ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

New Christian Prayer Thread for Autumn - all welcome!

(681 Posts)
Tuo Wed 17-Oct-12 19:46:45

As the nights draw in and the leaves start to fall, it's time to start a new prayer thread. Read, pray, and post your own prayer requests.

Praying in particular, at this time, for...

... amberlight - for her continuing good health, and for her work raising awarenss of ASD in churches;
... Bluetinkerbell - for the last weeks of her pregnancy to go smoothly, for her peace of mind as she prepares to meet this baby and remembers her beautiful Sterre, and for her vocation;
... CharlotteCollinsislost - for her relationship with her H to improve with the help of counselling;
... Cupoftea - for little Beatrice and the whole family;
... Dontsteponthemomeraths - for her new job to go well;
... DutchOma - for Bob's health to be stable and for his appetite to improve, and for continued support and respite for DO;
... expatinscotland - for the whole family to receive all the love and suppor they need after the loss of their beautiful Aillidh;
... FriendofDorothy - for her pregnancy, and for a difficult work situation to be resolved;
... HaveALittleFaith - for her pregnancy, and for various work possibilities to be resolved for the best;
... jan2011 - for her H to be more sensitive to her needs and to those of their dd, and for jan to believe in herself (as we all believe in her);
... Kaykat - for her H to understand that his behaviour towards her has been unacceptable and to respect her wish for them to separate, for their ds to know that he is safe and loved at this difficult time;
... madhairday - for better health;
... MaryBS - for peace of mind and happiness;
... PositiveAttitude - for her family and their mission, for health and well-being, new friends and no rodents/mosquitoes; and for her DD1 to respond well to medication and to feel happier very soon;
... Redwhiteandblueeyedsusan - for her to know peace and comfort following her loss of her dad, for ongoing issues with her children's school, and for her ex to treat her with the respect she deserves;
... SESthebrave - for school choices;
... and for all who visit this thread - regulars, occasional posters and lurkers; those who post and those whose prayers are known only to God.

A prayer of St Richard of Chichester
Thanks be to you our Lord Jesus Christ
for all the benefits which you have given us,
for all the pains and insults which you have borne for us.
Most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
may we know you more clearly,
love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly,
day by day.
AMEN

Tuo Fri 19-Oct-12 15:28:57

God bless your ds, BES. Hope he's had a great day.

PandaG, newlark and gingercurl, good to see you all. Prayers for your family, Panda and for your next walking expedition, ginger ... oh, and for swift recovery for your ankle.

We're away for the weekend, just trying to pack (honest... not frittering time away on the internet, honest!), feeling quite stressed by some things that have happened at work, so looking forward to getting away.

Praying for all...

Kaykat Fri 19-Oct-12 18:52:30

Praising God for all the good news on here these last few days.

Prayers for all those still with struggles. I hope you all have a good weekend x

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Fri 19-Oct-12 23:17:04

praying for a relaxing weekend tuo and for work issues to get sorted.

Positively exhausted, after both my children having me up in the night multiple times; my eyes feel hot and dry. Probably compounded by a week of work and late nights.

I really do not want to be a grumpy pants with the kids today but it's likely when I feel this tired. All my ideas to do things and tackle chores seem too much right now sad

madhairday Sun 21-Oct-12 10:15:36

Hope you feel better this morning momey smile

I'm not at church today, dh doing 2 services elsewhere. Feel a bit rubbish, did too much yesterday.

Praying for you all, read through again and prayed.

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Sun 21-Oct-12 14:18:35

church did not turn out as expected. I am a bit sad / confused

madhairday Sun 21-Oct-12 14:21:00

Are you ok BES? Want to tell us about it?

Feeling battered, attacked on here by pm and feeling rather sore sad

MaryBS Sun 21-Oct-12 15:57:38

What happened MHD???? sad

madhairday Sun 21-Oct-12 16:04:02

It's OK now, I think confused

weegiemum Sun 21-Oct-12 16:05:32

I just didn't get into the last thread, but can I join up again now?

I'm doing fairly well health wise - walked all around asda and did baking today! Mentally I'm also doing a good bit better. Dh however is struggling quite badly with depression at the moment.

Last week we went on a retreat at the Northumbria Community mother house, and it was amazing. We're thinking and praying about joining the community (you don't have to live there) as the prayers and lifestyle suit us very well.

We've also moved church and are now going to our local baptist church rather than the huge city-wide also baptist church we went to before. It's been a good move!

Will continue to pray for you all,

madhairday Sun 21-Oct-12 16:10:04

How wonderful to see you weegie, to hear how well you are doing and all about the Northumbria Community too - have heard some really good things. Glad you've found a good local church too. You have often been in my prayers smile

Feeling so tearful tonight. I feel so lonely and isolated. Please pray I stop feeling sorry for myself as a single parent and start looking to God for my peace and sense of self worth sad

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 21-Oct-12 18:26:24

Praying Momey. Are you still sleep deprived? That makes everything seem worse. Praying for peace.

Nice to see you weegie!

PandaG Sun 21-Oct-12 18:28:51

Praying for you Mome, for strength and peace. Know you are precious in His sight. (trite but true!)

MHD sorry to hear you were being attacked, praying for you and your attacker!

Weegie, glad you are happy in your new church, praying for your DH.

BES - praying for you too.

I'm feeling a little disappointed, the family funeral is slap bang in the middle of half term, when DH and I had got a much needed few days away together booked. We will still go away, but spend 1 day of it in the car from very early to very late for a few hours in the middle at the funeral. Really want to be there to say goodbye and support the family, but the timing is frustrating. Not quite the relaxing break I had envisaged. Being cheesed off about it makes me feel a right cow I have to admit...

Tuo Sun 21-Oct-12 19:57:27

Prayers for all, but especially for...
... MHD - So sorry you came under attack. Glad it seems to be sorted now. And praying you feel better tomorrow, healthwise, too.
... BES - Sorry that church didn't work out as planned.
... Momey - Tiredness is a killer, and it's natural to feel down about being on your own sometimes. But you're a great mum and always seems so positive. Praying that things seem more positive tomorrow. Meanwhile... early night, eh?
... Panda - Sorry about the bad timing, but you will feel better for having been there for the family. Prayers that the rest of your half term is restful.
... Weegie - Fantastic to see you, and great to hear that you are continuing to make good progress. Praying for your dh to feel better soon.
... Kaykat - I know weekends are difficult for you. Praying that this one hasn't been too tough.
... Jan - Hope you're OK.

As you know, I've been finding it hard to say on top of work forever a long time, and have got to the point where I've had to ask for some help. I've got one more week to tie up some loose ends, and then four weeks in which I am stepping down from my usual duties in order to complete some writing that I need to get done urgently. It has been very difficult to ask for, and to accept, this help (it feels like an admission of defeat, in a way) but also a relief to have received it. In order to make sure that I don't mess up, and that I do get everything done that I need to do, I am going to ban myself from MN for the next month or so. I will be back, and will be praying in the meantime, so don't think I've abandoned you... but I may not be around for a little while.

amberlight Sun 21-Oct-12 20:31:39

Marking my place in the new thread and praying through

DutchOma Sun 21-Oct-12 20:50:23

Prayers tonight for Beatrice and the Teaset. They are falling apart under the stress and Beatrice is very poorly. Pray to Almighty God that He can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.

madhairday Mon 22-Oct-12 10:44:14

Praying, DO.

Morning everyone, are you all on half term? I have an annoying situation whereby ds is half term this week and dd next week. Makes things complicated!

Momey, are you ok this morning? Praying for peace and comfort.

blackeyedsusan Mon 22-Oct-12 12:35:49

please pray. more school issues.

parents evening this time.

No MHD not much better tbh. Going through the motions and hoping as the week goes on I'll feel better.

Rds course tonight at HTB, so prayers that I help all those lovely people in the middle of divorce would be good x

Kaykat Mon 22-Oct-12 17:30:07

Momey you are precious to God and to us. Please don't feel lonely. Can you arrange for friends or family to come round a bit more often? I am intrigued, what is rds and htb? It sounds interesting.

Tuo don't go we need you! But I agree MN is a massive time waster.

MDH that sounds awkward, our half term is next week.

BES tell us more, lots of parents evening experience here, good and bad I'm sure.

My H has been trying to be super nice most of the time. He keeps saying sorry for hurting me. I asked him to move out again then I found out he persuaded DS to tell me he doesn't want dad to move out, he feels sad when its just me and him. I am feeling very trapped and confused. I would do anything to make DS happy but I know I cannot bear to take him back. I will be mistrustful and unhappy forever more and I would get my heart broken again the next time another woman shows an interest in him. Talk some sense into me please.

blackeyedsusan Mon 22-Oct-12 20:18:09

you are not hurting ds... h is messing with his head. if he was all grown up and handled it better then it would be better for ds. you can only do the best in the present circumstances... ie h being a twit.

can't say much about parents evening, may be outed.

also please pray as I am hobbling around on a dodgy knee that keeps giving way. I am pondering bandaging a broom handle to it grin

DutchOma Mon 22-Oct-12 20:59:36

I would agree with BES, Kaykat. He is trying to manipulate you through your ds. It's not a very nice way of trying to get what HE wants, never mind the needs of anybody else.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the school BES, hope you get it sorted.

And sorry to hear about your troubles too Mome, hope you have (had) a good evening.

amberlight Tue 23-Oct-12 08:11:15

Kaykat, your ds mustn't be the one making decisions about your wellbeing. He needs you to be the responsible adult, given your DH has chosen not to be. Children get emotional damage from seeing a parent living in fear or distress of another parent every day of their lives. Separation can give them back some sense of peace...provided one of the parents doesn't make access a weapon to use against the other parent. If so, contact arrangements need to be carefully thought through with professional input.
The person who has caused the harm to your DS is your DH through his conduct. He needs to man up and realise his mistake and get on with his life in a responsible way now.

Prayers all round continuing.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Oct-12 08:32:50

I agree - he is the one who chose to have the affair, he is playing a manipulative game to once again try to make you feel like the guilty party kay. Have you tried telling him to leave rather than asking?!

Back for repeat scan this morning! Hoping and praying baby is straight! (
(Don't want to do the full bladder thing 3 times!).Having the nuchal test too so just praying its all ok health wise. smile Excited to see bean again though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now