To ask you to sign this petition in Charlie's memory?

(60 Posts)

I know some of you have followed Charlie Beard-Harris's story He sadly lost his battle against leukaemia on Friday.

His family have set up a Petition to Increase Awareness and Availability of Umbilical Cord Donation

It has reached 16,000 signatures, which means the government have to give them a response. Another 84,000 signatures would mean the government have to debate it.

WIBU to ask you all to sign it please?

AhsataN Sun 10-Feb-13 19:53:37

already signed, come on everyone this is such an important cause.

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-Feb-13 19:55:56

YANBU. All done. Love and thoughts to Charlie's family.

thebody Sun 10-Feb-13 19:57:43

Of course but mumsnet will pull this thread soon as I posted similar about another child and it was deleted.

Best of wishes op to all.

sydlexic Sun 10-Feb-13 19:58:25

Done

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-Feb-13 19:59:19

Will they thebody? Is it not allowed? sad

Footface Sun 10-Feb-13 20:01:05

Bumping and signed

MariusEarlobe Sun 10-Feb-13 20:05:34

Done, im gutted for them all and his big sister sad

IvorHughJangova Sun 10-Feb-13 20:07:31

Signed. I thought about starting this too but something told me it wouldn't be allowed to stand? Not sure why and could be wrong. I followed him on Facebook and feel absolutely awful for his family, it's so sad.

Really TheBody. Why? I hope I'm not breaking any rules MNHQ, but please let this stand.

Thanks all for signing thanks

thebody Sun 10-Feb-13 20:08:06

Sparkling, they did mine but hope they don't this one.

thebody Sun 10-Feb-13 20:09:30

A truth. Sorry no think its brilliant you started this. Well done and hope it stays as a great cause.

All done x

Don't worry TheBody, I know you weren't suggesting it should go. The Twitter and Facebook campaigns are doing brilliantly so hopefully it will stay here, but if it doesn't the message will keep spreading elsewhere.

Signed.

MariusEarlobe Sun 10-Feb-13 20:21:50

They took dds cord as part of a trial 10 years ago. Not sure why its not moved on in 10 years.

5madthings Sun 10-Feb-13 20:23:35

I followed charlies battle on fb, rip sweet boy and i will sign and share on fb xx

libertyflip Sun 10-Feb-13 20:25:29

Signed x

CloudsAndTrees Sun 10-Feb-13 20:25:33

Done

Signed. I desperately wanted to donate the cord from my children, but most midwives I encountered didn't know what I meant. sad

I know. I genuinely can't believe there are so few hospitals in the uk that can do it (just six I think)

signed

Signed & shared- poor wee boy, & his family sad .

btw, i think there might be a topic specifically for petions- i'll just check.

Signed and shared

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now