Dog just won't settle, constantly moving, whining and asking for food?

(2 Posts)
Marne Thu 24-Oct-13 10:19:21

Hi, I have posted a few times about my dog, he is a lovely boy, very gentle, great on and off the lead but he rarely settles, every time I move he jumps up and is around my feet whining and pacing around, he whines for his dinner 2 hours before dinner time and whines again before bed for a biscuit, as soon as I move he thinks I'm going to feed him and gets very excited ( sometimes he will almost knock the kids over and has scratched them ).

He is our 2nd dog, our other dog is really chilled out compared to him. I walk him twice a day and we play ball in the field until he's tired out, he has a large garden to play in but won't go out for more than 5 minutes. We have done clicker training with him and he will sit, lie down and stay but as soon as He thinks there's food about he will not respond to commands as too excited. I am home most of the day, if I do go out I have to crate him as he chews things up, if I leave the room to go to the loo he cries.

I am giving him as much exercise as I can but he still constantly paces around and whines, he wakes us up at 6am crying for h is breakfast and jumping around going crazy ( which is really noisy on our wooden floor so he wakes the whole house up ) if he's in his crate he thrashes around which is even noisier.

I don't know what to do with him, would just like him to settle down for a couple hours a day and not jump up as soon as I move.

Any advice please? Please don't recommend any training classes as I have not got the funds and there is nothing near by ( believe me I have looked ).

Marne Thu 24-Oct-13 10:23:49

Also he is being booking in for castration next week, will this help? He's a year old, lab x lurcher ( we think ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now