My son died aged 23 in a road accident in a country where the sell driving license

(24 Posts)
Jennymm23 Sun 08-May-16 09:07:11

My son Micah was working on the Europan Games in Azerbaijan where he was killed in a car accident. Our lives have been destroyed. They sell driving licenses on the street there and the drivers are horrendous. We thought he would be safe, this was an Olympic event. We are campaigning for them to make a change. Please help us. My son was the most important person in our lives.
www.change.org/p/help-micah-save-lives

Jennymm23 Sun 08-May-16 09:13:11

The pain of losing my son is impossible to describe. He was not just my son but my best friend. We just got each other. I could not have been more proud of my son. he was a gentleman, funny, kind, smart and loved his Mum and family.
Everyday is a battle just to get up and get through the day.
When he died he was the happiest he had ever been. He knew where he wanted to go, was very much in love and was respected in his field. I loved him with every part of my being. If you wanted to wreck our lives, this was the way to do it. Please help us make some kind of a difference and sign our petition and show the Olympic Comittees and the Azerbaijan Government that he mattered. please Mums, I need your support.

smallandimperfectlyformed Sun 08-May-16 09:17:19

I've just signed. I am so so sorry for the loss of your son flowers

lionheart Sun 08-May-16 09:19:53

I am so sorry that you have lost your son.

I have signed.

GozerTheGozerian Sun 08-May-16 09:19:54

I've just read some of the news articles from the time. I'm so sorry for what happened to your son - how desperately sad it is to see someone so young and vibrant lost in such a way. You're doing such a worthwhile thing in his name. I've signed the petition flowers

8FencingWire Sun 08-May-16 09:20:08

So sorry you've lost Micahflowers
I have signed.

Sissyinthesummertime Sun 08-May-16 09:23:42

No words 💐 I've signed X

HarleyQuinn90 Sun 08-May-16 09:23:49

So sorry flowers
Signed.

TheWitchwithNoName Sun 08-May-16 09:27:38

Signed, so sorry for your loss flowers

throwingpebbles Sun 08-May-16 22:33:48

Signed, I can't imagine how unbearable that must be.
I lost my first boyfriend in a road accident (he was pedestrian)when he was 19. I will never forget how unfair that felt or how dangerous cars are. They have the potential to kill and every country should respect that.

IMurderedStampyLongnose Sun 08-May-16 22:49:52

Signed.So sorry for your loss,your son looks very handsome,I am sure you are very proud of him.flowers

NonnoMum Sun 08-May-16 22:52:00

Signed. Truly sorry for the loss of your handsome son.

SecretWitch Sun 08-May-16 22:58:03

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved son. How brave and amazing you are working to keep others safe. flowers

soimpressed Sun 08-May-16 23:01:57

sorry for your loss. signed flowers

anotherbusymum14 Sun 08-May-16 23:09:03

So sorry to hear about your son. I am so sad that you lost your son in this way and that he was so young. My heart goes out to you. I have signed this document too xx

GlacindaTheTroll Fri 13-May-16 20:22:18

Changing the law and culture in a foreign country is a big ask, and I wish you well.

Getting the FCO travel advice changed was an important first step. And making sure travellers for the F1 this summer are aware of it may well be an important short-term goal

flowers

HonkHonkNose Fri 13-May-16 20:26:08

I've signed. They are beautiful pictures of your son and I'm so sorry for your loss x

LaCerbiatta Fri 13-May-16 20:29:34

Signed. So sorry for your loss.

Drinkstoomuchcoffee Fri 13-May-16 20:33:57

So sorry for your loss flowers You must be very proud of your son. And I am sure he would be proud of what you are doing to try to keep others safe.

Tottyandmarchpane1 Fri 13-May-16 20:35:13

Signed

timeforabrewnow Fri 13-May-16 20:41:18

Signed . x

Imfinehowareyou Fri 13-May-16 20:42:17

Signed. I'm so sorry for your loss.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 13-May-16 20:45:55

Signed.

I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family.

Well done for trying to change things.

Stuffofawesome Fri 13-May-16 20:47:46

Signed. So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now