Is this normal? DDog letting other dogs rummage in her bits...!

(7 Posts)
ameliesfolly Fri 20-May-16 10:00:43

Ddog is a 6yr old CKCS. Very timid around other dogs though braver than she used to be. However other dogs male and female seem incredibly interested in her bits, and will dig their noses under her to get a good sniff and lick. Ddog tolerates this, she will lift her leg in the air to enable it! She was spayed several years ago, has never had a litter.

Is this normal? Both the tolerating / leg lifting and the other dogs' interest?

Janefromuptheshops Fri 20-May-16 10:02:33

God I thought it said DD letting dogs rummage in her bits shock

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 20-May-16 10:03:57

Completely normal grin

HemanOrSheRa Fri 20-May-16 10:05:16

Well, my 7 year old JRT will lie down on her side and lift a leg to allow free access, if that is any help grin?

DramaAlpaca Fri 20-May-16 10:05:22

It's normal. It's one of the ways dogs like to say hello grin

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 20-May-16 10:05:46

Has this always been the case or is it a new interest from other dogs? We had a childhood dog who suddenly couldn't turn around for other dogs smelling her bits - she had cancer sad. The vet said this sometimes happens when there are any illnesses there - infection etc as well. If it's new, I'd get it checked out for that reason, although I hope that if there's anything wrong, it's minor.

ameliesfolly Fri 20-May-16 11:14:55

I was quite relieved until I read the last post sad. It seems to be happening more but she used to avoid dogs altogether so perhaps she's a bit socially awkward and thinks this is the best way to interact. She just stands there and doesn't attempt to sniff back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now