listening to your inner voice....

(37 Posts)
gtedder1 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:49:23

does anyone have any tips on how to listen to your inner voice or your heart? how do you tune in to knowing what your heart wants and seperate it from what your head may be telling you? would be interesting to hear your comments.

Selba Fri 15-Feb-13 21:48:54

This thread is hilarious. I could give you some real life examples of my and others' intuition that were well out, but there is no potential for debate if the answer is just that I have not properly developed my intuition!

And Cote, my body is very much for large helpings of chocolate and ice cream too. And wine. Fortunately i have a pretty good brain that influences my actions and choices
smile

gtedder1 Fri 15-Feb-13 21:48:55

yes, but the discussion is about how to listen to your inner voice/ intuition. And feeling how your body reacts to something is one of the ways in which you can tap in to your intuition which is what indigo was saying. So if your body tells you, eat more choc and ice- cream because it feels...you know deep down , when that subtle intuitive voice tells you, no too much of this choc and icecream is NOT going to make your body feel good in the long run...is the voice you should be listening to, because that voice knows what is ultimately good for you and your body .

IndigoBarbie Fri 15-Feb-13 21:53:39

Selba, I don't come here for any kind of debate. However, some posters thrive on it. I don't.
I give my honesty and experiences, often to be patted down by those looking for some kind of 'proof', or debate. I offer neither.

IndigoBarbie Fri 15-Feb-13 21:56:01

I have many experiences of where my intuition was 'wrong' too. Looking back I can see how I received some kind of 'red flags' but still chose to ignore.
This is why I have dedicated part of my life to learning what is right for me. I use my intuition to do this- as following what anyone else says just doesn't do it for me. If something resonates with me, and it feels 'right'; I will often go with it. If it doesn't feel right, then I don't.

gtedder1 Fri 15-Feb-13 21:57:08

cote, it isn't easy to differentiate between the voices. Precisly the discussion in this thread. But it really isn't rocket science to know that too much choc and ice-cream is bad for your health. Intuition is to be consulted when it comes to more meaningful things or decisions one may be struggling with. I am sure at some point in your life you must have had a hunch or a gut feeling about something which ended up being true....no?

Selba Sat 16-Feb-13 01:17:14

peace and love to all wink

MostlyLovingLurchers Sat 16-Feb-13 10:23:23

I think a craving for chocolate and ice cream has much to do with our ancestors restricted sugar consumption and absolutely nothing to do with intuition.

Of course we 'feel' with our bodies. It is why we say ' my heart wasn't in it' or 'it was a gut feeling' or even ' i feel it in my water'. Think of the reaction if you lose someone you love - you feel it, viscerally. The emotions affect how the body feels. These feelings expresses themselves as a biological process, but start with the emotions.

gtedder1 Sat 16-Feb-13 12:02:53

Came across this quote which made me smile. " your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary" . ~ steve jobs, ex CEO of Apple.

Love to everyone. smile xx

EllieArroway Sat 16-Feb-13 13:09:46

Hmmm. Well Steve Jobs listened to his "intuition" & "inner voice" and chose to fight his cancer with alternative treatments like acupuncture & a special diet - something he came to regret, and which probably cost him his life.

Selba Sat 16-Feb-13 20:58:45

sadly true, ellie

townbuiltonahill Fri 22-Feb-13 20:53:31

Steve Jobs' inner voice lives on in this Apple laptop I'm posting from ..... probably the most beautiful machine I've ever owned. I 'knew' it was right the moment the salesman put it into my hands

nightlurker Thu 28-Feb-13 16:38:27

Every time I think my heart is speaking to me, I challenge it. Essentially, I question if it's my heart or mind. If the feeling doesn't go away and gets stronger, I generally consider it to be my heart talking. If it lessens or disappears, I disregard it as my mind.

When it comes to major decisions, I try to go with a heart and mind approach, and get to a point where my heart and mind are in agreement before going forward.

Also, I occasionally ask God for guidance on small matters so that I can learn to recognize his guidance better on the important things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now