Christian Prayer Thread for Winter - all welcome!

(516 Posts)
DontstepontheBaubles Sun 23-Dec-12 07:30:22

Roomforalittleone - That the house sale continues speedily and completes asap and that God would provide for them and help them make ends meet financially. For her sickness to ease in her pregnancy. And for her friend who has sadly lost a baby, who was sleeping.
BabyBeatrice- who has been diagnosed with cancer at only 14 months, Mum is a long term MNer who has name changed. Prayers that God would surround the family at this time and heal her DD.
Blackeyedsusan- for good health, for energy, for her two children as she struggles to get them support at School and for her Mum. For more support at Church and to not feel isolated or lonely.
Jan- For peace, for her DD to sleep better, for her to be able to put firm boundaries in place and that her H would reach acceptance and peace about the situation and learn to respect her, so they can reach a place of good co parenting. That God would help her as she begins to investigate divorce and proceed. And that the meeting goes well with her parents and in laws and that a line would be drawn in the sand.
MHD-for her body and lungs to recover from the pneumonia fully and completely and her lungs to strengthen, so that she doesn't relapse at all but enjoys this festive season with her family.
amberlight-For her family to recover from the norovirus and for peace and reconciliation with an old friend.
MrsRhettButler- for her friends Mum who is very ill in hospital with a 5% chance of survival and young children.
HaveALittleFaith -for her energy as she grows this baby.
Cloutiedumpling- that her DD settles into nursery for her return to work and adjusts to bottles/ cups.
LewisFan- Her Nan has passed away, prayers for her family.
CharlotteCollinsislost-Prayers for her as she makes big decisions about her future as she plans to separate.
Positiveattitude-for her DD over Christmas, as her Mum is so far away. For home sickness to ease with PA and DS. That her children back home get support from PA's old Church and the heating is fixed asap. And that the organisation trace the money and PA then has the funds she needs whilst they serve God out there.
Kaykat- Prayers for her in her difficult marriage, for protection, peace and for God to help her and surround her with people, so she can end things, have a safe home and for her DS.
LiftUpYourGingerHeadsOYeCurls-for her as she does her thesis, for energy, concentration, clarity, ability to see the connections as well as the bigger picture AND be able to express it in writing.
Dontsteponthemomeraths - Prayers especially for her lovely man (LM) as the court case heads to High Court, there have been so many delays but it should get there in January. That God would make a way, where there is no way, help him to afford the court fees and that he will finally have the closure; contact with his children and a maintenance agreement in place that is fair to him, his ex wife and to the children. For justice. It's 6 years since divorce due to her infidelity and it is so hard for him. The children and ex wife live in another Country and the legal system there is very different. Prayers that he has freedom from his past and doesn't live in it anymore but breaks free and moves forward in all God has for him.
And for my brother, that his thumb heals fully and that with the rehabilitation he regains movement and use and that his nerves and feelings across the top of his hand come back. The outlook is not positive currently.

If I've missed anything, please add it.

jan2013 Sun 27-Jan-13 17:19:47

BES its a very strange family. she wouldn't have considered that as rude.. in fact she invited me in straight afterwards and i said sorry i must get on! i just don't like dd being in an atmostphere like that so much... i really don't want her absorbing these traits!

jan2013 Sun 27-Jan-13 17:20:43

they think its normal thats the problem.

ive spend all afternoon sorting dds clothes out and the house is still a mess!

Seeing GP at 9.30 about DS. Please pray they listen if you see this.

I got the referral I needed. Woop!

blackeyedsusan Mon 28-Jan-13 10:16:34

such good news mome!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 28-Jan-13 10:26:57

Brilliant news Mome! Who have they referred him to?

Dutchoma Mon 28-Jan-13 10:40:32

Good news. Now praying that the referral coms through quickly.

jan2013 Mon 28-Jan-13 14:55:53

thats really good Mome i hope things move forward quickly from here at least the ball is rolling now

Reading and praying. I had some really amazing God moments today but I am now wiped out after a terrible night and days of just having to keep going however bad I feel. I'm really struggling and don't seem to have anyone who truly understands HG+RL does not work. I'm going to bed now. Night All.

Dutchoma Mon 28-Jan-13 19:28:24

Sleep well Littleone

Community paediatrician I think.

It's a long road to seeing what can help DS and if he's diagnosed with anything but this is a good start.

The GP was running 5 mins early when I went in and I made him run late after our long chat. Oops blush

blackeyedsusan Tue 29-Jan-13 07:54:32

fantastic, mome.

I am pleased things are moving in the right direction for you Mome . I hope you soon get the help that you need for him.

An urgent prayer request from here please. DD1 is really not good. Things are getting bad and we are having to think about what we should do. We have some thoughts. Please pray for her, for peace and for her to be calm and feel loved. Please also pray that we do what is right and what will have the best outcome for her. Please pray that someone back at home can reach out to her and help her in the dark place she is in right now. 7,500 miles away seems like an eternity away right now. sad thank you.

Morning All. Selfish, quick post I'm afraid. I had another bad night and feel so ill this morning. Had an argument with DH after he snapped at me through tiredness having been up half the night trying to get stuff done. Not nice but we have cleared the air at least and it seems that he is under pressure from college to pick up the last thing that he hasn't been attending because he's doing the morning school run. I'm not sure what they think the alternative is. I am fed up of being so ill and not having people understand. I pointed out to DH that even he hasn't tried to read up on HG and is pretty ignorant himself blush Anyway, today is yet another day to try and survive...

Praying PA

Blimey, that was quick. Room. Prayers for you and DH too. It is so hard when there are so many stresses. Prayers for a better day for you both today.

Dutchoma Tue 29-Jan-13 09:37:47

Praying for both PA and Littleone.
Praying for wisdom in dealing with dd1's depression PA.
It occurs to me that both of you in work for the Lord are under tremendous attack. There is no other way to deal with it (not that I know, anyway) than to continually proclaim the Lordship of Jesus.

jan2013 Tue 29-Jan-13 10:15:42

LO its so hard when you are ill and dh is loaded with college stuff - this was the case in my marriage for awhile and it put so much strain on us. its good you have cleared the air. its so hard when people don't understand sad you know that God understands fully, and you don't have to explain yourself to anyone, but sometimes if people knew more they would offer help and support. praying.

praying also for PA and your daughter. i can't imagine how you must feel being so far away when she is struggling, and really pray that God brings the right person to her and comforts her.

im back to college tonight and don't really feel up to it. maybe it will help me move forward though somehow.

FlatsInDagenham Tue 29-Jan-13 10:28:04

Newcomer to this thread here - just wanted to ask for prayers for a couple of people I know in RL.

My colleague, who died yesterday following a long illness, and her devoted husband.

My sil who is fighting incurable cancer. My brother and their young children who will have to face it with her, and later, without her.

Please send them all comfort, peace and the warmth of God's love in their hour of need.

I also offer all my prayers to everyone mentioned on this thread, and I am holding Positive Attitude's DD1 particularly in my thoughts. May God bring you recovery, good health and happiness.

Dutchoma Tue 29-Jan-13 10:39:01

Thank you for sharing those prayer requests with us, FlatsinDagenham Intriguing username. Prayers assured.

FlatsInDagenham Tue 29-Jan-13 11:08:20

Aren't all usernames intriguing Dutch? Just for you I will explain ... I play the drum kit (a very little) and I was taught 'flats in Dagenham' as an intro / fill sequence. If you say it out loud and rhythmically, with an emphasis on the word 'flats' and another emphasis on the 'dag' - so 'FLATS in DAGenham' - you might hear the drum fill it describes!

MadHairDay Tue 29-Jan-13 12:56:42

Welcome Flats and prayers for your colleague's family and for your sil sad

PA, praying for poor dd1, does she have much support here/friends she can talk to etc? Can anyone from church help? So glad the heating is back!

Praying for Room and Jan especially and thankful that mome has the referral.

I'm in a lot of pain as just had womb biopsy as part of a gynae exam, he says 'this is often done with anasthetic, but you're ok aren't you?' hmm - it's only because I have to have a small op so they have to check on it all. Prayers for the op would be appreciated as it is under general so a bit worried as they don't like putting patients with lung disease under general. Sure it will be fine. Thi has tired me out this morning though...I just can't seem to be able to cope with much yet.

blackeyedsusan Tue 29-Jan-13 13:03:05

praying for dd pa

Dutchoma Tue 29-Jan-13 13:27:20

Praying that the pain will soon ease MHD

MHD, that womb pain sounds horrible. Have you spoken to the anaesthetist yet? They are often keen to give you a spinal for gynae ops if you have a history of lung disease.

And, yes, DO. I agree about being under attack. I am very fatigued of it and hoping to go and see the spouses chaplain at college because I just don't feel like I'm managing brilliantly any more.

I had a good cry this morning because I still felt so ill and tired even after 12 hours sleep. Then I dragged myself to toddlers for DS' sake. I met a lovely lady there who understood that I couldn't stand for long. We chatted for ages and hit it off brilliantly. Her DH used to be at college where my DH is now. It turns out that her DS is at school with our DD1. She has just changed her days off so I'm hoping to see her at toddlers next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now