Christian Prayer Thread

(797 Posts)

All welcome to join or post a prayer request. Thinking especially of Expat at this time.

This below list is just what I've summarised from reviewing the last months post, please add any requests I've missed or if I've made an error, please correct it:

Amberlight - Prayers for dh and Amber?s small business and that all will be resolved after Mr Stalker was caught on camera outside her house and arrested
Bluetinkerbell - lost her beloved Sterre during her second trimester. Now 23 weeks pregnant again, prayers for peace and for this lovely healthy baby girl
Dontsteponthemomeraths (A.K.A teaandcakeplease) - Prayers especially for her lovely man (LM) as the court case heads to High Court in September. That God would make a way, where there is no way, help him to afford the court fees and that he will finally have the closure; contact with his children and a maintenance agreement in place that is fair to him, his ex wife and to the children. For justice. It?s 6 years since divorce due to her infidelity and it is so hard for him. The children and ex wife live in another Country and the legal system there is very different and he barely sees his children due to her. Prayers that he has freedom from his past and doesn?t live in it anymore but breaks free and moves forward in all God has for him
Also for her DD who is struggling especially lately with not seeing her Dad as much as she?d like and wishing they lived all together and weren?t divorced sad
DutchOma - Prayers for Bob, his health, the support for DO and respite care to be put in place. To see more of DGCs in the coming weeks and for Zac to get more comfortable around Grandad and her DD to not be too reluctant to visit with the grandchildren
Expat - God to hold the whole family in his arms, as they deal with the tragic loss of their beautiful daughter Aillidh
FriendofDorothy - That completion on the house they are trying to buy, happens soon and that they get all work on the new house completed, before the baby is due in December
HaveALittleFaith - Prayers for her to loose weight and get an op date soon for a blockage in her urinary tract, so she can exercise and so she can be referred for IVF and for her relationship with God to strengthen, despite the struggles and disappointments she has suffered, that she would feel God?s presence and her H
For her friend and her H who?s baby was still born at the beginning of July.
Jan2011 - Prayers for her marriage, her H?s treatment of her to change and clarity and wisdom for Jan about the future. And for her voluntary job and the training
JugglingWithTangentialOranges - For a refreshing and inspiring break this weekend in the Lakes, prayers for her marriage, her H to talk to her with respect and DS to not mimic him and less arguing in the car too smile
Kaykat - For safety, protection and strength at this difficult time in her marriage and a way out and to find a church that is right for her
Lostmywellies - For the move next Weds, Prayers for her marriage and her H?s new behaviour to be sustainable and he stops minimising her feelings
Madhairday - For her lungs to hold out as she goes to New Wine and good weather. For her DD starting Senior school in Sept and for the support, help and understanding from the teachers with her Dyspraxia and Psoriasis she needs
MaryBS - To have favour and peace this school holiday, and that she finds lots to do without money to keep both her children entertained and without people judging DS?s behaviour. Also for her DD who was meant to be going away with the youth group and has been let down
NCIS - Prayers as she starts the open university student paramedic course
PatsyPlusOne - Her friend who has lost her 11 year old son to cancer and the 8 year old brother left behind missing him
PositiveAttitude - Prayers as they follow God?s call that they settle and are happy in this new Country and become immune to the mosquitoes wink, also especially for DS and DD4 to adjust and back at home for DD1, DD2 And DD3, especially DD1 who is really struggling with being "mum & dad-less? And for PA?s Dad who is an Atheist and has started going to church with her Mum, who has Alzheimer?s lately
Redwhiteandblueeyedsusan - Prayers for her as she copes as a lone parent and for her DS and the long road to assessment for Autism. For her DD who has been removed from the sen register despite her needing help for a lifelong condition. DD?s IEP was reviewed without parental involvement, contrary to the sen code of practice, that God will be with BES as she gets official with the school and that her DD would get the help and support she needs and that the head teacher takes BES?s concerns seriously and stops fobbing her off
SESthebrave - For the daughter of a friend from church, who had been sectioned and is now back home with her 2 DS?s and really struggling with depression and her mum who is travelling long distances to support her and the children at this difficult time.
For SES?s friend who had an Ovarian cyst removed which was malignant and has now had to have a hysterectomy, for her husband and her to feel peace at this difficult time
TribbleWithoutACause - DH?s one and only set of car keys turn up
TUO - to find ways of working more efficiently, so she can sleep more but still get lots done, that God would lift her from the stress and tiredness and that she gets everything done before her holiday
Weegie - Thank God that treatment is bringing some relief to her condition Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. Ongoing prayers for more improvement and adjusting to a new way of life for both weegie and her DH. DD has Perthe's syndrome , where the hip joint dies then regrows. Thank God for an improvement in her condition and further improvements so no op is needed.

Oh dear SES prayers that it will get sorted out really quickly for you.

This morning (it s now nearly 6pm here) we decided to go to a different church after quite a disappointing church trip last week which had both DCs begging us never to go there again. Last week's was a vibrant, large International church which we thought would be good for the DCs and would have lots going on for them, but the first 40 minutes was all worship songs and standing up for that long in this heat was off-putting for Dcs before they even got to their youth groups.
ANyway, today we chose a small "house" church which we had heard of. We were very warmly greeted at the door and it was so relaxed and friendly. The service was relaxed and informal and the speaker got everyone involved and adding their bits in. It was just like a lovely friendly house group meeting. We then all stayed and had lunch together. I was unsure how the DCs would be as there were a number of smaller children, but no other teenagers. When the children went to their groups I asked if either wanted to go out to "help" with the smaller children, but both chose to stay in for the whole service. I sort of thought they would be bored but they thoroughly enjoyed the interaction and the fact that everyone was included. They were treated so well and treated with respect and love just like one of the adults. On the way home DS (who is the hardest to please in these sort of things) asked if we could carry on going there and definitely go back next week. Success!!! Thank you God!!

Mosquito bites are abating, another thank you God.

Prayers for everyone on here. smile

QUick prayer request - DS was awake a lot last night because he heard "noises". He has just found a "huge" (probably not that huge, really) rat in his bedroom. Lots of screaming, banging and flustering about and he has now decided to stay in the guest room tonight. Please pray that Mr Rat does not have a family with him and that we can evict him tomorrow during daylight. (now dark here, so will have to wait til tomorrow now) Also pray that DH and I can sleep in our bed as we are next door and the "wall" does not reach the floor or ceiling, so plenty of space for a limbo dancing rat to invade our room. hmm Good night all!!! grin

Trap and peanut butter? grin

How do I ask to buy a rat trap in Cambodian? grin I actually do have some peanut butter, but my jar is going to have to last me 11 months, so I don't intend to share it with anyone a bloomin house invading rat! shock grin

DutchOma Sun 29-Jul-12 14:11:48

Combination of sign language and pictures PA?

Google translate and print it out? In case your accent confuses them? wink

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Sun 29-Jul-12 17:28:38

dad dying, please pray

rushed to hospital at 6 am only just got phone call as we were out all day. driving 60 miles to hospital tonight.

pray for child care and that i get to see him. children just eating tea.

oooh bes sad praying! hugs for you!

amberlight Sun 29-Jul-12 18:02:19

BES, hecky heck...huge prayers....

MaryBS Sun 29-Jul-12 18:21:11

Prayers also from me, BES, God go with you and yours...

SESthebrave Sun 29-Jul-12 20:51:32

Praying here too BES ((((hugs))))

cloutiedumpling Sun 29-Jul-12 21:33:12

BES - praying

PA - Erk! Hope you have success in evicting Mr Rat tomorrow. I hear that you need wire wool or something else metal to block any holes to the outside as rats will eat through absolutely anything.

Tuo Mon 30-Jul-12 00:16:12

Thanks for the new thread, Momeraths.

BES I am so sorry to hear this. Praying for you and your family and for a safe journey. Wish there was something useful that I could say, but please know that you are in my thoughts.

PA Great news about the church, but not so good about Mr Rodent. [shudder] Good luck with that one.

lost Praying for an easy move... or at least as easy as it can possibly be.

SES Praying that all gets sorted out very soon for you.

Welcome MissAnnersley.

Still on holiday. Having a great time and feeling much more chilled and (almost) ready to go back and face the work backlog! Went to church in Iona Abbey this morning, which was very special. Even more so because I vaguely mentioned to dh yesterday that I had thought about going, expecting him to be really negative about the idea (at least suggesting that it would be interfering with our holiday, etc., if not being overtly disparaging) and instead he was positively encouraging. So let that be a lesson to me in not prejudging, eh! wink blush OK, so it's still a long way to him coming along, but him being even vaguely positive (he also inquired afterwards whether it had been a good service...) is not to be sniffed at. Hooray!

Lit a candle in memory of Aillidh, too.

DutchOma Mon 30-Jul-12 06:33:32

BES sent a message at 22.15 last night which I only picked up this morning:
Her ddad had a stroke and is very poorly in hospital. She managed to see him last night and is staying with her mother with the children. Her mother is obviously very shaken and her blood pressure is up.

MaryBS Mon 30-Jul-12 08:11:26

Prayers BES

amberlight Mon 30-Jul-12 08:25:03

Keeping prayers going...

FriendofDorothy Mon 30-Jul-12 10:41:48

Hi everyone. Prayers would be apperciated. I have my 20 week scan on Wednesday and I am getting a bit anxious about it. Also, my cousin's wife who is due a few days before me had her 20-week scan and there is the possibility that the baby has heart problems. Please pray for them, and that my own anxiety with ease.

Prayers for you FOD, for your cousin and the 2 babies!

Prayres for BES and her family.

Prayer of thanks, please for a dead rat! grin We were all awake for most of the night listening to Mr Rat eat his way through DS's wardrobe (I secretly prayed it would fall on top of him and kill him so that I could sleep! blush ) ANyway, a rat man came this morning and we returned home to a dead specimen. Some sleep tonight for us all would be very welcome!

Kaykat Mon 30-Jul-12 17:53:39

Welcome MissAnnersley you are in good company on this thread, lots of lovely people supporting each other even though struggling with their own problems.

MissAnnersley Mon 30-Jul-12 18:16:36

Thanks. Am going to take some time to read all the posts properly now as DS is out and the house is quiet.

DutchOma Mon 30-Jul-12 22:25:00

Had a message from BES earlier this evening saying:
"Been to hospital. Brain swelling worse. Got to wait 24-48 hours before they can tell more. He won't fully recover and probably never leave hospital. May still deteriorate and die."

Tuo Mon 30-Jul-12 23:24:02

Thanks for the update, Oma. Have been thinking about BES all day.

Still praying...

jan2011 Tue 31-Jul-12 08:00:28

praying BES

Welcome MissA smile lovely bunch here

ive been very tired last few days and feel so down - im constantly confused about what to do with my marriage and just need Gods guidance and help.

Kaykat Tue 31-Jul-12 11:03:31

Prayers for everyone on here going through terrible things.

As for me, strong one day and a wreck the next that's how it seems to be at the moment.

OW finished with H again but that doesn't help me because he wanted to and tried very hard to start a new life with her and will probably get back with her if she's willing.

Is he still living with you? You need to walk away from this drama triangle my love. So you can move on with you life. You deserve more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now