New Christian Prayer Thread for Autumn - all welcome!

(681 Posts)
Tuo Wed 17-Oct-12 19:46:45

As the nights draw in and the leaves start to fall, it's time to start a new prayer thread. Read, pray, and post your own prayer requests.

Praying in particular, at this time, for...

... amberlight - for her continuing good health, and for her work raising awarenss of ASD in churches;
... Bluetinkerbell - for the last weeks of her pregnancy to go smoothly, for her peace of mind as she prepares to meet this baby and remembers her beautiful Sterre, and for her vocation;
... CharlotteCollinsislost - for her relationship with her H to improve with the help of counselling;
... Cupoftea - for little Beatrice and the whole family;
... Dontsteponthemomeraths - for her new job to go well;
... DutchOma - for Bob's health to be stable and for his appetite to improve, and for continued support and respite for DO;
... expatinscotland - for the whole family to receive all the love and suppor they need after the loss of their beautiful Aillidh;
... FriendofDorothy - for her pregnancy, and for a difficult work situation to be resolved;
... HaveALittleFaith - for her pregnancy, and for various work possibilities to be resolved for the best;
... jan2011 - for her H to be more sensitive to her needs and to those of their dd, and for jan to believe in herself (as we all believe in her);
... Kaykat - for her H to understand that his behaviour towards her has been unacceptable and to respect her wish for them to separate, for their ds to know that he is safe and loved at this difficult time;
... madhairday - for better health;
... MaryBS - for peace of mind and happiness;
... PositiveAttitude - for her family and their mission, for health and well-being, new friends and no rodents/mosquitoes; and for her DD1 to respond well to medication and to feel happier very soon;
... Redwhiteandblueeyedsusan - for her to know peace and comfort following her loss of her dad, for ongoing issues with her children's school, and for her ex to treat her with the respect she deserves;
... SESthebrave - for school choices;
... and for all who visit this thread - regulars, occasional posters and lurkers; those who post and those whose prayers are known only to God.

A prayer of St Richard of Chichester
Thanks be to you our Lord Jesus Christ
for all the benefits which you have given us,
for all the pains and insults which you have borne for us.
Most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
may we know you more clearly,
love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly,
day by day.
AMEN

MaryBS Brazil Tue 23-Oct-12 08:53:51

Everyone is talking good sense Kaykat, your H is trying to manipulate you through your DS. Its a rotten thing to do!

CharlotteCollinsislost Tue 23-Oct-12 21:47:40

And I wouldn't be surprised, Kaykat, if your ds felt a little uncomfortable about relaying the message, but wanted to please his daddy and do the right thing. It is awful of your h to involve your ds like this and another reason you should feel you're doing the right thing wanting him out of the home. Prayers for you continuing...

blackeyedsusan England Wed 24-Oct-12 07:39:36

morning. one poorly. the othere is not going to be happy to go to school when the other is off poorly.

wonders if... [hbear] works?

blackeyedsusan England Wed 24-Oct-12 07:39:57

bear

blackeyedsusan England Wed 24-Oct-12 13:32:38

<stares mesmerised>

feel sick. appointment for monday cancelled. ds is now getting sent for an ados assessment instead, maybe before christmas.

I am a bit what the hell am I going to do if he is not diagnosed with autism. what the heck is wrong if not?

he seems a bit more settled now he is co-sleeping and beginning to get used to school, despite kicking off in the shop, kicking at dd and weeing in temper. smacking dd in the face this morning in the car. and attempting to bite me twice this week. (base layer/shirt/2 fleeces means no damage done)

DutchOma Netherlands Wed 24-Oct-12 15:13:55

That is very dificult indeed. Try not to cross bridges before you come to them. Meanwhile, that is quite bad behaviour, for whatever reason. Glad there was no damage done with the biting.

amberlight Wed 24-Oct-12 16:13:11

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46385073@N03/7589618648/in/photostream the reason that children on the autism spectrum panic in shops, schools and other busy noisy places under fluorescent lighting. This is how it can look to us as our brains get more and more overheated by the sensory input...

amberlight Wed 24-Oct-12 16:13:27
blackeyedsusan England Thu 25-Oct-12 14:37:17

dd off school and I am struggling too. had a cold and sinus infection hanging abround for 4 weeks now and am tired having been uop in the night with children and not being able to catch up sleep in the day.

got parernts evening tonight til at least 7.15 then ds has to come home and go in the bath before straight to bed. he is going to be lovely tomorrow! <breaks out armour plating> (he is definitely going to school as they buggered up his parents evening appointment to make it late)

giove thanks for a friend of my mum who is looking out for mums welfare lots and lots of thanks.

MaryBS Brazil Fri 26-Oct-12 07:52:04

Hope you are feeling better today BES. How did parents evening go?

Prayers for a dear friend's marriage which is in trouble sad

blackeyedsusan England Fri 26-Oct-12 08:15:42

parents evening with the teacherrs went well. not so well with the head.

MaryBS Brazil Fri 26-Oct-12 08:50:32

Why, what happened with the head?

DutchOma Netherlands Fri 26-Oct-12 09:56:09

Your head or the head of the school?

MaryBS Brazil Fri 26-Oct-12 10:30:54

I thought you meant head teacher blush

blackeyedsusan England Fri 26-Oct-12 12:51:00

headteacher... yes.

weegiemum Argentina Fri 26-Oct-12 13:01:41

Praying for you all. Especially remembering the teaset who must be in bits since Bea died.

I've made an appointment at the doctor for ds. He gets migraines and has missed 3 days of school this week. It's getting worse as he gets older and I think it might be hormones - he's almost 11 and getting spotty! He's gone to school today though he had calpol before he left.

Was praying the Northumbria morning prayers this morning. I thought I'd share their blessing with you:

May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you wherever He may send you,
May He guide you through the wilderness, protect you through the storm,
May He bring you home, rejoicing at the wonders He has shown you,
May He bring you home, rejoicing, once again into our doors.

madhairday Sat 27-Oct-12 12:30:02

I love that prayer weegie, we sing it at church.

Been really ill this week, proper confined to bed ill. Just up and around in past couple of days, couldn't even face my computer. Feeling week and wobbly after not keeping anything down all week (always happens with my worse infections). Would love to be with dh today who is running a marathon, his first. But stuck in ill yet again. Trying to be upbeat about it all.

prayers and love to all. Especially thinking of cup and the teaset sad

DutchOma Netherlands Sat 27-Oct-12 14:14:14

So sorry to hear you are ill again MHD. Hope it soon gets better.

amberlight Sat 27-Oct-12 19:45:01

Prayers all round

gingercurl Sun 28-Oct-12 00:03:19

Praying as I read through.

Have to take a break from MN for a while. I spend way to much time lurking on here, time that I can't afford to not be spending on my thesis. I shall be remembering you all in my prayers.

DutchOma Netherlands Sun 28-Oct-12 09:59:18

And I'll be praying for you Gingercurl I'm looking forward to you reporting that your thesis is finished and accepted.

blackeyedsusan England Sun 28-Oct-12 10:36:37

I am off to mums for a day or two. back midweek then off again.

Awww someone has nominated me for Secret Santa. It must be one of you lot <narrows eyes>

Thank you, if it was x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Oct-12 15:10:35

Me too Mome! I suspect a TTCer smile I'm chuffed to bits!

DutchOma Netherlands Sun 28-Oct-12 16:07:42

And me, I am in bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now