New Christian Prayer Thread for Autumn - all welcome!

(681 Posts)
Tuo Wed 17-Oct-12 19:46:45

As the nights draw in and the leaves start to fall, it's time to start a new prayer thread. Read, pray, and post your own prayer requests.

Praying in particular, at this time, for...

... amberlight - for her continuing good health, and for her work raising awarenss of ASD in churches;
... Bluetinkerbell - for the last weeks of her pregnancy to go smoothly, for her peace of mind as she prepares to meet this baby and remembers her beautiful Sterre, and for her vocation;
... CharlotteCollinsislost - for her relationship with her H to improve with the help of counselling;
... Cupoftea - for little Beatrice and the whole family;
... Dontsteponthemomeraths - for her new job to go well;
... DutchOma - for Bob's health to be stable and for his appetite to improve, and for continued support and respite for DO;
... expatinscotland - for the whole family to receive all the love and suppor they need after the loss of their beautiful Aillidh;
... FriendofDorothy - for her pregnancy, and for a difficult work situation to be resolved;
... HaveALittleFaith - for her pregnancy, and for various work possibilities to be resolved for the best;
... jan2011 - for her H to be more sensitive to her needs and to those of their dd, and for jan to believe in herself (as we all believe in her);
... Kaykat - for her H to understand that his behaviour towards her has been unacceptable and to respect her wish for them to separate, for their ds to know that he is safe and loved at this difficult time;
... madhairday - for better health;
... MaryBS - for peace of mind and happiness;
... PositiveAttitude - for her family and their mission, for health and well-being, new friends and no rodents/mosquitoes; and for her DD1 to respond well to medication and to feel happier very soon;
... Redwhiteandblueeyedsusan - for her to know peace and comfort following her loss of her dad, for ongoing issues with her children's school, and for her ex to treat her with the respect she deserves;
... SESthebrave - for school choices;
... and for all who visit this thread - regulars, occasional posters and lurkers; those who post and those whose prayers are known only to God.

A prayer of St Richard of Chichester
Thanks be to you our Lord Jesus Christ
for all the benefits which you have given us,
for all the pains and insults which you have borne for us.
Most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
may we know you more clearly,
love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly,
day by day.
AMEN

CheerfulYank Mon 26-Nov-12 02:29:12

Just popping in to see you all. smile Praying for all of you!

CheerfulYank Mon 26-Nov-12 02:29:35

Oh, and I am having a baby too. grin

MaryBS Mon 26-Nov-12 07:43:28

Thats WONDERFUL news CheerfulYank smile smile

Jan, try not to fret about the money, just pray about it, and also contact the police in case it was handed in. But if its not, pray that the money will be of use for the person who found it, and that if they don't know God already, they will know God. You never know, God may have found an alternative use for it smile.

Oh Jan I second Mary's advice.

I take it your H decided drop off was a good time to raise things again? angry

CheerfulYank Mon 26-Nov-12 08:37:59

That's what I thought too, Jan. The money could have gone to someone who really needed it...the best purpose for tithing.

So sorry it's happened, though. sad

jan2013 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:11:16

guess i just have to trust that its fallen into the right hands.... would i just phone 999 to tell the police? (im so thick)

yeah Mome H thinks we 'should talk like 2 humans in front of dd' and is making me feel like im the one who can't talk properly in front of her. if we could talk properly and manage our relationship properly then why would all this have happened. i don't know what to think any more, even if i was in a good marriage i would still want to keep disagreements from dc, even if there is a time when she has to 'get used to it'

MaryBS Mon 26-Nov-12 10:37:13

I would contact the nearest police station, 999 is for emergencies. As for talking like 2 humans, it certainly doesn't sound like its YOU thats the one being unreasonable. If you want to keep your daughter out of it, maybe you have to say to him, now is not the right time or place, and arrange to meet up without her, but in a public place, like a cafe or something (so he has to behave and not browbeat you).

jan2013 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:50:04

ive tried saying that so many times, he just doesn't listen, he gets frustrated when i say it and tells me to wise up

MaryBS Mon 26-Nov-12 19:36:20

Wise up? Why? What on earth is he on about? That doesn't make sense, other than he is trying to control the conversation by having it in front of your child. Its difficult to know what to suggest unless you in your turn refuse to rise to the bait and refuse to listen to him unless he agrees to meet on neutral territory. What you are asking for is perfectly reasonable, don't let him tell you otherwise! Prayers for you...

jan2013 Mon 26-Nov-12 20:00:40

thanku Mary... i dread pick up and drop off incase something happens and he upsets me. i will keep refusing to listen and asking him just to leave...its so sad our relationship has come to this. praying for all those who are struggling with similar dh issues

Wise up? How patronising.

Your relationship needs time to re-set, a period without speaking can be good. He is still in the old patterns of speaking to you. Drop offs and pick ups for now, need to be simply he collects her and leaves. Drops her and leaves and he needs to respect your boundaries. He can send you an e-mail with any questions in between.

I know friends who have always had someone with them for drop offs and pick ups. Just in the early days. If you're not able to do this, can it be a neutral location?

I'm so sorry Jan. You're not wrong, please do not second guess yourself, or think you're being unreasonable. You're not. ((Hugs))

blackeyedsusan Mon 26-Nov-12 21:39:48

just popping in ask you to pray for no floods at mmy uncles/cousins villages... one is coming to help with the house and the other was going to have mum to stay for a couple of weeks.

hugs jan... you seem to have got rid of a right patronising git...

Kaykat Mon 26-Nov-12 23:10:53

I had an upsetting weekend. Found out about further unfaithfulness from my H, dating several OW at the same time as telling me his woman chasing days were over and that all he wanted was his family back. Not too much of a surprise as he was still extremely secretive but I'll admit it hurts a bit. I told him not to come home any more, just like I do every week, only to have him turn up 5 days later.

mumnosbest Mon 26-Nov-12 23:55:32

Sending prayers and best wishes for all of you. Also praying for all those not in their homes tonight due to the floods. We've had a burst pipe so have no kitchen. I can only begin to imagine the devastation some are facing.
Congratulations cheerful yank. Heres to a stress and sick free pg and a happy, healthy baby.
My friends baby boy has come through his heart surgery but is still in picu. Please spare a prayer. He's so small but getting stronger day by day. Mum and dad are desperately waiting for cuddles.

Congratulations Cheerful.

Jan prayers for you. Having someone there at drop off sounds like a good plan to me, just for a short while until things settle and he gets the message that you cannot be spoken to like that.

Kaykat sorry to hear that you are still finding out this stuff. Not an expert on this in any way, but could you change the locks before the weekend, then be out of the house, perhaps staying with a friend or something, so that he cannot get in? Prayers of peace for you. (((hugs))) too.

How is everyone else? Prayers for you all.

madhairday Tue 27-Nov-12 09:22:31

Oh Kaykat - I know you knew already he was playing around but it makes it no less devastating to find out about more. I'm so sorry. sad Praying for comfort for you today.

Jan, praying...

BES how are things?

Can't believe it's nearly December.

amberlight Tue 27-Nov-12 10:47:00

KK, heck sad
Jan, supervised contact drop off and pick up is available via women's aid etc - have they suggested this?
The only two ways to defeat an abusive partner in conversation are to repeat exactly what you just said, over and over and over again, taking no notice of their antics....or to you the one word answers of Yes and No. Either is unwinnable against and they hate it - but can't use either against you.
Prayers aplenty for everyone.

amberlight Tue 27-Nov-12 10:47:23

*use not 'you'. Grr. Typing.

ZipadiSoozi Tue 27-Nov-12 15:14:12

prayers for docs apppnt later, had a surge felt like an electric shock in my head, my heart was racing, eyes felt as if they were bulging out of my head and left bloodshot, went xt dizzy, fell back on pillow, got up this morning and ached from teeth to ears to top of head, was very frightening.

jan2013 Tue 27-Nov-12 15:21:11

so sorry kaykat. hope you are ok Zip that sounds so scary. amber thanks for the advice... i will do that next time and consider ringing WA again if things escalate. i can't even get going today... feel quite depressed actually - i hope its not coming back again. those kind of arguments like i had on sunday night usually take me awhile to recover from, though he does not consider them arguments.

Kaykat Tue 27-Nov-12 16:49:58

Hope you are ok Zip, praying.

PA wish i could but if I changed the locks he would force his way in, he's a big bloke.

Amber your advice sounds good for me to. I think I have got too bogged down and frustrated in trying to get him to acknowledge what is decent and reasonable. It's a complete waste of time. You sounds like you know what you are talking about, any further advice on dealing with a verbally and emotionally abusive man most welcome.

blackeyedsusan Wed 28-Nov-12 00:07:28

<falls in the door>

a rorund trip to mums after school and a 1.5 hour delay by an escaped pig... shattered. she is going to my uncles for a week. I will need to arrange for her to go to the gp at some point.

blackeyedsusan Wed 28-Nov-12 13:29:34

yay... spoke to mums dr... he is chasing up the help she needs... assessment first... so cobbling together care til then...

pray for a speedy outcome!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 28-Nov-12 13:33:26

Great news/progress bes! Praying for a speedy result.

jan that sounds rough. No more advice to add but praying for a resolution.

kay, despite knowing he'd been playing away I'm sure the depth of the deception makes it worse, so praying for peace.

I'm doing ok but very fatigued at the moment. Work is quite intense! I've got 2 days off together so just trying to potter at home and chill out. Prayers for energy appreciated!

ZipadiSoozi Wed 28-Nov-12 13:48:17

I'm ok, thank goodness, thank you for your prayers, I'd had a convulsion, result of a high temperature, strange I didn't feel poorly before hand (apparently a viral infection) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now