A petition aganist the BBCs transgender programme Just A Girl

(7 Posts)
GrinchyMcGrincherson Tue 01-Nov-16 13:07:52

Not sure if this has been linked as I know there have been discussions about this show on the forum.

citizengo.org/en/fm/38188-dont-let-bbc-promote-transgender-ideology-your-children-anymore?tc=fb&tcid=28640519

I am linking this here as I know this is a programme that a lot of parents were upset by. I am not looking for a bunfight just giving parents a chance to sign this if they wish.

PeachGoddess Tue 01-Nov-16 14:03:26

Oh do go away. I'm a parent and there's nothing wrong with teaching your child to accept people for whoever they are. I love and support my son and I would support a transition if he were to ever feel that way.

BillHicksRanting Tue 01-Nov-16 14:39:07

Thanks for the link Op.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 01-Nov-16 14:42:21

Thanks for the link OP.

It is not appropriate for young children to be taught that a person can change their sex, as they cannot.

gunting Tue 01-Nov-16 14:44:53

I don't agree with how the BBC approached the topic with this show so thanks for the link.

ageingrunner Tue 01-Nov-16 14:47:14

Thanks op.

IcedVanillaLatte Tue 01-Nov-16 14:48:45

I was annoyed by the "debate" about this programme on Newsnight, last night I think it was. Essentially, the two guests got to introduce themselves and state a basic position, and then the debate was cut off the moment it got interesting, in favour of a pre-recorded bit about a sleb autobiography (am actor I like, but I don't watch Newsnight for book promos).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now