My rabbit died last night and I am struggling

(77 Posts)
Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:10:58

Sorry I know it's not the same as losing a human but I can't stop crying. I thought I could join this page as I'm finding it difficult. I have been nursing her since last year and it's hard to just see her go. So quick.

reelingintheyears Sun 21-Apr-13 19:12:41

You're right,it's not the same as losing a human.hmm

Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:13:44

She's here until the vet opens tomorrow. I had to have her pts with an emergency vet as she was dying and gasping for breath. She turned so quickly. I've had so much hope. I thought it was just one of her down days since she's been I'll for so long with various issues, but then it quickly got really serious.

FannyFifer Sun 21-Apr-13 19:14:13

Think this might be better in the pet section. Sorry to hear about your rabbit but this section is pretty much for humans I think.

reelingintheyears Sun 21-Apr-13 19:14:41

Go away.

Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:15:42

I know it's not the same but it hurts to lose my baby. She was my baby. I have never posted on here

AnyFucker Sun 21-Apr-13 19:17:40

christ almighty

Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:19:08

Reeling - I think it is awful that you have said that. I have lost loved ones before to you know but I'm still feeling grief. Who are you to judge?

Anyway I will go to the pet section.

reelingintheyears Sun 21-Apr-13 19:20:11

Good.

I was going to come onto here and gently point you to the section for pets, but I will tell you that, although I am sorry that your rabbit died, to come onto the bereavement board where people have actually lost their babies and say what you just have is distasteful at best. please ask MNHQ to remove and post in to appropriate section, and hope and pray that you haven't just offended anyone else who has lost a child by comparing it to the loss of a rabbit.

FuckOffMrBloom Sun 21-Apr-13 19:20:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

whattodoo Sun 21-Apr-13 19:21:42

I have reported this and suggested it be moved.

Thoughtless, at best.

sydlexic Sun 21-Apr-13 19:22:40

Sorry you are feeling such grief at the loss of your rabbit. I think you loved it so it is normal to feel the loss.

Posters here have lost their human loved ones and understandably are sensitive. I think it was probably not a good idea to post here though I am sure you meant no offence.

FuckThisShit Sun 21-Apr-13 19:23:37

It's a fucking rabbit. Was a rabbit, sorry. DFO.

Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:25:34

I'm not comparing at all to loss of a child, I would never do that. I just thought there was some support for grief. I didn't realise it was only for support for people. I was just looking for an outlet to talk about my feelings. Yes get them to remove it please.

FuckOffMrBloom Sun 21-Apr-13 19:25:35

I was sympathetic until the baby comment.

To post that here, you've either got to be the most insensitive person in the world or someone out to cause pain. Which is it?

essexmumma Sun 21-Apr-13 19:26:06

Just why?!!!

Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:27:30

That really stings. Yes and I loved her very much. I'm going now. Bye and good luck

Bedtime1 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:28:34

Thats what I called her. I haven't read anything on here. I didn't see any posts. Bye I'll move on now.

JakeBullet Sun 21-Apr-13 19:28:40

She is new and has posted in the wrong section. Give her a break and just suggest it needs moving. No need to go in for the kill hmm .

No you cannot compare the loss of a pet with the loss of a baby but the OP was sad and saw "bereavement". She probably posted without realising that it only meant bereavement of people.

Please a little less aggression towards her.

I was sympathetic until she started calling her rabbit her baby, on the bereavement board which is sadly full of people who have lost their babies.

MrsWolowitz Sun 21-Apr-13 19:30:43

What Jake said.

reelingintheyears Sun 21-Apr-13 19:31:08

She's not that new.

Cravingdairy Sun 21-Apr-13 19:32:32

I think OP gets the message and piling on her is a waste of time which posters could spend on something constructive.

reelingintheyears Sun 21-Apr-13 19:33:07

Well,if you consider at least July 2012 to be new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now