Uh oh! One of Dds fish is missing.

(17 Posts)
EauRouge Thu 14-Feb-13 08:50:36

Well, keeping fish is an expensive hobby. You might be able to get the water tested at an aquatic store but make sure they tell you exactly what the readings are and not just that it's 'fine'.

If water quality is an issue then it's usually due to overstocking or an aquarium that's too small. How big is yours and what fish do you have? That should give me a clue about the water quality.

Lynned Wed 13-Feb-13 20:01:00

this sounds cruel, but i dont think we will spend that on 4 manky looking fish!
think we will just clean the tank and see how it goes, thanks for your help.

EauRouge Wed 13-Feb-13 19:13:29

You need a water test kit like this.

How big is the tank and what fish are in there?

Lynned Wed 13-Feb-13 18:47:27

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

EauRouge Wed 13-Feb-13 18:11:20

Have you tested the water quality?

Lynned Wed 13-Feb-13 17:59:41

well another one has gone, and it def. was not her! think dd is forgetting to feed them hmm

gerbilsarefun Wed 16-Jan-13 15:57:07

We had a fish literally disappear, we don't have a cat. It was (well half of it was) buried beneath the gravel. out of sight.

Poor puss wink, innocent until proven guilty. grin.

EauRouge Tue 15-Jan-13 20:30:42

Clever cat! That would depend on the type of fish, some are much jumpier than others.

I have legal precedent here.

When I was a kid, my parents had a fish tank, and the fish used to jump out. Our cats used to hoik the lid open and just wait.

Hope that helps.

Lynned Mon 14-Jan-13 17:06:56

Thank you Eaurouge. Well the fish certainly don't have a leg to stand on.

The defendant has no previous convictions, although there was the dubious case of a neighbours hamster, fortunately it never went to court, the evidence was brushed under the carpet ( not literally)!

EauRouge Mon 14-Jan-13 16:43:23

I will stand as a witness for the defendant- EauRouge, experienced fish geek and cat owner. I don't think the prosecution has a leg to stand on. Judge will prob just throw the case out.

Lynned Mon 14-Jan-13 16:21:13

Thank you everyone. Can I count on you as witness' for the defendant?

I have also pointed out there was no water anywhere!

derekthehamster Mon 14-Jan-13 16:18:51

Unlikely the cat got it. It probably died and the other fish ate it shock

EauRouge Mon 14-Jan-13 16:17:32

Not sure if she would have been able to do all that and catch a fish. If one of the fish had died and it was tiny then it wouldn't have taken long for the other fish to eat it or for the body to get stuck in a tiny crack somewhere, or get sucked into the filter.

Lynned Mon 14-Jan-13 15:58:47

Yes it had a hood, but she was accused of undoing it! Come to think of it, she didn't pester me for food! They are tiny fish, not sure what type, but snack sized! Thought pets covered both!

EauRouge Mon 14-Jan-13 15:55:34

Pawyer grin

What sort of fish is it? Doesn't the tank have a hood? You could post this on fishnet, unless you are worried that it might get one-sided against your cat. grin

Lynned Mon 14-Jan-13 15:53:20

And fingers are firmly pointing at the cat. I am acting as her pawyer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now