My torties

(5 Posts)
Tonytiger Tue 10-Sep-13 21:35:44

Please help, I have lost my sons tortoises in our garden it is quite large with masses of places to hide. He will be so unhappy I need to find them before he returns from a school trip. Any ideas please ???

FernieB Tue 10-Sep-13 23:07:13

No real ideas other than to keep searching and get friends/neighbours to help. Check neighbours gardens and ask them to look out for them. Is there a particular food they love that you can put in the middle of the garden for them to tempt them out? Good luck - I really hope you find them.

Tonytiger Wed 11-Sep-13 14:18:19

Thank you fernieB I have put posters all around I hope when and if the sun starts to shine again they will come out to bask and I may see them.
So sad .......

Olbasoil Fri 13-Sep-13 10:15:42

Are they horsefield tortoises? If so they are very good diggers , so look by fenced areas or walled areas as they try & dig their way out. Hope you find them .

s111111111gh Sun 29-Sep-13 17:47:22

Yep, we lost ours for a wee bit in the garden - he'd dug in. In a flash, too! hope you found them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now