time for a new spiritual thread about all things woo?

(296 Posts)
angelelle Fri 22-Feb-13 10:21:02

Hello
new poster on this part of mn and noticed looking back on this board that there used to be a lot more threads about all things woo. Is there any interest to start a general discussion thread? Be really nice to keep this thread to discussing various topics within the realm of spirituality and ask for those who would like too debate whether I am crazy or believe in unicorns to start another thread if they wish to discuss thissmile Ty.

So me? Well i am a reiki master...did my masters about 5 years ago but have sort of come away from it for various reasons. not sure if i want to continue with it. i believe in it but not sure its for me

At the moment I am quite into all things mediumship as i have found myself at a crossroads in life. amazing what a range of psychics there are out there. i have personally never had a reading where i thought the reader was completely accurate but i know many who have. my freakiest one was one who told me something about dd's appearance which i had mentioned to someone else recently. i have no idea how she knew it and still a bit freaked out!

I also seem to attract lovely woo people into my life. recently I met up with someone I did a course with. I had not mentioned anything about my interest in all things spiritual and she started to tell me about a reading she had and how her parents house is haunted. So now we meet regularly for coffee with our dds and have spiritual conversations.

Oh and i am also really into law of attraction.

So that's it from me. Please post if there is an interest in a thread of this nature. If not I shall ride into the sunset on my unicorn smile

IndigoBarbie Mon 08-Apr-13 22:32:29

Hiya, I love what you experience T875, and yes this is exactly how I experience my own 'signs'. I love this, and want to give you a hug and say I am proud of you for noticing!!! Not trying to be trite, but forgive me.
Everyone sorry I am so slow I am in the middle of catching up on what I've missed on each thread........
I got into reiki when I started experiencing panic attacks many years ago. It started off with a nice reflexology treatment, and then the person suggested reiki. At my first session I couldn't believe what was going on in my body or around it.....I had to learn how to do it for myself......wow smile no going back after that....

NotTreadingGrapes Tue 09-Apr-13 06:43:50

<pulls twosugars under the protective canopy and reseals the haven> grin

PyroclasticFlo Tue 09-Apr-13 11:45:07

I can't even remember how I first found out about Reiki to be honest, it was so long ago - but once I experienced it I knew I had to train in it, and after 2 years I got to master level (am also reflexologist and qualified life coach but that's another story!). It did help me in my spiritual journey, definitely, but if you'd seen me today when I was was shouting at my children like a fishwife you wouldn't have thought I was a terribly spiritual person wink so it isn't like a magic wand that turns you into an enlightened master (more's the pity!). But when I remember to self-treat and use the reiki teachings I definitely feel a lot happier and am much nicer to be around!

Twosugarsplease Tue 09-Apr-13 12:29:01

indigo my first reiki session was suggested to me because of panic attacks I was having at the time.
Really helped me too.

t875 Tue 09-Apr-13 23:37:02

Thanks everyone i have to say i was apprehensive about the other thread!!But this is much friendlier!! My god some of the replies, i thought i best not get back on them as i was pretty shocked and was likely to let them know how shocked i was grin

Thanks indigo/everyone. I have been more spiritual since we lost our beloved cocker spaniel dog thats when the white feathers started, we even found on indoors on his rug just after he passed. Me and my mum had a spiritual connection anyway, i do feel my mum around and like i said on the other thread i have had a very clear dreams i was talking to her after she had passed. I have had my name called twice, i still get the feathers, i have had a lot of things happen which have really been woo moments to say the least...

Is this thread mainly reiki and healing? xx

bluebeardsbabe Thu 11-Apr-13 20:14:07

Eeek....been bunkering down as dd has been taking up a lot of time and see that I missed a whole Reiki discussion. Going back to reread but just thought I would say hello and do a bit of a bump. So happy the threads still going and protected from negative ninnies.

bluebeardsbabe Fri 12-Apr-13 08:34:12

Oh and just to add, I am op ....had a mn identity crisis and changed namessmile

Oopla Wed 17-Apr-13 19:34:44

Hello woo-sters smile

Went to the spiritualist church lastnight. It was a really interesting service! Such a mix of people. It seemed like some people got a lot of comfort.

I stayed afterwards for the healing service. Now that was lovely. Hard to explain how it felt but when it was over it was like waking from a really really deep sleep, was very relaxing.

So that was my woo Tuesday night anyway! What have you guys been upto lately?

NotTreadingGrapes Thu 18-Apr-13 13:06:28

I have a sore shoulder which I am magicking away. <hopeful>

I am on Day 6 of The Magic. I like it a lot and it's certainly (I think) making me emit positive energy.

Glad you enjoyed the healing session.

PyroclasticFlo Thu 18-Apr-13 15:50:05

Afternoon woo-sters grin like it, Oopla!

I had a rare trip to London on Saturday and treated myself to all sorts of lovely woo things - went to Mysteries in Mercer St and bought some incense and books, and then to Buddha on a Bicycle around the corner from there and bought some beautiful crystals. Never been drawn to crystals before really but there was one (labradorite) which just sang to me that it was right for my eldest DS, who lacks self-confidence.

I'm now reading the book I bought - Anger by Thich Nhat Hanh (anyone who hasn't read his books I HIGHLY recommend them, he is the most beautiful soul, a Buddhist teacher, monk, spiritual leader, amazing man). It's really helping me to sort my temper out, particularly with my sons! Just remembering to B R E A T H E slowly and mindfully is enough to make me feel more positive grin

Oopla Thu 18-Apr-13 16:15:17

Treading hope your shoulder eases up soon, the magic is bound to help smile

Pyro sounds like you had a fun trip, I love being drawn to things it usually works out well. Will def look up the anger book, read a few of the Dalai Lama's and the other author (whose name I can't scroll back to check the spelling of !) always comes up in my recommendations.

Panadbois Thu 18-Apr-13 16:30:38

Well I gave some good messages for a stranger at the development circle Monday night - really amazing myself. But I'm still thinking, how did I know that? Did I hear it or see it? I have loads to learn grin
No good woo shops around here sadly, but going to south Wales in May, I'll have to google to find shops in that direction.

PyroclasticFlo Thu 18-Apr-13 18:18:32

Panadbois I once went to a psychic / mediumship skills workshop with Gordon Smith, had never done anything like it before.
In pairs we had to see if we could tune in and receive anything and I though 'no chance' but was ASTONISHED when I got an image in my head of a city that I 'knew' was Cape Town (never been there) and heard a voice sort of stage-whisper 'Sister' in my head.
I told this to the lady I was partnered with and she went white. Her sister had just died and her son was going travelling to Cape Town that summer. It was as if her sister was saying she would look out for him. Spooky!
I was more surprised than the lady I was with, I often wonder if I studied and practised how far I could take it.

Maybe it was a one-off, but it was amazing to have images and a voice just 'appear' in my head.

PyroclasticFlo Thu 18-Apr-13 18:21:37

thought no chance that should've been. And meant to say Panadbois I know what you mean.

Panadbois Thu 18-Apr-13 18:27:53

Thanks for replying. There is only one explanation to this, and it's woo. No doubt about it :-)

bumbleymummy Fri 19-Apr-13 07:52:55

That's amazing! I've never heard of of these medium workshops. Do people just go? I've only had an experience of a voice in my head telling me something once and it was just totally random. DH was telling me about something he was trying to fix and I just 'heard' a voice tell me something to do to fix it and then DH said he'd read something that suggested what I'd just heard! It wasn't the same words or anything so not what the sceptics would explain away as the brain 'misfiring' or whatever it is they use to explain déjà vu. I'd love to hear more about how it works smile

Panadbois Fri 19-Apr-13 08:35:22

I think your best bet is to go to a spiritualist church and they might introduce you to a circle.
I was invited to join by my Reiki teacher.
I can't wait for Monday nights!

bumbleymummy Fri 19-Apr-13 08:58:37

I think there is one not too far away from me but is be a bit nervous to go without knowing anyone.

Panadbois Fri 19-Apr-13 13:58:27

I was the same. I figured if this was the path for me so be it. So I went on my own, quite nervous but it was fine. My group was very welcoming.
Saying that, for a while, I was the new kid on the block and I was warned by my Reiki teacher that some of the other members might feel jealous if I was making progress in a short time especially if they'd been going for a while.
Everyone is nice now though and feels like I've been there as long as them :-)

bumbleymummy Fri 19-Apr-13 14:20:22

That's nice Pan smile Do you find you're making progress quite quickly? What exactly do you do? Sorry to be so nosy!

Panadbois Fri 19-Apr-13 15:57:14

We start by meditating, which is a real bonus for me. I love it and try to do it at home if I get the chance. I love guided meditations :-)

Every week then we practice different things, cards, blindfolded reading, psychometry, reading colours etc. Very woo, and very interesting. Don't tell anybody will you?

bumbleymummy Fri 19-Apr-13 16:44:58

grin it sounds really interesting! I was imagining something a lot more scary really blush you know the blind psychic lady in the movie The Others?

PyroclasticFlo Fri 19-Apr-13 17:53:24

Pan that sounds wonderful, I'd love to go to a group like that (I LOVE guided meditations too!). Is it the spiritualist church that does the readings etc or a separate group that is the 'circle'? Is it something that has branches around the country, do you know?

Panadbois Fri 19-Apr-13 18:57:40

One of the members of the spiritualist Church is my teacher, and one of the regular mediums there.

You can google spiritualist churches to see where the closest one to you is.

I have since found out there is another circle run by another medium in my town. Once you start, you see them everywhere! (Town of 16,000)

Panadbois Fri 19-Apr-13 18:59:09

Bumbley- I don't watch scary movies, I'm too much of a wimp grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now