dogs free to loving home (so sad)

(8 Posts)

Have you actually spoken to any dog walkers? I only ask as I am one, and am always willing to strike a deal, you just have to be honest. There are lots of different options when talking to dog walkers. We have a lot of dogs on different conditions and they vary in what every owner wants. Just a thought, and I am very clost to you location wise, so know its possible.

WereTricksPotter Wed 17-Oct-12 21:43:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tilly80 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:04:15

I would never give my dogs away without checking out (in massive depth) the person's home/family first. I would want to visit the new family and see it all for myself. That's why i wouldn't want them going to a shelter as I'd never know who would end up with them and I would hate that.

WTP - I have considered dog walkers or day care, but I just can't afford it. I've thought of all possible options. I mean, I can afford to keep the dogs (food/vet wise) but I just won't have time to walk them once I'm back at work - especially when the nights get earlier and i have a 4 yr old and a baby to take care of. I can't take them out on a walk with me in the dark/cold/wet. This was all possible when my husband was with me as I'd walk the dogs once he got in from work. Sadly, this is no longer the case.

Thanks very much for the advice about vets and JR rescue. I'll look into it.

zombieplanmum Wed 17-Oct-12 20:16:16

Oh i really feel for you and i hope you don't get given a rough ride about this <looks around sternly>

I standby what people have said though, don't advertise on here, facebook etc - you need to know that your dogs are going to get permanent homes with owners who are going to take care of them as well as you have.

Jack Russel rescue is a good place to start.

How are you going to determine what is a "good" home?

Please leave it to those with experience in this.

Samvet Wed 17-Oct-12 20:10:52

Contact jack Russell rescue, your vets should have details.

WereTricksPotter Wed 17-Oct-12 20:07:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tilly80 Wed 17-Oct-12 19:56:26

I am considering giving my two amazing Jack Russells away to a good home. I'm absolutely devastated that I may have to do this, but unfortunately my husband and I are probably splitting up and we have two DDs (4 yrs and newborn) and I will have to work more as a single parent and will therefore not have time to walk my dogs.

We've had them (both boys) since puppies. They are now 5 and 6 years old and full of energy. I would never give them to an animal shelter as that would break my heart (and theirs). I really want to find a loving home for them to go to together. (They LOVE children!)

If anyone is interested, or has any advice on this sad situation, please do message me. (I live Suffolk, on the border of Essex and Cambrigshire if you would like to meet my lovely dogs.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now