Christian Prayer Thread

(797 Posts)

All welcome to join or post a prayer request. Thinking especially of Expat at this time.

This below list is just what I've summarised from reviewing the last months post, please add any requests I've missed or if I've made an error, please correct it:

Amberlight - Prayers for dh and Amber?s small business and that all will be resolved after Mr Stalker was caught on camera outside her house and arrested
Bluetinkerbell - lost her beloved Sterre during her second trimester. Now 23 weeks pregnant again, prayers for peace and for this lovely healthy baby girl
Dontsteponthemomeraths (A.K.A teaandcakeplease) - Prayers especially for her lovely man (LM) as the court case heads to High Court in September. That God would make a way, where there is no way, help him to afford the court fees and that he will finally have the closure; contact with his children and a maintenance agreement in place that is fair to him, his ex wife and to the children. For justice. It?s 6 years since divorce due to her infidelity and it is so hard for him. The children and ex wife live in another Country and the legal system there is very different and he barely sees his children due to her. Prayers that he has freedom from his past and doesn?t live in it anymore but breaks free and moves forward in all God has for him
Also for her DD who is struggling especially lately with not seeing her Dad as much as she?d like and wishing they lived all together and weren?t divorced sad
DutchOma - Prayers for Bob, his health, the support for DO and respite care to be put in place. To see more of DGCs in the coming weeks and for Zac to get more comfortable around Grandad and her DD to not be too reluctant to visit with the grandchildren
Expat - God to hold the whole family in his arms, as they deal with the tragic loss of their beautiful daughter Aillidh
FriendofDorothy - That completion on the house they are trying to buy, happens soon and that they get all work on the new house completed, before the baby is due in December
HaveALittleFaith - Prayers for her to loose weight and get an op date soon for a blockage in her urinary tract, so she can exercise and so she can be referred for IVF and for her relationship with God to strengthen, despite the struggles and disappointments she has suffered, that she would feel God?s presence and her H
For her friend and her H who?s baby was still born at the beginning of July.
Jan2011 - Prayers for her marriage, her H?s treatment of her to change and clarity and wisdom for Jan about the future. And for her voluntary job and the training
JugglingWithTangentialOranges - For a refreshing and inspiring break this weekend in the Lakes, prayers for her marriage, her H to talk to her with respect and DS to not mimic him and less arguing in the car too smile
Kaykat - For safety, protection and strength at this difficult time in her marriage and a way out and to find a church that is right for her
Lostmywellies - For the move next Weds, Prayers for her marriage and her H?s new behaviour to be sustainable and he stops minimising her feelings
Madhairday - For her lungs to hold out as she goes to New Wine and good weather. For her DD starting Senior school in Sept and for the support, help and understanding from the teachers with her Dyspraxia and Psoriasis she needs
MaryBS - To have favour and peace this school holiday, and that she finds lots to do without money to keep both her children entertained and without people judging DS?s behaviour. Also for her DD who was meant to be going away with the youth group and has been let down
NCIS - Prayers as she starts the open university student paramedic course
PatsyPlusOne - Her friend who has lost her 11 year old son to cancer and the 8 year old brother left behind missing him
PositiveAttitude - Prayers as they follow God?s call that they settle and are happy in this new Country and become immune to the mosquitoes wink, also especially for DS and DD4 to adjust and back at home for DD1, DD2 And DD3, especially DD1 who is really struggling with being "mum & dad-less? And for PA?s Dad who is an Atheist and has started going to church with her Mum, who has Alzheimer?s lately
Redwhiteandblueeyedsusan - Prayers for her as she copes as a lone parent and for her DS and the long road to assessment for Autism. For her DD who has been removed from the sen register despite her needing help for a lifelong condition. DD?s IEP was reviewed without parental involvement, contrary to the sen code of practice, that God will be with BES as she gets official with the school and that her DD would get the help and support she needs and that the head teacher takes BES?s concerns seriously and stops fobbing her off
SESthebrave - For the daughter of a friend from church, who had been sectioned and is now back home with her 2 DS?s and really struggling with depression and her mum who is travelling long distances to support her and the children at this difficult time.
For SES?s friend who had an Ovarian cyst removed which was malignant and has now had to have a hysterectomy, for her husband and her to feel peace at this difficult time
TribbleWithoutACause - DH?s one and only set of car keys turn up
TUO - to find ways of working more efficiently, so she can sleep more but still get lots done, that God would lift her from the stress and tiredness and that she gets everything done before her holiday
Weegie - Thank God that treatment is bringing some relief to her condition Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. Ongoing prayers for more improvement and adjusting to a new way of life for both weegie and her DH. DD has Perthe's syndrome , where the hip joint dies then regrows. Thank God for an improvement in her condition and further improvements so no op is needed.

You need to read this book Kaykat: www.amazon.co.uk/Not-Under-Bondage-Biblical-Desertion/dp/0980355346/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=18CBM1YHOXCJR&coliid=I189GZTCTLC998 I keep harping on about it, I'm sorry but you need to read it. You can download a kindle app for an iphone and then read it on the sly on there, if you do not want your H to see you reading it x

Kaykat Tue 31-Jul-12 13:54:01

I can't force him to leave and don't want to take DS away from his home it's been hard enough for him already not seeing his dad much the past couple of months.

amberlight Tue 31-Jul-12 13:58:18

Prayer request from BES via DO to my mobile just now - "Dad is slipping away"

Much prayer all round... sad

Kaykat, there aren't easy answers...but DS is seeing you being treated like dirt, and children tend to remember and repeat. What's been hard for him is his Dad's behaviour. You trying to minimise the damage is not wrong. Not saying you should decide either way - but I think your DS (as his older self) would want his mum happy and calm rather than living in this nightmare.... much prayer for you all.

messtins Tue 31-Jul-12 14:03:58

Can I add a request? My godmother Judy who has been just fantastic to me my whole life and is a big inspiration has been having chemo for leukaemia - she now has a zero white cell count and is extremely vulnerable to infection. Her white cell count is not recovering despite various treatments to try and stimulate her bone marrow. She's more or less banned from seeing her grandchildren because of infection risks. She's done so much for other people and remained faithful to God her whole life - and now she needs His help. Thank you.

SESthebrave Tue 31-Jul-12 14:51:18

Thanks for the BES update DO and *amber

messtins - hello! So sorry to hear about the tough time your lovely godmother is having. Prayers for God's strength, healing and love to surround her.

KayKat - prayers for you. I'm afraid I don't have advice but pray that God will show you the way forward.

Jan - praying for God's guidance for you too.

PA - praise for the dead rat. Hopefully he was alone and that is the end of the matter!

Please can I ask for continued prayers for my friend with cancer who should start her chemo this week. Also for my friend whose daughter is battling depression.

I would also really value your prayers and thoughts on the consideration I'm giving to completing a CCRS (Catholic Certificate of Religious Studies). This is something that I can complete online over 2 years with various modules, link here: http://brs-ccrs.org.uk/
I never thought I'd do any study of any type again but this is an area that interests me and something I could try and do the bulk of whilst on mat leave. I co-ordinate our RCIA group for the parish and am one of the catechists for the group so think I would benefit. The only queries I would have are how DH would respond to me doing it and the £75 per module cost and also whether I really do have the time to commit to doing it.

SESthebrave Tue 31-Jul-12 14:52:31

Sorry that link is CCRS

madhairday Tue 31-Jul-12 17:39:21

Just a quick pop in from new wine. Having an amazing time. Loving seeing god at work and experiencing his presence in awesome ways. Worshipping with thousands is v special. Praying for bes especially. Love to all

jan2011 Wed 01-Aug-12 08:38:41

oh have a great time mdh you lucky duck ! smile

praying for all the new prayer requests coming in

gingercurl Wed 01-Aug-12 11:41:02

Just checking in after spending two weeks with DS back home to see family and friends. Back in the UK now feeling somewhat at a loss as to where I'm heading and if I'm actually capable of completing this PhD. DH is not as supportive in practice as I need him to be, although he likes to think he is, and it seems his work takes precedence over anything I need/want to do. DS was something of a challenge while we were away, too, so am feeling a bit low over that as well. At times it was necessary for 4 of us adults to firmly tell him "no" before he finally got the message, e.g. not to climb over the fence into the animal enclosures at the zoo, not to jump in the sofa at other peoples' houses (he's not allowed at home so why he tried there I don't know), not to run into the street, not to kick the knees of the lady in front on the train, etc. It was lovely to be home, though.

Have skimmed through. will have a better read and pray later on.

DutchOma Wed 01-Aug-12 14:40:24

Message from BES

"Dad died at 1.20 this afternoon."

gingercurl Wed 01-Aug-12 14:47:24

So sorry for your loss BES. Praying.

MaryBS Wed 01-Aug-12 14:52:04

Prayers for you and yourse, BES

SES would the parish stump up the cost of the module, given they would benefit? Or maybe there are grants available?

Prayers for you as you cope with your DS, gingercurl. My two are settling down a bit since the end of term. DD has benefitted from some stress free relaxation time, and they've both had things to occupy them, so thank God for that! smile

I was told there'd be some activities laid on for the youth, as they couldn't go away. This has NOT happened. Is no-one reliable anymore?

FriendofDorothy Wed 01-Aug-12 16:28:53

Thanks for all your prayers. One very healthy and very wriggly baby boy!

Prayers for BES

Please please pray for DD1 and DD2. DD1's very good friend and workmate was killed in a car crash last evening. He was 20 years old.
DD2's workmate's son was stabbed to death last night.
They are both in pieces and we feel so far away. I just want to hug them both and take their hurt, frustration and anger away. sad

amberlight Wed 01-Aug-12 19:26:20

Much prayer, BES... sad

FoD - hurrah!!!

More prayers all round for all the other situations on here - goodness me re the car crash and stabbing, PA, that's awful shock

DutchOma Wed 01-Aug-12 19:37:07

After a week of wondering what would happen about the blood test that showed Bob had too much CO2 in his blood we got a phone call from Sharon, the Macmillan nurse to ask whether he would consider coming into our local hospice, so one of their consultants could have a look at him and, in consultation with the Brompton, decide what to do for the best. She said she didn;t know when a bed would be available, could be this week, or next, but after half an hour she phoned to say that there would be a bed tomorrow and an ambulance would pick him up some time in the morning.
So there is certainly an answer to prayer. It is not quite the respite care I am hoping for, but at least there is some movement in the right direction.

SESthebrave Wed 01-Aug-12 19:58:54

Praying for all those bereaved.
BES - so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
PA - how awful for your DDs. Praying for the victims, their families, your DDs and for your peace of mind being so far away. You really are not that far with the www.

DO - thanks for answer to prayer and for it to be hugely beneficial

Gingercurl - prayers for you, your DS and DH. Sorry I can't remember how old your DS is?

MHD - brilliant that you've had such an uplifting time at New Wine. I've never been but would love to some time. I think I'll have to wait until the DC are a bit older though!

MaryBS - thank you, I'd wondered about asking the parish to at least partially fund it. Seems a bit forward but no harm in asking I guess!

Tuo Wed 01-Aug-12 20:27:06

BES I am so sorry for your loss. I have been thinking about you lots and will keep you in my prayers at this sad time.

PA Also thinking of your dds and the other friends and family of those who have died.

DO Praying that Bob gets some answers very soon and that you get some respite too.

Gingercurl What is your PhD on? IME there is always a moment ( or several ) when you become convinced that you can't do it... but you have to keep working through it and it will come together in the end. Sounds like your ds was just reacting to being in a different place and trying it on to see how much he could get away with. Prayers that he'll get back to normal now you're all back at home.

FoD Fantastic news!

jan2011 Thu 02-Aug-12 12:47:24

really sorry BES thinking of you

DutchOma Thu 02-Aug-12 15:56:53

The ambulance came at 3 minutes past eight, just as I was stepping out of the shower. They gave me a few minutes to get decent then took us to the hospice, which is the most amazing place, with very friendly staff. He will be in there until at least after the weekend and then a few more days probably.

DD1's 21st birthday today. I am feeling a million miles from her. sad

BUT, after 3 days of solid visa complications and having to go from one office to another all over the city we are now sorted for travelling to Vietnam next Tuesday (it will be a 16hour day, most of it on a hot bus!!!) then return into the country on the correct visas.

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Fri 03-Aug-12 22:32:10

thankyou for your prayers. I am having a short break catching up with the thread before resuming headless chicken mode to prepare for a party tomorrow. i have washing up that has been sitting there for several days and there were a few new life forms in the fridge (now in the bin) there was a potty or 2 that got neglected in the mad rush out the house but by far the worse thing was the primordial soup in the washing up bowl.... one does not expect water to be that viscous. it has been thoroughly scrubbed and had a couple of kettles of boiling water poured on it now.

how did the move go lost?

we were able to say goodbye to dad as he stopped breathing, started again and stopped. I had just given him a hug.mumhad had a hug for a long while. we were with him which is a comfort and were able to spend time with him after. he looked at peace and and we knew where he has gone which is a great comfort. the bloke at the chapel of rest in the hospital is a christian and was very positive in what he said about him being with the lord. (only after mum had said oas it would be unpc other wise)

all in all it could not have been a better end though I would have liked it to be in several years time not now of course. I think you prayers made a big difference.

we have still got an awful lot of work to do sorting out his affairs. and I am off back to Mums to sort out death certificates and forms and funerals and solicitors etc. etc etc after I have organised this damn party. I have got to do in 1 day stuff that took me 3 days to do last time. eek.

madhairday Sat 04-Aug-12 13:42:55

Oh BES. Sending you much love and prayer at this time.

DO. Much love to you also, and praying you know God's strength, comfort and all encompassing love. Praying that practical details will all be sorted better for you all.

Well, what an amazing week - have hardly had time to reflect on it all yet really. Suffice to say, I went there with a fairly bashed up faith due to recent events, but have come home so much more full of faith and encountered God in some profound ways. Friends were healed (not necc. physically though some were) - in fact on the second day I went into pain spasms in my chest, all felt hopeless. I was at a seminar and doubled up in two, I was thinking I would never survive the week. The speaker giving the seminar knows me and came up after, she knows me so well that she didn't immediately say 'let's pray for healing' bless her but just sat with me a bit. But she came back after a while and said 'would you like me to pray, just to get through the week?' I thought yes - how could I not?! - No praying for full healing of lungs and all that malarkey, just a gentle prayer for ease of pain. And you guessed it - the pain lifted, and didn't come back all week. I was in fact really, really well for me. Exhausted yes. I found actually it was in the times of worship God gave me the most strength physically. I'm still reeling from the reality of it all - God touches his people and loves us. It's flaming brilliant.

Can you tell I'm happy? smile

madhairday Sat 04-Aug-12 13:44:26

And had a great catch up with the most lovely PandaG smile

DutchOma Sat 04-Aug-12 13:46:56

Yes MHD, it shines through the post. So happy for you.

Prayer has worked for us once again too. Bob was much happier this morning and not that bothered when I said I wouldn't be back till Monday when dd and I will visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now