New Christian Prayer Thread for February...

(607 Posts)
Tuo Mon 04-Feb-13 20:32:02

Is it too early to call this the ‘early Spring’ thread? Wishful thinking? wink

Praying at this time especially for:
amberlight – for strength to cope with those who would campaign against those with ASDs; and, in contrast, giving thanks for her work in raising awareness of the needs of people with autism;
BabyBeatrice and her family – for healing and fortitude as they deal with Beatrice’s illness;
BlackEyedSusan – for health and strength for her; for an easier time at school for her children; and for her mum to feel more settled;
BlueTinkerbell – giving thanks for her baby DD; and praying for her as she explores her vocation;
charlottecollinsislost – for her to know more certainty in her difficult relationship situation;
DoctorAnge – for health for her little girl;
Dontsteponthemomeraths – for her DS as he is referred to the community paediatrician; for her ‘LM’ as he tries to establish contact with his children; for her brother to regain full use of his thumb, following an accident;
DutchOma and Bob – for health for Bob and for him to feel at ease in his new ; and for Oma to feel supported as she cares for him day-to-day;
FlatsInDagenham – for the family and friends of her colleague, who died recently; for her SIL who has cancer; and for her brother and their family;
GingerCurl – for the successful and (relatively) stress-free completion of her thesis;
HaveALittleFaith – for health and happiness as she nears the end of her pregnancy;
jann2013 – for her health; for an easier relationship with her ex; and for her to feel accepted at her church following the break-up of her relationship;
Kaykat – for her and her DS to know peace and happiness as they emerge from an abusive relationship;
MadHairDay - for her continued good health; and for her whole family and their mission, that they will find the resources (financial, practical, spiritual, whatever) that they need to grow and flourish;
PositiveAttitude – for her mission overseas; and especially for her DD1 who has been going through some tough times and may soon be spending some time abroad with her parents; for happiness for the whole Attitude family; also for PA’s mum who has Alzheimer’s; and prayers of thanks for the birth of PA’s baby great-nephew;
raininginbaltimore – for healing for her broken foot; for health for her baby girl who has terrible reflux; and for her financial situation to improve;
Roomforalittleone - for her hyperemesis to ease and for her house sale to go through smoothly, easing her family’s financial anxieties;
Teahouse – for healing following her TVT operation;
waitingtobeamummy – for her to feel closer to God following a series of difficult situations, and in the meantime for her to feel our prayers supporting her;
...and for all who post on this thread, for those who lurk, for occasional visitors, and for those known to us who are in need of prayer, whether mentioned here or not.

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

CharlotteCollinsismovingon Thu 14-Mar-13 11:35:06

Thanks, mhd. x

blackeyedsusan Thu 14-Mar-13 21:01:38

ok... so ds has been sleep on the sofa for 3 hours. he was fresh out of the bath and nude in a towel. and is under a heap of blankets to keep him wam (when he isn't throwing them off)

I have to wake him and see if he wants his tea. must dress him and put him to bed. he may want to do his homework. he had a melt down because he was not allowed to do his homework last night. hmm oh joy.

MaryBS Thu 14-Mar-13 21:31:52

Best of luck with that, BES.

Anyone looked at the link I posted earlier....? Feedback would be useful please...

blackeyedsusan Thu 14-Mar-13 21:52:10

tis a bit judgmental if you are not managing just for today... I think some are taken out of context and are ignoring the normal human feelings of despair, grief, exhaustion... jesus cried over lazarus, even though he was going to resurect him, he wept in the garden at the thought of death, he was so tieed he did not wake in a storm and had to take time out to be on his own at times.
sometimes people need to trust god in the midst of/despite the trouble and grief. they need others to do one anothering when things are too hard.

MaryBS Thu 14-Mar-13 22:18:01

Thats interesting because I didn't take it that way at all. When I'm not coping, thats the sort of thing I would find helpful. But its useful to know that this may not how it might be seen by others, so perhaps I won't use it.

blackeyedsusan Thu 14-Mar-13 22:20:09

ds is dressed and on the sofa eating dinner. he was a bit confused when I woke him, asking for dd. he also could not remember whether he had dinner or not. surely his grumbling tummy would tell him? I have had dinner, but my tummy thinks I have not.

blackeyedsusan Thu 14-Mar-13 22:21:18

I would use some of it but it needs careful explanaation so that the stuggling listener does not go away feeling that they have failed at one more thing.

MaryBS Thu 14-Mar-13 22:26:46

I wasn't going to explain it, its not the main focus of the sermon (which is why I can choose whether or not to include it), just say that sometimes we need help to focus on the goal that is Jesus, and that if people wanted, there was a list of bible verses which I found helpful, available at the back of church. Sometimes I feel worthless, and for example there is a verse which tells me I am not.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 14-Mar-13 22:41:14

Mary I think I'd perceive it better on a good day! I was told once that we should live 'above' rather than 'under' our circumstances. I have always struggled with this! Sometimes I would feel like it reflected on me that my faith isn't enough to surpass my circumstances. Overall though, it's very encouraging.

bes I'm glad he's woken and doing ok. Continuing to pray into your circumstances.

Lovely to hear from Charlotte. I'm glad things are progressing and I pray God is clearing the path ahead of you,

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 14-Mar-13 22:43:27

Oops! Not sure if I said that MW thinks baby might be breach? Big lump near belly button could be head or bottom?! Anyway I've got a gym ball and started bouncing and it's already shifting so prayers that its the right way round a week on Tuesday (for 36 week appointment) appreciated! Only 6 shifts to work now! smile

MaryBS Thu 14-Mar-13 22:48:54

Oo, what does it mean, to live above our circumstances? Prayers for you HavingALittleFaithBaby

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 14-Mar-13 22:59:27

It means not getting bogged down by them, giving our troubles to God to manage rather than trying to manage ourselves....something I aspire to! smile

MaryBS Fri 15-Mar-13 07:52:46

Thanks! If its likely to upset even one person and make them feel a failure then I'd rather not do it. I was unsure, so thought I'd test the waters here smile

Prayers for everyone. I'm going to a carer support day today and I'm not well sad

Mary, I like it but out of sensitivity to others, I would present it differently so people don't feel like they have tried. Maybe more like 'if this is how you're feeling, counteract it with this biblical truth' and to talk about not being bound up by the enemy???

Please will people pray? I have a headache, feel sick, still don't have GTT results (missed the call from the GP yesterday) and I need to host bible study this morning...

Sorry, just re-read post and realise that it doesn't make sense. It should say to not make people feel like they have failed!

blackeyedsusan Fri 15-Mar-13 14:53:48

I am struggling today. it is all an effort.

the boy was fine yesterday. (apart from melt down in the library)

Tuo Fri 15-Mar-13 21:11:49

Hello all. Well, I haven't quite finished everything I needed to do this week, but I'm over the hump and by about 3am a little later tonight I should be ready for the weekend.

Sorry to hear you were having a tough day today, BES. I hope it got better as the day wore on, and that you're feeling a bit more chilled now. Praying for a good day tomorrow.

Praying for good news from the docs, Room, and sending head-down prayers to LittleFaithBaby.

Mary - hope your carers' day went well, and praying that you're feeling better now.

I'm just back from a servers' training session in the cathedral, ready for when the nave reopens on Palm Sunday after being closed for over a year. I am terminally confused (the ease of understanding was not helped by the fact that there is still no altar, no chairs, no ambo, no nothing basically...) but the cathedral looks amazing. I'm so excited to see it with people in soon. And, even more excitingly, it's warm. Positively balmy I tell you! grin

Seriously... thanking God for the builders, and craftspeople, and volunteers and fundraisers, and clergy and especially the Dean, who made it all happen.

Kaykat Sat 16-Mar-13 10:20:16

Saturdays are really tough, I find myself wishing I could go back to my old life, then I have to battle against the urge to go back to him and pretend nothing has happened. I know it's totally stupid. And I am so fed up with waiting for something to happen. I miss my home so badly. I miss my life as a family so badly. I spoke to a lady this week who was talking about how lovely H used to be and she thought he was like a big teddy bear who adored me. There were lots of cruel things he did over the years that she didn't know about although they were fairly rare compared to these past months. She also said that for some people the effects of cannabis can take a couple of years to wear off and that got me wondering if he will eventually turn back into the person he used to be. She is a nice lady i like her a lot but it wasnt really a helpful conversation I guess.

Dutchoma Sat 16-Mar-13 10:31:12

No, KAY it wasn't. And for one thing, do you know he is now off the cannabis? She may be a nice lady but that was quite the wrong thing to say.
What are you waiting for? Are the courts/police/solicitors dragging their feet?
Did anything happen when he last got some communication from them?
You are coping with an awful lot and I have been thinking about you. [hugs]

Kaykat Sat 16-Mar-13 15:56:56

No I don't know if he's off the cannabis and not sure how she knew about the two year thing. He has to be given a reasonable time to respond, that's why I'm waiting. Things should get moving again in a week or so.

blackeyedsusan Sat 16-Mar-13 16:09:22

kay, she only sees what is on show. no-one knows what really goes on behind closed doors. I can rerlate to the wanting to go back, but really it is to the life it should have been, not the actual reality.

Kaykat Sat 16-Mar-13 16:22:29

BEs and Oma you are both so right. I just read something on a relationship thread which reminded me of something very very cruel that my H said to me a few months ago when he was telling me how terrible I am and how wonderful OW was. Probably TMI to share it in detail here. It brought me with a sharp jolt out of this stupid nostalgia I always seem to get on a Saturday.

Dutchoma Sat 16-Mar-13 19:53:01

Share if you want to Kay

blackeyedsusan Sat 16-Mar-13 19:56:09

<nosey>

grin

do not base you decision on my nosiness...

amberlight Sat 16-Mar-13 19:57:32

Still here and praying, but quietly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now