Cat ill - please help

(8 Posts)
Viviennemary Mon 18-Feb-13 12:41:40

Our cat is quite old - 16 and a bit. This morning she has only laid down stretched out on the floor and not eating anything. She had a few laps of milk earlier.So I've rung the vet and she is going later this afternoon. I am fearing the worse and feel awful.

Oh, I don't have anything to add but {{{Un-Mnetty hugs}}}.

I hope she will be okay.

x

Viviennemary Mon 18-Feb-13 14:01:42

Thanks very much Schro. She is a small timid cat but has never really been ill before. I'll just have to hope for the best.

It is possible she is just a bit under the weather, don't lose hope yet.

Viviennemary Mon 18-Feb-13 15:45:02

I'm hoping so too. She has stood up for a second and they laid back down again so that's something.

Viviennemary Mon 18-Feb-13 19:37:40

It's not very good I'm afraid. She has a lump but he certainly didn't advise surgery at that age. The vet has given her an injection of anti-biotics and said it might make her rally for a while so I went with that advice as he said it was worth trying as she's not in pain. And an appetitie stimulant. Thanks again for replying.

FrauMoose Mon 25-Feb-13 10:16:34

Our cat is in the same state - not eating, not moving around. (She was sick several times on Saturday.) Also 16. Trip to the vet's tomorrow, if she doesn't perk up of her own accord.

I'm not that much of a cat person, but it's upsetting to see the creature not being her usual self...

Summer115 Mon 08-Apr-13 02:15:43

Maybe she is too old and you can take her to see doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now