Hamster falling over

(28 Posts)
susue Sat 14-Feb-09 14:14:40

In the last few days my hamster, Molly, has been quieter and wasn't bothered about going in her ball which she loves doing. Last night she was still quiet and a bit slow moving. Today she keeps falling over and losing her balance so I've moved her bed down on to the ground floor and taken the ladder away. She doesn't seem to be in pain and isn't making any unusual noises and so after a big cuddle she has gone back to her cage. So I need to know what's wrong with her. Do Hamsters have strokes like humans? Could it be a brain thing gone wrong or what? She's only about 18 months old and my hamsters usually live until they're 3 so I don't know if this is a symptom of old age as well. My others just got slow and bald and just slept more they didn't do this. Ta for any info

ChRiStInA1986 Fri 31-Aug-12 01:07:34

Hi guys i have a simular problem except my vet told me it was due to his teeth growing too big, so he clipped them down but he is still very frail and only around 4 months old. Falling and sometimes lets his legs droop behind him for a split second, his little hands also shake when he holds them up.... I havnt taken him back to the vet yet as it was only yesterday he went...i just want him better speedy sad How much BACH drops should be used in his water? Appreciate any ideas or info.christina

mumofjust1 Fri 14-Sep-12 20:54:51

We had a huge Syrian hamster called Columbus - she was gorgeous!

She lived til she was about 3, and one morning when I got up she was staggering and very very shaky sad Took her to the vet who said that given the state of her, her age and the fact he thought she was in pain, the kindest thing would be to have her pts. I stayed with her and cried my eyes out sad

2bad Sat 15-Sep-12 00:29:28

Hi I have a Syrian hamster called skip, he's 14 months old, he's lost a lot of weight and he's not pooping and he's weak and he's not playing around his cage anymore, could anyone know what's wrong with him, I love my skip so much, I was thinking of takin him 2 the vets in the morning, its breaking my heart seeing him like this please please reply back if anyone can help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now