Leopard Geckos?

(11 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Sat 07-Dec-13 06:29:45

DS is getting one of these for Christmas.

I'm hoping they're good pets?
Just looking for some advice please
Do's/Don'ts and general stuff like that.

Thanks

rubyrubyruby Sat 07-Dec-13 13:03:54

Are you all out walking them? wink

TomskiGirl Sat 07-Dec-13 23:22:58

We looked at those but opted for a Bearded Dragon instead and he's fab!

rubyrubyruby Sun 08-Dec-13 08:11:11

Thanks for replying!
It's particularly the leopard gecko he loves though.
I'm not buying it but I have bought a book and just wanted opinions from people who owned them.

Bearded dragon is close though eh? It's a reptile.

TomskiGirl Sun 08-Dec-13 08:29:39

We looked at getting a Gecko but they don't come out during the day and don't like being handled too much. So we went for the Beardie as they are very placid, awake in the day and sleep all night, enjoy being handled (even by me and I never thought if would hold a lizard!!) and pretty much easy to care for.
I guess it's down to personal choice but seeing as my daughter is 10, and goes to bed at 8, she wouldn't have seen much of a Gecko wink

rubyrubyruby Sun 08-Dec-13 08:37:01

Ah yes - thanks

He is 16 and out at college which is a long day but obviously awake quite late.

rubyrubyruby Sun 08-Dec-13 08:38:16

I'm also going on the theory that it only requires a small tank so he could possibly take it with him when he goes to Uni.

TomskiGirl Sun 08-Dec-13 08:45:00

We got our Beardie from an independent pet shop and they were brilliant in giving advice and let us hold various reptiles, so it might be worth a trip to one to look at tanks etc. and see what suits you. They need heat and light so can use a lot of electricity smile

AnnaBaxter123 Thu 12-Dec-13 15:40:11

definitely get a leopard they are well good pets, clean, sensible and fun for all the family! relatively cheap as well smile

rubyrubyruby Thu 12-Dec-13 17:34:42

Great! Thanks Anna

That's what I want to hear

rubyrubyruby Thu 12-Dec-13 17:35:06

Great! Thanks Anna

That's what I want to hear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now