about my dad and wake and remember and forget.
But in the 1 yes he has gone I have had 6 ( specific, I know )
The first was the night of his funeral, he was sat in a chair, my sis and I in his home sorting his belongings, and I turned to see him sat there, I was overcome with surprise and bent down to hug him, I could feel every bone in his shoulder, back, the weight if his head against mine, it was THE most amazing experience, when (in my dream) I called for my sis to say 'dads here' he went before she entred the room.
I woke to feel sooo comforted.
I've since had 5 more similar (visits) I call them, he never speaks, or makes eye contact, just a touch, holds my hand or rests it on me.
They really are very different , I feel to a dream.
Can anyone explain this, I have to add, although I love him dearly, I am not still grieving.

Twosugarsplease Sun 17-Mar-13 21:13:56

Spell check in the 11 years he's been gone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now