hideous hymns, vocal vicars and theatrical thuribles. Religious Chat Thread Number 6!

(1000 Posts)
nickelbabe Sun 17-Feb-13 19:24:28

Welcome to the Religion Chat thread.
We're mostly Christians, but all are welcome.
a lovely soace to talk about church life, spiritual journeys and stuff in general.
It's not about debate, it's about chat.
Come oldies and newbies!

this is the previous thread

MadHairDay Sun 17-Mar-13 19:28:22

Evening all! Jayne, poor you, hope all are recovered soon. Milly, lovely to see your website and read more about what you are doing - it's brilliant, love what you're up to smile Hope your day went well greenheart, and hoping all is good for everyone else - nickel, been thinking of you lots.

Enjoyed the new wine women's day - found it more exhausting than usual, it was very airless in the auditorium and my lungs wouldn't play nicely sad So found it hard going, but still lovely, 2,000 women together to worship pretty special, and the teaching v v good - some excellent stuff from Ele Mumford on women in the bible and how women have been fed lies about their role over the centuries - she didn't make any bones about what she thought about women in leadership grin - good stuff. V tired now.

Jaynebxl Sun 17-Mar-13 21:45:37

Great to read about the stuff in Moldova, looking forward to the future projects.

Niminy, how scary! He is still really poorly so he will stay home again tomorrow. He has had three viruses on the trot, had three days off last week then well enough to go back to school for the last two, and the same the week before, poor lad. He was absolutely fine til just before bedtime yesterday.

NW day sounds great. Feel like I could do with a day like that right now!

NW sounds fab.

Cambridge is a bit far to go for good compost although with all the rain most of my soil appears to have been washed away so I was tempted for just a moment!

Hope everyone has survivied the weekend and Monday morning...?

just about survived! grin

We went to a friend's DD's birthday party on Sunday afternoon, straight after church. It was lovely - the DD is 1, so it was more for the adults (there were other children, but they were sent to play upstairs!), and we all sat around drinking tea and playing with the littlies. smile
it was lovely, so relaxing smile

MaryBS Tue 19-Mar-13 14:02:04

<cant help but wonder if I need compost....>

niminypiminy Tue 19-Mar-13 14:05:45

pm me if you do Mary!

MadHairDay Tue 19-Mar-13 16:08:48

Afternoon smile

<can't think of much to say, but procrastinating on MN as usual >

All ok?

Jaynebxl Tue 19-Mar-13 16:14:57

We have a mountain of chicken poo too if anyone wants more than Niminy can supply!

Bit rough here... My son is still ill off school and now has an ear infection on top of it all. And he just had blood coming out of his ear so I'm waiting for the dr to call me back now.

And we still don't seem to be any nearer to moving house ... The estate agent yesterday said to look at 8 weeks :-(

But ... The sun has been out today and I'm going out for curry tonight so life's not all bad!

grin
us too - we've got 3 hens in the garden and they make a lot of poo!

niminypiminy Tue 19-Mar-13 16:27:13

Jayne hope the dr has called and the ear is nothing serious.

I'm fuming because some vile person has stolen £900 from my bank account. Bank say they will investigate and then I may get it back.

angry for you.
sad too.

<hugs>

Dutchoma Tue 19-Mar-13 17:23:31

Oh Niminy how could they do that?

niminypiminy Tue 19-Mar-13 17:38:44

Tis the curse of Internet shopping. Real shops with real money - it's the only safe way. sad

Jaynebxl Tue 19-Mar-13 18:59:46

Blimey how did they get the money from your bank Niminy? Was it some site you've bought from who've misused your card or something?

Turns out my son has a burst ear drum. He was in agony earlier but is much calmer now. Ugh.

MadHairDay Tue 19-Mar-13 19:01:07

Oh niminy, how awful, hope the bank sort it out soon. sad

Jayne, sounds tough for you, hope ds is better soon and the house move goes through quicker than 8 wks! These things do seem to take forever. sad

nickel, how's it going? <can't seem to call you anything but nickel!!>

MaryBS Wed 20-Mar-13 09:02:49

Thats awful Niminy, was your card cloned from a cashpoint do you think? Its happened round here recently

niminypiminy Wed 20-Mar-13 10:28:49

I've no idea what happened. It's more than likely some site I've bought from has been hacked into. I bet it happens all the time. I've just spent half an hour on the phone to the bank, they've refunded some of the money, and apparently I have to wait for the rest to go out of my account and then they will refund it. (Seems odd, but they were adamant that's what their procedure is.) They didn't seem at all surprised -- I wonder how many of these calls they have every day? Anyway, it's a complete pain. And the worst thing is I have to memorise a new PIN number!

mhd please do call me nickel - it's really confusing when people call me Unique, like they're talking to someone else! grin

MaryBS Wed 20-Mar-13 22:23:29

<I hadn't even noticed the new name blush>

Had a really really really really really bad evening at Scouts.

niminypiminy Thu 21-Mar-13 06:02:17

Oh, Mary. What happened? Praying for you.

MaryBS Thu 21-Mar-13 07:38:43

Some of the kids causing problems with DS, with sexual innuendos and gestures angry. I've complained to the leaders. Still upset about it this morning.

MadHairDay Thu 21-Mar-13 09:22:16

sad Mary. What did the leaders say? This should come under CP rules I think - I'm a Scout committee member so if you need me to find anything out then please do ask. Hope they were helpful and sort it out. Poor ds sad sending love to you and prayers.

Not feeling well this am. PLeurisy.Too cold.

niminypiminy Thu 21-Mar-13 09:37:52

That's horrible Mary. I hope the leaders take it seriously and act quickly and decisively.

MHD: praying for you that spring will come, and sunshine and warmth, and give you some rest from constantly being ill.

SESthebrave Thu 21-Mar-13 09:41:25

MHD - praying for you x

Mary - that sounds awful. Hope it's dealt with appropriately.

Niminy - Hope the bank resolve it fully and you remember your new PIN ok!

Nickel - hello! How's your week going?

Dutchoma Thu 21-Mar-13 10:36:02

Maybe you should make it into Uniquel and Amazing.
Such sad events on here and on the prayer thread. Such a need to feel that God is indeed with us. Feel it deep down.

This thread is not accepting new messages.