Christian Prayer Thread for Winter - all welcome!

(516 Posts)
DontstepontheBaubles Sun 23-Dec-12 07:30:22

Roomforalittleone - That the house sale continues speedily and completes asap and that God would provide for them and help them make ends meet financially. For her sickness to ease in her pregnancy. And for her friend who has sadly lost a baby, who was sleeping.
BabyBeatrice- who has been diagnosed with cancer at only 14 months, Mum is a long term MNer who has name changed. Prayers that God would surround the family at this time and heal her DD.
Blackeyedsusan- for good health, for energy, for her two children as she struggles to get them support at School and for her Mum. For more support at Church and to not feel isolated or lonely.
Jan- For peace, for her DD to sleep better, for her to be able to put firm boundaries in place and that her H would reach acceptance and peace about the situation and learn to respect her, so they can reach a place of good co parenting. That God would help her as she begins to investigate divorce and proceed. And that the meeting goes well with her parents and in laws and that a line would be drawn in the sand.
MHD-for her body and lungs to recover from the pneumonia fully and completely and her lungs to strengthen, so that she doesn't relapse at all but enjoys this festive season with her family.
amberlight-For her family to recover from the norovirus and for peace and reconciliation with an old friend.
MrsRhettButler- for her friends Mum who is very ill in hospital with a 5% chance of survival and young children.
HaveALittleFaith -for her energy as she grows this baby.
Cloutiedumpling- that her DD settles into nursery for her return to work and adjusts to bottles/ cups.
LewisFan- Her Nan has passed away, prayers for her family.
CharlotteCollinsislost-Prayers for her as she makes big decisions about her future as she plans to separate.
Positiveattitude-for her DD over Christmas, as her Mum is so far away. For home sickness to ease with PA and DS. That her children back home get support from PA's old Church and the heating is fixed asap. And that the organisation trace the money and PA then has the funds she needs whilst they serve God out there.
Kaykat- Prayers for her in her difficult marriage, for protection, peace and for God to help her and surround her with people, so she can end things, have a safe home and for her DS.
LiftUpYourGingerHeadsOYeCurls-for her as she does her thesis, for energy, concentration, clarity, ability to see the connections as well as the bigger picture AND be able to express it in writing.
Dontsteponthemomeraths - Prayers especially for her lovely man (LM) as the court case heads to High Court, there have been so many delays but it should get there in January. That God would make a way, where there is no way, help him to afford the court fees and that he will finally have the closure; contact with his children and a maintenance agreement in place that is fair to him, his ex wife and to the children. For justice. It's 6 years since divorce due to her infidelity and it is so hard for him. The children and ex wife live in another Country and the legal system there is very different. Prayers that he has freedom from his past and doesn't live in it anymore but breaks free and moves forward in all God has for him.
And for my brother, that his thumb heals fully and that with the rehabilitation he regains movement and use and that his nerves and feelings across the top of his hand come back. The outlook is not positive currently.

If I've missed anything, please add it.

Can you buy it online BES? Then you do not need to produce it at all x

Although I am praying it turns up too!

blackeyedsusan Thu 17-Jan-13 14:59:41

ooo sneaky mome...

MadHairDay Thu 17-Jan-13 15:02:22

I posted this song on my blog yesterday and thought I'd post it here. Praying that you will all know that you can lean on the everlasting arms

Praying for the situation in Algeria sad

blackeyedsusan Thu 17-Jan-13 21:17:46

snow. ofsted. welly walk. chairs tossed around the classroom at hometime. <sigh>

DS has had to be man handled out of the classroom by my childminder several times this week at home time blush sad

blackeyedsusan Fri 18-Jan-13 07:48:08

that is how ds was last year at nursery. I suggest that if you have concerns then you start the process off now. it can take a while and if they don't think there is a problem, it won't do any hrm to hve tried

MadHairDay Fri 18-Jan-13 08:45:29

Morning all

Blue - looks like the snow is getting worse today, so shall we sort out another time for you to come over - that time of day will be a mare with traffic in the snow I imagine. Send me a text - I'm signing off for the day (I try to be computer free on our day off) grin

God bless you all.

Lost you off my "threads I am on" list. shows how long ago I posted. blush Things not been great and I have gone a bit into a "head in sand" mode and not wanted to communicate with anyone. I have been reading and praying for you all, though as I read the thread each day. I will be back......

Darling ladies. I can't sleep, came on here to request prayers for my little Beatrice -- and there she is in the OP! Thank you all so very much!

She's had 2 rounds of chemo so far. It's going pretty well. She is tolerating it ok. 2 more rounds then surgery end Feb.

She's had to have a blood transfusion but that perked her up a lot. Otherwise she is up and down, some perky days and some clingy ones. She is just learning to kiss and say Mama <melt>.

Thank you again, it makes such a difference.

Dutchoma Sat 19-Jan-13 11:50:38

Oh sweetheartBeatrice's mummy, thank you for posting. Praying that all will continue to go well.

PA, look forward to getting your next prayer update. Praying for you in the meantime

MadHairDay Sat 19-Jan-13 12:28:49

PA, certainly keeping you in prayers.

Beatrice's mum, we do think of you a lot, how lovely about her learning to say mummy. smile

Happy snowy weekend everyone!

amberlight Sat 19-Jan-13 17:14:29

Praying through...

jan2013 Sat 19-Jan-13 18:34:54

praying as well for the lovely little Beatrice God has her safe in his hands

jan2013 Sun 20-Jan-13 08:48:41

its snowing outside... previously it had been snowfree, just wet. to be honest im really glad, as i have an excuse not to go to church. i can just have a quiet morning in, with dd, not have to get ready and out. im so tired.... she hasn't been sleeping during the night and im at my wits end... going to ring hv tomorrow. i feel guilty about feeling like this about church. ive no motivation! any one else in today? ill be thinking of you also, the Lord is with us too, even at home!

It's snowed here again today. I didn't go to Church either. I have my moments of being too tired and staying home. I didn't want to drive in the snow today though, it hasn't melted from Friday either. ((hugs))

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 20-Jan-13 19:59:39

Nice to have you pop in Beatrice'sMummy. Contuining to pray...against side effects of the chemo and that she's fighting fit for the surgery next month. Most of all for God's hand to be on the situation and for his strength for all of you.

We missed church today too, basically because I was exhausted. Nights last weekend then 4 days in work this week with split days off! Back in tomorrow and feeling shattered already - prayers for energy would be great!

Praying as I read...

blackeyedsusan Sun 20-Jan-13 20:17:49

34 local schools closed... but not ours. we drive past 3 of the closed ones

cloutiedumpling Sun 20-Jan-13 20:31:43

Lurking and praying, praying and lurking.

It is great to hear how God has been moving in your lives recently. God is awesome!

Kaykat Sun 20-Jan-13 22:39:08

Praying for little Beatrice, her mum and her family.

Intersting weekend, H has moved out. He came for a day to see DS and was reasonably pleasant although seemed more interested to see me than DS. I don't think it will be practical for DS to go to his new place and I don't think H wants that either. Thank you all for your prayers, I am getting answers, praise God.

Jan, praying for your DDs sleep situation, being deprived of sleep really gets you down. I hope the HV has some helpful suggestions.

Hello lovely ladies. Could I please ask for pray for a very practical thing......for the heating to be sorted for my girls back home. They have had no heating all winter and the house is huge and freezing.

One of the main reasons I have been fed up recently is because before we left SO MANY people from our church back there said "if there is a problem, don't worry, I will sort it", " Get the girls to call me and I will help them out." But when it comes down to it, nothing, nobody, not one person has done anything!! I am so upset with them all and feel so bad for my girls. There are plumbers in the church, when we were at home they have come and sorted out any heating problems, but now nobody will do anything. I am not asking for them to do it for free, we will pay. I just want the heating to be working for them. It is severely hindering DD3's long term illness and I am sure it is not helping DD1's depression to be living in a freezing house.
I feel as if the church has forgotten us. They don't care. I know I am feeling bitter and resentful when I read what a wonderful service they had this morning and how spirit filled it all was. I feel like screaming at them all!!! Please pray for my freezing cold girls. <rant over>

Tuo Mon 21-Jan-13 02:07:41

Oh, it's so late... I must sleep, but have paused to read and pray and am thinking of you all, and especially of your dds PA. Praying that they get help with the heating very soon.

blackeyedsusan Mon 21-Jan-13 08:56:41

school is closed. one child cried. one relieved. I will have to make it up to the disapointed child.

Dutchoma Mon 21-Jan-13 10:18:38

Good grief TUO that was late.

BES at least you didn't have to struggle past three closed schools only to find that your was closed too after all. The school near us is closed and it is very, very quiet. need to go and get a paper and some provisions.

jan2013 Mon 21-Jan-13 10:30:45

Morning all. sorry for those of you having to deal with school changes - any change in routine can be tough with the kids!!

PA I am ever so sorry. No wonder you feel so let down by the church who are supposed to be caring for your family while you are doing Gods work...they should be even MORE on the ball while you are away, not less! praying.

dh is going on holiday this week. so he is being all nice to me - bought dd a gift, is sending nice texts etc, kept asking if i was ok (must look awful) probably to try to make up for the fact he is going away, when obviously he isn't supposed to be able to afford it, and i feel that if he had extra time off it would be nice if he had of wanted to spend it with dd. he is taking her a few hours today before he goes. dd still not sleeping and im at breaking point. i know her teeth have been sore which is making it worse, but her 'normal' is still bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now