Okaaaay... real life spooky halloween thread - a glass has just smashed by itself in my kitchen

(6 Posts)
wilkos Sun 28-Oct-12 21:39:59

used this morning so not wet
nowhere near the edge last time I realised it was still there (would not have placed it near edge of counter anyway because of DC)
not knocked or moved by vibrations/ noise etc

looked up as it toppled gracefully over the edge about three feet from where I was

could swear I saw it shuffle as it wasnt the smash that I noticed, I watched it tumble silently from the top so something must have caught my eye (ie: movement)

any explanations? spooky or otherwise all gratefully received

meditrina Sun 28-Oct-12 21:42:53

Did you see a little tail vanishing too? Try snap traps with something sticky as bait.

wilkos Sun 28-Oct-12 21:47:05

no, definitely no tail. and hamster safely in cage (for once, the little blighter)

You are very calm!!!

IndigoBarbie Thu 08-Nov-12 20:38:38

Wilkos, Hi, How's things been since this happened?

myroomisatip Fri 16-Nov-12 17:20:29

I once had a rather lovely glass bowl shatter for no apparent reason. It was beside my bed, about 5.30 am, I was in bed, awake but a bit drowsy, only myself in the room, I definitely didnt touch it. It did not fall off the bedside table, it just gave this tremendous crack and split into about three pieces.

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now