Are Hunter wellies really worth the money?

(11 Posts)
BettyTurnip Thu 24-Dec-09 08:39:53

Maybe not best place to post but I need good wellies for walking the dog and I'm just wondering whether Hunter wellies are really worth their ££ price tag? I quite liked the look of Muckboots but apparently they have a rubbish grip for muddy fields.

Any other recommendations?

BellasSparklyBaubles Thu 24-Dec-09 08:55:17

Hiya Betty
We were just discussing all of this a few weeks ago - look for a thread called winter dog walking gear or similar.
IME Hunter soles don't last as well as they used to - I find Le Chameau are better and I have the basic ones, not the £300 Kate Moss ones grin
HTH

ceres Thu 24-Dec-09 14:11:31

i find aigle wellies much more comfortable than hunters, similar price range. aigle def worth the money.

BettyTurnip Thu 24-Dec-09 16:06:42

Thanks ladies, I'll have a look at the old thread and the Aigle and Le Chameau ones.

At the moment I'm wearing a cheap pair of wellies for walking and my feet are just about ready to drop off when we get home.

BellasSparklyBaubles Thu 24-Dec-09 18:47:55

Mine are neoprene lined but I still find double socks are the only foolproof way to warm feet wink
Merry Christmas, all grin

Pixel Tue 29-Dec-09 16:04:00

I agree with Ceres. I bought some Hunters years ago and they hurt my feet (I have wide feet though) so I gave them to a friend. Replaced them with Aigles which were fab.

At the moment I've only got a cheapo pair of Asda ones, which split today as I was struggling through calf-deep mud to give hay to the horses aargh!

Sherbert37 Tue 29-Dec-09 21:05:38

Dobbies website has pumpkin coloured Hunters (ie orange) for half price - £27.51.

FredaB Fri 28-Oct-16 21:20:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

takesnoprisoners Fri 28-Oct-16 21:22:55

I have muckboots and they are just sooo comfortable! I highly recommend them.

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 28-Oct-16 21:25:17

Freda why are you posting this on every thread about hunters? Bit weird, no?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 28-Oct-16 22:50:34

Someone's got a grudge. 😄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now