Christian Prayer Thread for Winter - all welcome!

(516 Posts)
DontstepontheBaubles Sun 23-Dec-12 07:30:22

Roomforalittleone - That the house sale continues speedily and completes asap and that God would provide for them and help them make ends meet financially. For her sickness to ease in her pregnancy. And for her friend who has sadly lost a baby, who was sleeping.
BabyBeatrice- who has been diagnosed with cancer at only 14 months, Mum is a long term MNer who has name changed. Prayers that God would surround the family at this time and heal her DD.
Blackeyedsusan- for good health, for energy, for her two children as she struggles to get them support at School and for her Mum. For more support at Church and to not feel isolated or lonely.
Jan- For peace, for her DD to sleep better, for her to be able to put firm boundaries in place and that her H would reach acceptance and peace about the situation and learn to respect her, so they can reach a place of good co parenting. That God would help her as she begins to investigate divorce and proceed. And that the meeting goes well with her parents and in laws and that a line would be drawn in the sand.
MHD-for her body and lungs to recover from the pneumonia fully and completely and her lungs to strengthen, so that she doesn't relapse at all but enjoys this festive season with her family.
amberlight-For her family to recover from the norovirus and for peace and reconciliation with an old friend.
MrsRhettButler- for her friends Mum who is very ill in hospital with a 5% chance of survival and young children.
HaveALittleFaith -for her energy as she grows this baby.
Cloutiedumpling- that her DD settles into nursery for her return to work and adjusts to bottles/ cups.
LewisFan- Her Nan has passed away, prayers for her family.
CharlotteCollinsislost-Prayers for her as she makes big decisions about her future as she plans to separate.
Positiveattitude-for her DD over Christmas, as her Mum is so far away. For home sickness to ease with PA and DS. That her children back home get support from PA's old Church and the heating is fixed asap. And that the organisation trace the money and PA then has the funds she needs whilst they serve God out there.
Kaykat- Prayers for her in her difficult marriage, for protection, peace and for God to help her and surround her with people, so she can end things, have a safe home and for her DS.
LiftUpYourGingerHeadsOYeCurls-for her as she does her thesis, for energy, concentration, clarity, ability to see the connections as well as the bigger picture AND be able to express it in writing.
Dontsteponthemomeraths - Prayers especially for her lovely man (LM) as the court case heads to High Court, there have been so many delays but it should get there in January. That God would make a way, where there is no way, help him to afford the court fees and that he will finally have the closure; contact with his children and a maintenance agreement in place that is fair to him, his ex wife and to the children. For justice. It's 6 years since divorce due to her infidelity and it is so hard for him. The children and ex wife live in another Country and the legal system there is very different. Prayers that he has freedom from his past and doesn't live in it anymore but breaks free and moves forward in all God has for him.
And for my brother, that his thumb heals fully and that with the rehabilitation he regains movement and use and that his nerves and feelings across the top of his hand come back. The outlook is not positive currently.

If I've missed anything, please add it.

blackeyedsusan Fri 25-Jan-13 20:37:49

yaay tuo!

i have been out for tea with a friend... smile an answer to prayer!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 25-Jan-13 22:51:46

Evening all. Reading and praying.

Tuo I'm so glad your prayers were answered with genuine support smile

bes praying into all aspects of your life: how is your Mum? Glad tea with a friend has made you smile

I am oh so tired. Work has been manic and the last couple of days I've struggled to cope physically and emotionally. I've ended up doing less hours at the start of the month and more the last two weeks (after a quick turnaround from nights). I don't think I've had two full days off together for three weeks hmm However I am now officially on holiday! grin Over a week off! I'd love some prayer tonight - DH is away for the night. We bought a car from his grandparents and he got the train down to collect the car and drive it back. Too much to do in a day but I'm still a bit nervy about being home alone post-fire (although better than I was). I'm hoping since I'm shattered I'll sleep anyway but prayer would be great, thanks.

Love and blessings to you all x

jan2013 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:43:45

thankful for all the answers to prayer. havingalittlefaithbaby praying for you too you have done amazingly to be working so hard and hopefully will start feeling better once the rest kicks in.

didn't get good sleep last night, but dd went down early and it made a big difference, and i actually am feeling a lot better today than the last few days so thank you so much for praying and support. itl take awhile to get 'on top' again but i feel it is possible again smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 08:47:10

Ah bliss, I slept from 11 to 8.45! Woke once to wee (well I am pregnant). Really pleased because it means I'm moving forward from the fire.

Glad your DD settled quickly Jan. I'm sure it makes a huge difference.

Dutchoma Sat 26-Jan-13 10:16:46

Lots to give thanks for. Praise God that He has His hand on us all.

And the sun is shining!

And I saw a fieldfare in the garden who dug an apple out of the snow and was demolishing it with gusto.

Morning All. I've been praying and lurking but the thread dropped off of my 'threads I'm on' so it's definitely time to post again.

I'm really struggling today. DH is away and I tried to come off of my anti-sickness meds as the GP wanted me to. It hasn't worked. I definitely still have hyperemesis and now I'm even more wiped out whilst trying to look after the 3 DC by myself (all friends busy or ignoring pleas for help and all useful family live too far away). I've turned into angry, shout mummy because I am trying to parent from the sofa and am being ignored <sigh> DS is still in his pj's blush

Having said that, it's lovely coming in here and seeing the prayers of praise and thankfulness. We have so much to be thankful for. I am anticipating being thankful for DS having a nap this afternoon...

Tuo Sat 26-Jan-13 11:21:50

Room - It's lovely to see you, but I'm sorry that things are still so tough. Don't beat yourself up. It will not kill your DS to have a PJ day. Put CBeebies or some suitable DVD on and concentrate on just getting through the day. Praying that it'll get easier for you as the day goes on.

I think I may have successfully bribed all three children to watch a film quietly/sleep while I snooze on the sofa. Please Lord, I really need this and a bit of chocolate bribery isn't so bad, is it?

Tuo Sat 26-Jan-13 14:48:31

If God had not wanted us to bribe our children with chocolate, He would not have created the cocoa bean. winkgrin

Hope you have a restful afternoon, Room.

Dutchoma Sat 26-Jan-13 14:56:03

Littleone bribing with chocolate? Of course, obvious thing to do. Glad it worked for all three of them. Hope you had some yourself.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 14:57:02

Whatever gets you through Roomy! smile hope it's a nice afternoon and you can rest.

DoctorAnge Sat 26-Jan-13 15:00:05

Thank you all do much got your prayers for DD. she is getting better!

Thinking and praying for you all.

Grrrrrrr, DVD player stopped working twice so I've had a very interrupted nap. But I've had a nap and mini eggs have been dispensed grin

Now then ladies, please be very honest... AIBU to be annoyed that no-one has responded positively to my request for help over FB today? We are part of a large community of committed Christians and not one of them has come to help. Yes, we have survived but why does life have to be this hard? I know that our children are not the responsibility of our friends and neither am I, but surely as Christians we could be trying a little harder to help each other? If We hadn't moved up here, I know that there are friends who would have helped us today sad

Dutchoma Sat 26-Jan-13 15:40:05

No, you are NBU, but don't judge anyone until ...You may find out at a later date why no-one has come to help, you may not.
But these things are very hard to cope with and I struggle with them myself.

I know it's self-centred and judgemental but I find it particularly hard where we are living. I'm not very good at the whole thing about "do everything in life without complaining".

Anyway, since then I've had someone offer to come and help for a little bit that should get me through to tea time and then we're on the home straight! I am very grateful smile

jan2013 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:31:48

ynbu and God heard and answered for today smile im sorry things are so hard and pray God finds simple ways of helping you like he did today - he has lots of ways to answer our prayers

blackeyedsusan Sat 26-Jan-13 23:27:21

"A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;" Isaiah 42. 3

sometimes I find that I have got to the very point of extinction, before he steps in...

I'm trying to work out whether or not to go to church this morning. I really do not feel up to it but the alternative is another day with the DC all stuck inside. DH is due back from his placement by 2pm. I don't know what's worse, staying in with the DC or getting to church while feeling this horrendous...

jan2013 Sun 27-Jan-13 09:21:39

BES thanks for that beautiful scriptures it is so lovely. Jesus is so kind and compassionate and will always bring the sun and light back in to our darkness no matter how bad or long it seems.

Room you have my sympathies, i feel the same about church and i hate the feeling, and then i feel guilty if i don't go, and its too much effort if i do go. dh is taking dd today and i just dont even want to get dressed, and im not in your situation. if you go it will be an effort, but at least you will be around people, they might also help you with them, and it will break up the day for you then you can hopefully relax when dh gets back. if you stay in, its making it through till 2pm.... i totally understand how indecisive this stage can be and pray that whatever you decide to do God will bless you and be with you and support you xoxo

Kaykat Sun 27-Jan-13 10:41:29

BES that's lovely. I feel very much like a bruised reed and also needing justice, although not sure what justice will involve in my case.

So another Sunday, another chance to get to church maybe this evening.

The past two weekends my H has asked to come round for a short time to see DS and has been pleasant. Both times he said its up to me and i can say no or throw him out. Both times he has been quite keen to get back to his new social life where he lives now. But he only really seems to want to see me and pushes his luck trying to get affection. Both times I have woken up on the Saturday morning crying and missing what we used to have and I really fear that this is making me vulnerable. Sorry to moan, I really am very thankful for the answers to all your prayers as I am in a much better place now he has moved out. I just need to get a bit stronger emotionally and not sure how.

MadHairDay Sun 27-Jan-13 11:52:15

Kay, you are being so strong. Of course you feel vulnerable, and with him pushing for you to be affectionate it must feel so very difficult. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like but please be assured of my ongoing prayers for you.

Room, I do hope today is better - so appreciate what you mean by sofa parenting, I do too much of that and it means a lot of getting ignored! There are definitely days where dvds and chocolate are the answer smile

Nice to see you Faith, hope you were ok last night and praying for a lovely restful week for you.

Thanks for prayers here, I really feel I am finally coming out of the fog of recovery now and getting on with life again smile

jan2013 Sun 27-Jan-13 13:47:34

hi guys, so glad you are starting to feel better mhd! and just as the snow is on its way out - good timing smile

Kaykat i am so sorry things are hard and you have woken up in tears... it is so hard. its almost easier just to do a clean break without spending that time together, it really messes with your head... youve been so strong and you can feel the benefits of the separation already by the sound of it, but its a natural process of grieving too that you are going through, grieving for the good relationship that you had hoped for. it takes so much time! hold on to the good, and let God and others comfort you through the bad.

i think you are doing so well to even be able to spend that time with him... i get shaken up just doing the handovers! this morning i went to church in the end, and dh's car couldn't start, so he couldn't get dd. i said i would drop her up after church... noone answered the door so i rapped the letter box. the dog barked, MIL came flying to the door and told me off for rapping the door! tehn starting going on about the dog and just everything, an inch from my face. i was trying to explain that dd needed nappy change and a drink after church and would be ready for a nap soon, but MIL is just so in your face. i felt totally shaken up just by seeing them for one minute never mind spending proper time with them. you are doing amazing!

praying as I read through. Especially for Kaykat, jan, mhd faith and Bes

Just flying in to let you know that i am hopeful that the heating has now been fixed at home. Whooooo!!! Finally!!! We have been here before, but within 24 hours it has packed in again, so prayers that this time it will be long-term please! Such a relief for me!!

Daren't post too much as I know i will lose it all if I am not careful so need to go, but I am still reading and praying daily.

blackeyedsusan Sun 27-Jan-13 15:54:06

ok Jan... so if he can not pick up and they are going to be rude when you drop off... he will have to come up with alterrnative arangements... use the line.. but mil did not want me to... + innocent expression after all, you only have to make dd available fo contact... if he can not organise it and is going to be ude about it, then tough.

easier said than done emotion!

the children have been bouncing around on the sofa cushions on the floor. there haas been no sounds of swearing from downstairs so he must be out.

blackeyedsusan Sun 27-Jan-13 16:41:34

oh and Jan, was going to say "the apple does not fall far from the tree." good job you are bringing up dd to be different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now