Help my beloved dog died tonight

(8 Posts)
susiefen Wed 18-Sep-13 02:23:28

I cant believe what has happened. My lovely Millie, only 7, has died at the emergency vets. She had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago, but was absolutely fine, full of life. Suddenly tonight there was a massive blood loss, we rushed her to the vet, where they did an emergency op. it turns out she had a huge ulcerated vaginal tumour that was now losing lots of blood and while the vet was on the phone telling me that they advised putting her to sleep, she died on the operating table. I can't believe it. 5 hours ago she was fine, playing outside. We're in bits

Secretswitch Wed 18-Sep-13 02:28:07

What a terrible shock! My heart goes out to you, Susie, on the loss of your beloved Millie. How sad and bereft you must feel sad... <<hugs>>

ChubbyKitty Wed 18-Sep-13 02:30:43

I am so sorry for your loss. Sounds like it was a massive shock to you allsad thanks

susiefen Wed 18-Sep-13 02:34:52

It's just so awful. I don't want to go to bed because when I wake up it'll all come back. We'll just miss her so much I can't bear it

Secretswitch Wed 18-Sep-13 02:44:40

I know, honey. These first days and nights will be so painful. You loved her so very much. It will take a bit for the shock to wear off. When I lost my sweet girl kitty the pain hit me like a punch in the stomach. Please be gentle with yourself.

Oh my goodness you poor thing. sad sad

The only thing to hold onto is that she was happy and enjoying life until the end and that was because she lived with you and loved you.

I don't know if you have heard about the Rqinbow Bridge but it has helped me and my dc with the loss of other much loved pets try here

FernieB Wed 18-Sep-13 10:00:05

So sorry to hear this. At least she was happy and playing and didn't suffer. It takes a while so don't be hard on yourself and take it easy.

wilsk002 Thu 24-Oct-13 10:45:21

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. It is a devastating time for you but it will get better in time! Just remember all the good times you had with her and remember she is no longer in pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now