To ask you to sign this petition in Charlie's memory?

(60 Posts)

I know some of you have followed Charlie Beard-Harris's story He sadly lost his battle against leukaemia on Friday.

His family have set up a Petition to Increase Awareness and Availability of Umbilical Cord Donation

It has reached 16,000 signatures, which means the government have to give them a response. Another 84,000 signatures would mean the government have to debate it.

WIBU to ask you all to sign it please?

just a thought, ATruth - why don't you start a thread in chat with a link to this thread? more traffic there, so more potential signers!
<or is that not allowed?>

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sun 10-Feb-13 22:09:12

Although I think cord blood can take longer to engraft so worth a reminder to join bone marrow register too!

namechangecity Sun 10-Feb-13 22:08:24

just put on my facebook page - if we all did this I am sure we would hit target in no time

namechangecity Sun 10-Feb-13 22:07:29

signed and bumping

FaceLikeAPickledOnion Sun 10-Feb-13 22:06:16

Ah god, I'm in tears, he was from my town. We've been praying for him for years and following his tragic story through the local paper, so desperately sad sad

No Glittery, just blatant bumping. Oops, I appear to have done it again grin

meee123 Sun 10-Feb-13 21:57:16

done

piemistress Sun 10-Feb-13 21:56:09

Done

oh, right, ATruth i thought you thought i was moaning to get it moved blush

can anyone find this section on the talk page, btw, cos i still can't? confused

Oh, just saw you moved it instead. Thank you thanks

Signed

Thanks LineRunner. I'll do that after this one goes poof.

LineRunner Sun 10-Feb-13 21:45:54

OP you can do a thread to raise awareness by naming those hospitals.

Can you move it to the petitions page that Glittery linked to instead of deleting? Pretty please?

Hospital's? OMG. Hospitals. Sorry.

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Feb-13 21:42:53

Hi all, whilst we appreciate this is a really good cause, we're afraid we don't allow petition threads on the boards so we're going to have to delete this.

I know Glittery. I was just trying to write something to keep us in active convos grin

For those of you wanting more info:

Charlie's Cords for Life FB page
Anthony Nolan info about cord donation

Looks like the only hospital's currently accepting cord blood donations in England are Birmingham Women’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital or The Royal Free Hospital in London, the Leicester Royal Infirmary and Leicester General Hospital. Not enough sad

Mrcrumpswife Sun 10-Feb-13 21:40:03

Signed and shared.

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sun 10-Feb-13 21:38:06

Aillidh, expats dd had her bone marrow transplant from cord blood.

AML is a bastard!

I signed a few days ago.

Sirzy Sun 10-Feb-13 21:30:58

Will do it now.

Which hospitals currently offer it?

thegreylady Sun 10-Feb-13 21:30:58

done

no, i just meant if HQ post to say they're deleting, ask them to move it instead, that's all smile

AmandaLF Sun 10-Feb-13 21:28:16

Signed.

I checked what hospitals done this in scotland and there's just 1 which is really bloody shocking.

Bakingnovice Sun 10-Feb-13 21:27:22

Signed and shared.

thebody Sun 10-Feb-13 21:27:22

Yes agree it would be a wonderful thing to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now