Magnetic cat flap

(4 Posts)
Fetacat Mon 19-Aug-13 13:52:49

Hello
We have managed for 2 years now letting the cats in and out but with the recent hot weather they have been out so often and then only able to get back in the house if someone is in which obviously isn't all of the time.

So this weekend we fitted a cat flap with the magnets that go on the collar but they just can't seem to work it out! Any tips on training cats to use the flap?

Also an additional issue is that the bell on boy cats collar no longer works cos it is now being attracted to the magnet so I am a bit worried that carnage may follow but can not find plastic cat bells anywhere on the Internet!
Has anyone had this issue?

SoupDragon Mon 19-Aug-13 13:54:26

Have you got the magnet the right way round on the collar? I think this caused my cat a problem when I put one of these flaps in. Having said that, in the end I taped the latch down on the cat flap so the magnet is redundant!

Fetacat Mon 19-Aug-13 14:00:25

Ooh I will check the magnet is on correctly. It didn't occur to me that it had to go a right way round! Thank you. grin

SoupDragon Mon 19-Aug-13 14:57:44

It didn't occur to me either until I watched him trying to get though the cat flap and was testing it with the spare magnet. I'm still not 100% convinced this was the problem though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now