Catflap drama!

(1 Post)
lucielou74 Mon 25-May-15 11:08:09

The life of my two cats has been turned upside down by the arrival of a new catflap. Both of my cats are about 2yrs old and have been happily using their existing catflap. Unfortunately, recently we have been having a night time visitor who have been terrorizing my cats and eating all their food. There have been proper fights with blood etc. So I have bought a new microchip catflap BUT they will not use it because it is a lot smaller. They have been shoved in and out and all that.One of the cats will use it on the way out, but not back in.

The problem is, at the same time I have brought home two kittens (bad timing I know). I dont want my big cats to feel locked out so I have been leaving a window open for them so they can get in and out without stressing about the catflap AND the new cats. I do realise that by leaving an alternative way in for them will not encourage the use of the catflap but I am just fretting about them really. At the moment, the new cats are kept separate so no problem about them escaping. But I will have to release them soon so open windows are not an option.

Should I just shut the window and leave my big cats to it and if they get stuck outside, well, they will just have to figure it out?

Also, what do I do about the catflap when the kittens are out of the room? I dont want them outside yet but it is just a matter of time before they work out it is a way in and out...how on earth do I deal with that? Keep them all in? Keep big cats out? Neither seems fair..

Any advice please? Thank you in advance xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now