New Christian Prayer Thread for February...

(607 Posts)
Tuo Mon 04-Feb-13 20:32:02

Is it too early to call this the ‘early Spring’ thread? Wishful thinking? wink

Praying at this time especially for:
amberlight – for strength to cope with those who would campaign against those with ASDs; and, in contrast, giving thanks for her work in raising awareness of the needs of people with autism;
BabyBeatrice and her family – for healing and fortitude as they deal with Beatrice’s illness;
BlackEyedSusan – for health and strength for her; for an easier time at school for her children; and for her mum to feel more settled;
BlueTinkerbell – giving thanks for her baby DD; and praying for her as she explores her vocation;
charlottecollinsislost – for her to know more certainty in her difficult relationship situation;
DoctorAnge – for health for her little girl;
Dontsteponthemomeraths – for her DS as he is referred to the community paediatrician; for her ‘LM’ as he tries to establish contact with his children; for her brother to regain full use of his thumb, following an accident;
DutchOma and Bob – for health for Bob and for him to feel at ease in his new ; and for Oma to feel supported as she cares for him day-to-day;
FlatsInDagenham – for the family and friends of her colleague, who died recently; for her SIL who has cancer; and for her brother and their family;
GingerCurl – for the successful and (relatively) stress-free completion of her thesis;
HaveALittleFaith – for health and happiness as she nears the end of her pregnancy;
jann2013 – for her health; for an easier relationship with her ex; and for her to feel accepted at her church following the break-up of her relationship;
Kaykat – for her and her DS to know peace and happiness as they emerge from an abusive relationship;
MadHairDay - for her continued good health; and for her whole family and their mission, that they will find the resources (financial, practical, spiritual, whatever) that they need to grow and flourish;
PositiveAttitude – for her mission overseas; and especially for her DD1 who has been going through some tough times and may soon be spending some time abroad with her parents; for happiness for the whole Attitude family; also for PA’s mum who has Alzheimer’s; and prayers of thanks for the birth of PA’s baby great-nephew;
raininginbaltimore – for healing for her broken foot; for health for her baby girl who has terrible reflux; and for her financial situation to improve;
Roomforalittleone - for her hyperemesis to ease and for her house sale to go through smoothly, easing her family’s financial anxieties;
Teahouse – for healing following her TVT operation;
waitingtobeamummy – for her to feel closer to God following a series of difficult situations, and in the meantime for her to feel our prayers supporting her;
...and for all who post on this thread, for those who lurk, for occasional visitors, and for those known to us who are in need of prayer, whether mentioned here or not.

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

Today I am thanking God for the RAC...

Dutchoma Fri 05-Apr-13 17:16:33

Did you have a breakdown Littleone? n the car that is?

Just a quick pop in to thank everyone for their prayers for Beatrice. She is having her last round of chemo today and we got the wonderful news that her AFP (tumour marker) is 4 (was 48000 on diagnosis). She's still at risk of recurrence for the next five years, but this is still the best news we could hope for at this stage.

God bless you all!

Dutchoma Fri 05-Apr-13 20:42:08

What absolutely wonderful news. Thank you very much for updating.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 05-Apr-13 21:09:41

Fantastic news Beatrice's Mummy, oh just so wonderful! Praying for a good recovery from the chemo and praying against recurrence.

Kaykat Sat 06-Apr-13 09:43:21

Thats happy news about little Beatrice.

I had a slightly better week, actually felt grateful to be free of him. And I heard from my solicitor who has done lots of hard work for me. Still lots to be done so please keep praying that the momentum continues with all the legal stuff.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 06-Apr-13 15:20:21

I'm really glad to hear that kay, a definite answer to prayer that things are moving forward and I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit more positive. Praying that things continue to move forward.

I'd like prayer - I'm having quite significant mood swings and DH has described me as being 'horrible' at times. I really don't mean to be but I also don't think it's helpful for him to describe me as such! So just that I don't snap so much but also that he can be supportive.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 07-Apr-13 09:07:40

we are off to a party miles away. I am not looking forward to it. waiting with ds for 2.5 hours, somehee expensive. then there is shopping. and grump, who will want to spend money and do something different and sulk.

mind, I am being grumpy too! grin

[i hate parties emotion.}

Dutchoma Sun 07-Apr-13 10:32:54

Praying that somehow it will not be as bad as you fear.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 07-Apr-13 17:24:50

we got there on time. we found something to do as we did not want to pay £40 for ds/h/me to get in too. i did eventually relax enough to enjoy a walk. ds enjoyed climbing on a tree and did not seem to miss going in.

Dutchoma Sun 07-Apr-13 18:57:32

Prayers answered BES

amberlight Sun 07-Apr-13 21:26:19

Keeping prayers going.
And a request for prayer - going for two radio interviews tomorrow for Premier Christian Radio, about autism and disability work. I'm always a little nervous of losing my ability to speak .

BlackeyedSusan Sun 07-Apr-13 22:31:52

ooo when amber?

prayed

amberlight Sun 07-Apr-13 22:34:29

They're being recorded so not sure when they will be aired

BlackeyedSusan Sun 07-Apr-13 22:54:43

when are they being recorded?

I can't quite believe how good the news is about Beatrice! Praying for Faith (I think being grumpy in very late pregnancy is totally normal and understandable!) and her DH. Also for Kay and for Amber (how exciting that you get to increase the understanding of so many people).

Yesterday I had what will no doubt be the first of many sessions of having an irritable uterus. Not much fun and with my track record it was very disconcerting.

MaryBS Mon 08-Apr-13 09:02:01

11am BES

MaryBS Mon 08-Apr-13 10:56:33

Prayers for Amber as she goes in to do her broadcast...

BlackeyedSusan Mon 08-Apr-13 13:16:24

oops I prayed at 10.30 for 11. forgot to post!

<waves> just back from a rather chilly camping trip. Tired, sun/ wind burnt but happy x

Dutchoma Mon 08-Apr-13 16:41:12

She got on just fine BES and is now back in the office in dire need of tea which is being supplied.

amberlight Mon 08-Apr-13 19:41:06

Thank you for prayers. All went OK, as far as we know. Broadcasting will happen in June and in September - will update people if they're interested when we know what's what.

madhairday Tue 09-Apr-13 12:15:00

Can't wait to hear the broadcasts, amber, you're amazing.

Haven't been around much as been away and just having the dc on holiday so not time to come on. Keeping you all in my prayers.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 09-Apr-13 13:20:55

Hope you're feeling a bit better mhd.

amber I definitely want to listen! Let us know. Glad it went well.

I've been to see my MW this morning and my BP had gone up. She's sending me to the ante-natal assessment this afternoon to get some bloods done etc. I'm glad to be honest - as I said, I've been quite anxious the last week or so so I'm glad to be getting checked over. MW said it could be that the BP is up due to the anxiety or the anxiety could be my gut saying something isn't right. Better to be checked over. Good news is the heart beat was fine. I'll keep you posted but prayers appreciated.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 09-Apr-13 14:53:17

oh give me strength.

mum is convinced she has not got enough food and has got herself worked up again. I have been gone less than a week. the big upright freezer waas full and the cupboard, enough to keep a faamily going for a month.

she is lso convinced there is not enough money to put the heating on. there is. she has wworked herself into a tizzy and is not sleeping again.

she is making problems where there are none.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now