Christian Prayer Thread for Winter - all welcome!

(516 Posts)
DontstepontheBaubles Sun 23-Dec-12 07:30:22

Roomforalittleone - That the house sale continues speedily and completes asap and that God would provide for them and help them make ends meet financially. For her sickness to ease in her pregnancy. And for her friend who has sadly lost a baby, who was sleeping.
BabyBeatrice- who has been diagnosed with cancer at only 14 months, Mum is a long term MNer who has name changed. Prayers that God would surround the family at this time and heal her DD.
Blackeyedsusan- for good health, for energy, for her two children as she struggles to get them support at School and for her Mum. For more support at Church and to not feel isolated or lonely.
Jan- For peace, for her DD to sleep better, for her to be able to put firm boundaries in place and that her H would reach acceptance and peace about the situation and learn to respect her, so they can reach a place of good co parenting. That God would help her as she begins to investigate divorce and proceed. And that the meeting goes well with her parents and in laws and that a line would be drawn in the sand.
MHD-for her body and lungs to recover from the pneumonia fully and completely and her lungs to strengthen, so that she doesn't relapse at all but enjoys this festive season with her family.
amberlight-For her family to recover from the norovirus and for peace and reconciliation with an old friend.
MrsRhettButler- for her friends Mum who is very ill in hospital with a 5% chance of survival and young children.
HaveALittleFaith -for her energy as she grows this baby.
Cloutiedumpling- that her DD settles into nursery for her return to work and adjusts to bottles/ cups.
LewisFan- Her Nan has passed away, prayers for her family.
CharlotteCollinsislost-Prayers for her as she makes big decisions about her future as she plans to separate.
Positiveattitude-for her DD over Christmas, as her Mum is so far away. For home sickness to ease with PA and DS. That her children back home get support from PA's old Church and the heating is fixed asap. And that the organisation trace the money and PA then has the funds she needs whilst they serve God out there.
Kaykat- Prayers for her in her difficult marriage, for protection, peace and for God to help her and surround her with people, so she can end things, have a safe home and for her DS.
LiftUpYourGingerHeadsOYeCurls-for her as she does her thesis, for energy, concentration, clarity, ability to see the connections as well as the bigger picture AND be able to express it in writing.
Dontsteponthemomeraths - Prayers especially for her lovely man (LM) as the court case heads to High Court, there have been so many delays but it should get there in January. That God would make a way, where there is no way, help him to afford the court fees and that he will finally have the closure; contact with his children and a maintenance agreement in place that is fair to him, his ex wife and to the children. For justice. It's 6 years since divorce due to her infidelity and it is so hard for him. The children and ex wife live in another Country and the legal system there is very different. Prayers that he has freedom from his past and doesn't live in it anymore but breaks free and moves forward in all God has for him.
And for my brother, that his thumb heals fully and that with the rehabilitation he regains movement and use and that his nerves and feelings across the top of his hand come back. The outlook is not positive currently.

If I've missed anything, please add it.

blackeyedsusan Wed 26-Dec-12 23:07:25

i am mean mome, i would have said tough. he can't get time off tough. you are much nicer than I am.

hope you can get a bit of a break while there to escape to your room. hope you have a good book!

janglebells2013 Thu 27-Dec-12 10:01:13

hey, just catching up today... so much going on. praying for those whove lost loved ones. praying for Bob Oma im sorry things have been so rough and hope he will be well enough to take care of at home. can't get a minute as dd is pretty constant after being entertained 24/7 at dhs on boxing day. she was supposed to stay over but they cancelled due to no sufficient cot so i have the pleasure smile i have never seen so many toys in my life, than what came through the door from the inlaws. where am i going to put them all? i hope you all are getting a chance to wind down now after Christmas .. im just trying to focus on the lord a bit more now all the busyiness has passed, i really need Him.

DutchOmainthestable Thu 27-Dec-12 10:12:27

Fortunately Bob is a lot better this morning, thank you all for your prayers. I think he is looking forward with a bit of dread to dinner tonight when there will be 8 roiund the table, hopefully he will get some joy from it, otherwise we will have to send him to his room grin

TuoComeLetUsAdoreHim Thu 27-Dec-12 10:27:06

Glad to hear that, Oma. Praying for tonight - for Bob to be well enough to enjoy having everyone there, and for you to get some joy from it too.

Praying also for BoxOfDelights, for CuddledUp, BES, Jan, Momey and all who need prayers right now. Also thinking of MHD and praying that she has been well enough to enjoy Christmas with her family.

ZipadiSoozi Thu 27-Dec-12 10:30:28

DO - So pleased Bob is feeling a little better, put him on the time out step if he gets too excited again hahaha, bless you, enjoy your meal all together xxx

BES and Cuddle - Prayers for your families xx

DontstepontheBaubles Thu 27-Dec-12 10:54:33

DS is unsettled up here and hasn't eaten at all. They never have very child friendly food though and rather weird options for breakfast. So I've had to go to Tesco's

janglebells2013 Thu 27-Dec-12 12:29:40

are u at your mums? i really hope ds settles soon. i echo tuo's prayers and am thinking of all of you, just having a 'quiet' day with dd here

DontstepontheBaubles Thu 27-Dec-12 12:36:17

In laws, Jan.

janglebells2013 Thu 27-Dec-12 13:15:16

oh Mome, i can't think of anything worse, but i hope you get on well with yours and that they are a good help with the children and treat you well.

DontstepontheBaubles Thu 27-Dec-12 14:09:10

Errr I tolerate them, as they mean well and are kind to the kids. They deserve a relationship with them but as I said below, I think I like my own space, as opposed to living in close quarters to ex in laws and their idiosyncrasies. But it's only a few days.

DutchOmainthestable Thu 27-Dec-12 14:44:50

Unfortunatel Baby Rose is too poorly to come over. So I won't have the whole family together this Christmas. Ds is still coming over with the pie they have cooked. Dgrandson threw a maxxive paddy at his mummy calling her a 'stupid woman' and saying he 'would get her' She remained remarkably calm, but threatened she would call his dad to come and get him so she would not have hm in the car all the way to Scotland (yes she is doing it too, Mome, but not to her in-laws) calling her names. I'm sure she would follow through as well, even if it would break her heart if she could not take him. It did calm him down somewhat and he is happily playing while she has taken dgranddaughter to the park

FriendofDorothy Thu 27-Dec-12 15:52:34

Hi everyone. Hope all is well and you have survived Christmas. I am lovely being a mum and my baby is now two weeks old. The only downside is that I have a lot of pain in my pelvis as well as a urine infection. I also think I might have thrush. Your prayers that everything will clear up would be appreciated.

Xxxxx

DutchOmainthestable Thu 27-Dec-12 20:26:07

Don't put up with it for too long FoD, Christmas or no Christmas. See if you can have a GP appointment tomorrow or on Monday, it sounds like stuff you could do without at the moment.

Lovely to hear from you and your new little baby.

I have just unwrapped my secret Santa present and it is overwhelming generosity. Apart from that I've had more presents that I've ever had and all really nice ones.

FriendofDorothy Thu 27-Dec-12 20:32:48

I saw the GP today and have antibiotics for the wee infection. The pelvic problem apparently should resolve itself in time. It's just frustrating!

DutchOmainthestable Thu 27-Dec-12 20:42:28

Oh, good girl.

ChristmasKat Fri 28-Dec-12 11:17:27

I am in the middle of a very tough time with H in the house all day every day. His mood swings are hard to deal with. He feels I should be affectionate and gets cross when I refuse. Please pray I will somehow be able to get away from him very soon.

Badvoc Fri 28-Dec-12 11:22:50

Hello everyone.
Haven't listed for a while.
I hope you all had a peaceful Xmas.
I would appreciate prayers for the situation with my family...let down again spectacularly over Xmas and am trying to get the courage to break ties which cause me nothing but pain.
Thank you x

DontstepontheBaubles Fri 28-Dec-12 13:12:15

The pastor at our Church (not Mike P) is very ill. His cancer is back and is inoperable. He's such an amazing man, he's like a Dad to half the church, he's been there ten years now and is such a pillar, as Mike is away so much. They're going to start Chemo but it's spread too far. Please pray for him and his wife and family sad I'm reeling at the news, I've only just heard.

Praying for Kat and Badvoc.

Badvoc Fri 28-Dec-12 13:43:11

I am so sorry baubles.
How awful. Poor man.
Praying x

HarktheGingerCurlangelssing Fri 28-Dec-12 22:29:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TuoComeLetUsAdoreHim Fri 28-Dec-12 23:47:57

Prayers for all, but especially for Kat, for peace at home and for an escape route in the New Year and for Badvoc's family problems; also for health for Ginger's nephew, for Oma's Bob and Baby Rose, for Baby Beatrice, and for MHD. So very sorry to hear about your pastor, Momey. Prayers for him too, as well as for your visit to the in-laws to go as well as it possibly can.

Prayers also for all who visit this thread, whether they post or just lurk, and for those known to us who need prayers. I'm going to be away for a week or so now, without internet access shock, so am taking this opportunity to add prayers for a very happy 2013 for us all in anticipation. I'll be thinking of you all.

Badvoc Sat 29-Dec-12 09:37:57

Thank you too, god bless x
Your poor nephew, hark. Praying he will feel better soon x

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 29-Dec-12 10:09:13

Morning all. I seem to have totally missed the new thread! Well belated Merry Christmas.

Bes and Cuddled I'm so sorry for your losses. Praying for comfort at this time.

Mome I'm sorry to hear Bob is ill - I know what you mean about sometimes hospital not really achieving anything. We have patients that come in and I wonder what we're really achieving. Really pleased to hear he's improved.

ginger praying for your nephew's recovery.

Mome praying for your pastor and all those who love him, that they can trust in God's plans for him.

My pregnancy continues well. I am currently suffering with a nasty cold. I'm off work today (yay!) but then in 3 long days in a row so I am a bit concerned about how I'll cope?! I also have the option of moving to short shifts. That would mean less hours a day but more days a week. Could you pray I make the right decision about that please?

Prayers and blessings to you all.

DontstepontheBaubles Sat 29-Dec-12 10:14:05

The pastor who has cancer is Bob. My brother is the one who injured his thumb grin

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 29-Dec-12 11:11:29

How is your brother doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now