New Christian Prayer Thread for Autumn - all welcome!

(681 Posts)
Tuo Wed 17-Oct-12 19:46:45

As the nights draw in and the leaves start to fall, it's time to start a new prayer thread. Read, pray, and post your own prayer requests.

Praying in particular, at this time, for...

... amberlight - for her continuing good health, and for her work raising awarenss of ASD in churches;
... Bluetinkerbell - for the last weeks of her pregnancy to go smoothly, for her peace of mind as she prepares to meet this baby and remembers her beautiful Sterre, and for her vocation;
... CharlotteCollinsislost - for her relationship with her H to improve with the help of counselling;
... Cupoftea - for little Beatrice and the whole family;
... Dontsteponthemomeraths - for her new job to go well;
... DutchOma - for Bob's health to be stable and for his appetite to improve, and for continued support and respite for DO;
... expatinscotland - for the whole family to receive all the love and suppor they need after the loss of their beautiful Aillidh;
... FriendofDorothy - for her pregnancy, and for a difficult work situation to be resolved;
... HaveALittleFaith - for her pregnancy, and for various work possibilities to be resolved for the best;
... jan2011 - for her H to be more sensitive to her needs and to those of their dd, and for jan to believe in herself (as we all believe in her);
... Kaykat - for her H to understand that his behaviour towards her has been unacceptable and to respect her wish for them to separate, for their ds to know that he is safe and loved at this difficult time;
... madhairday - for better health;
... MaryBS - for peace of mind and happiness;
... PositiveAttitude - for her family and their mission, for health and well-being, new friends and no rodents/mosquitoes; and for her DD1 to respond well to medication and to feel happier very soon;
... Redwhiteandblueeyedsusan - for her to know peace and comfort following her loss of her dad, for ongoing issues with her children's school, and for her ex to treat her with the respect she deserves;
... SESthebrave - for school choices;
... and for all who visit this thread - regulars, occasional posters and lurkers; those who post and those whose prayers are known only to God.

A prayer of St Richard of Chichester
Thanks be to you our Lord Jesus Christ
for all the benefits which you have given us,
for all the pains and insults which you have borne for us.
Most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
may we know you more clearly,
love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly,
day by day.
AMEN

janglebells2013 Sun 23-Dec-12 10:28:21

not coping well today here really upset pmt might not be helping

janglebells2013 Sun 23-Dec-12 08:08:37

ur brill mome thanks. also been up early here! but dd won't really let me be on comp! praying for you all.

DontstepontheBaubles Sun 23-Dec-12 07:31:27

Right, I've done a sort of summary and begun a new thread here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/philosophy_religion_spirituality/1642685-Christian-Prayer-Thread-for-Winter-all-welcome

It maybe littered with typos as the DCs kept interrupting me. How very dare they? wink

DontstepontheBaubles Sun 23-Dec-12 06:04:24

Is the thread too big and takes an age for her to access?

I can start a new one this morning, especially as the kids have woken so early <sob>

I'll just find a coffee and start summarising recent prayer requests for the op.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 23-Dec-12 05:46:50

Reading and praying. Just a quick one from me - I'm off to work shortly after a terrible night's sleep and I'm ever so snuffly! Prayers that I get through the day and feel ok appreciated!

TuoComeOComeEmmanuel Sat 22-Dec-12 23:25:48

Prayers for all. Struggling with a cold, and new glasses which have given me a permanent headache. Sorry for not naming all individually but am thinking of each and every one of you.

If my eyes are better tomorrow and looking at the screen more manageable, I will start a new thread so that PA can get back in.

Please pray that I get used to these new specs. They are varifocals and I'm finding them hard work. Thanks.

As long as it's one of Jesus' angels and not from the Lucifer school of training, I'm alright with that!

Momey take some paracetamol and have a big drink before you go to bed. Praying that the children sleep in and you have a peaceful night.

DontstepontheBaubles Sat 22-Dec-12 22:57:26

Maybe he really saw one? Or one watches him as he sleeps? wink Children are very special. I love the way DD talks to God and how she sees things.

Praying about the house situation.

Cracking headache coming on, so I better go to bed and hope it improves by morning.

I'm glad it went well and totally understand you not allowing your dad to babysit. How amazing that no-one was timed out! I bet your mum is exhausted! I love a bit of puddle jumping too and have even encouraged my parents to take DD2 out for a bit of splashy fun before now!

I've had a bad day with regard to sickness (and still have loads of presents to make) but we did get some good news from the estate agent. Our buyer is definitely on board and is hoping that things will move along quickly in the new year when the solicitors are open again. Please pray that this really does happen because our financial situation is dire without the sale.

Tonight when I was putting DS in his cot, he kept saying 'angel' over and over again until I said to him 'angel?' And he said "yes mummy....... angel coming". I think a certain little two year old is getting in to the Christmas story grin

DontstepontheBaubles Sat 22-Dec-12 21:55:58

Sadly Room my Dad has hit my son. He was only 18 months at the time. I'd never ever leave my kids with him. He also shouted at him and said he was just like his father amongst other things.

My mum came to my home today and despite the wedding over running seemed to manage with them both. Although with the wet weather she stayed in with them. I would have gone puddle jumping or soft play but DD says it was a good day and no one was sent for a time out. Thank you for praying as I was worried, it was a very long stretch with them both confined indoors in a small flat.

Praying jan x

amberlight Sat 22-Dec-12 17:04:20

Oh gosh, prayers aplenty, RoomforaLittleOne...

....and prayers for everyone else too

Please will you pray for my friends whose baby girl was "born sleeping" today sad

MaryBS Sat 22-Dec-12 12:36:57

Prayers needed here, for baby Beatrice and her family

cloutiedumpling Sat 22-Dec-12 12:12:21

Got any good box sets Mome? The toy story one keeps my DCs imobilised for hours. Have a great time at the wedding.

blackeyedsusan Sat 22-Dec-12 11:14:54

whimperrs

I feel slightly better than yesterday, but barely functioning still. going to take painkillers gain to help. thank God for painkillers! praise God that the children slept in...

the children's dad is not coming til tomorrow evening. it si a difficult situation. mil is extremely poorly. he has gone to get their presents today. last minute as usual. hmm

janglebells2013 Sat 22-Dec-12 10:50:58

please pray for me dd not settling i hvae bad headache little sleep

I remember having the same fears about my parents babysitting, Momey and struggled to leave the DD's with them to begin with. They are a bit strict about a few things but it turns out that they make better grandparents than parents. I don't think that my parents would smack my children like they did to us when we were little. It's a very different relationship and I think that they love only ever having intermittent responsibility. I'll pray that everyone has a good day and that you can relax.

DontstepontheBaubles Sat 22-Dec-12 08:47:11

Thanks oma. 2nd time I've now asked her to babysit in the 3 years since separation and divorce. She used to not be able to cope due to their exuberance and her bad hip and knee. Her health is a little better at the moment.

As you know, she has a very old school ideology on discipline, so that's my biggest prayer. There was no one else to ask though.

DutchOmainthestable Sat 22-Dec-12 08:43:15

PositiveAttitude has asked to wish you all a very happy Christmas. She can't load the prayer thread as it is too big. Dds are spending time with her dsister, which is a very good thing. She is craving mince pies, but otherwise quite happy.

DutchOmainthestable Sat 22-Dec-12 08:08:12

Certainly Momey.

DontstepontheBaubles Sat 22-Dec-12 07:28:23

I'm off to a wedding today that no kids are invited to. My mum is coming over to look after them as ExH is working. She sounds worried about what she'll do with them all day. Can you pray for her to have a good day and the children to behave?

blackeyedsusan Fri 21-Dec-12 20:31:22

<sits in corner and rocks>

2 children, supermarket... wwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

and I need to venturre out again nearer to christmas.

Evening All. Good to see you back on here MHD and no longer being in the midst of scary breathing problems. Try and make sure that you do rest properly as it can be difficult with all the festivities going on around you.

This week has been a roller coaster for us. I've had some good days and bad days with regard to sickness. I spent a whole morning at the care centre getting drugs sorted for me, DD2's pre-school jabs and a trip to the Health Visitor. Then after we lost the tenant for our house (that is crippling us financially) we accepted an offer from someone to buy the house. The offer is very low but we felt like we had no choice but to accept it because of our finances. Now I don't know if the buyer has even been contacted (bad mobile reception, apparently) to confirm that we have accepted the offer and he was going to look at another house this afternoon if he hadn't heard from us. I can't bear the not-knowing. This is the fourth time that we have accepted an offer. I don't know what will happen if we lose this buyer...

Rant over smile

blackeyedsusan Fri 21-Dec-12 14:56:44

you are damn right people were praying mhd...God my haave made you better to get bit of relief from earache! grin I mean ds has to have got his whining from somewhere... blush

I m up and about though just off to tackle the superrmarket shop with 2 children in tow. I waas supposed to go this moning but had to do n emegency trip to town to buy shoes as mine got a hole in.

praise God that the first pair I tried on fitted! and we have enough money to buy them as some would not have had.

janglebells2013 Fri 21-Dec-12 12:21:51

so glad you are home mhd. so glad you are getting great support at home when your ill and your not allowed to do anything.... make sure you don't, and take it all in, all the festiveness. its so hard to understand Gods will sometimes... ive asked why so many times about different things. why me.... i remember joyce meyers said one time... 'why not me?' i guess that was a totally different way of looking at things. there must be some purpose that we can't even begin to contemplate... and i remember also a pastor from time square church saying that some of gods purposes aren't even destined for this life - they are for the life to come... so take courage God may be preparing you now for wonderful amazing things in glory. im really sorry you are going through it. but im so glad you have the peace and presence of God - that is our all in all. xo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now