Horrific. Dogs being skinned alive.

(70 Posts)
chinley Thu 22-Nov-12 17:56:57

Just saw this on another site so am forwarding it.

digitaljournal.com/article/312335

I would advise NOT watching the video; I made that mistake already. But please sign the petition HERE.

Vajazzler Fri 23-Nov-12 10:00:58

That was the most horrific thing i have ever watched in my entire life sad7
Signed and shared on fb

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 23-Nov-12 10:18:40

I believe I have seen this video before or at least one very similar,a few years ago when they were first(?) trying to raise awareness.

It was horrifying. I couldn't watch it again.

I signed the petition. To everyone saying there's no point it will achieve nothing,you are aware that there are laws about counterfeit good don't you?

I really don't think it matters that these animals aren't Labradors...they're being skinned alive. But it's okay because they're not dogs hmm

OrangeKat Fri 23-Nov-12 10:49:54

Signed and shared. The photo was horrendous enough to make me well up, I don't think I can watch the link. sad

Don't buy fake Uggs. Don't buy fur from China. Actually, don't buy Uggs as they are made in China so who knows what the sheep involved have gone through.

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 23-Nov-12 11:02:46

Orange I've seen it before I think. It was horrendous. I cried. I am not a crier generally speaking.

I'll click on when my DD is out of the room.
I'm not a dog lover (by any means) but I have been a vegetarian for 32 years of my life (I'm 46 now)

The trouble is with these sort of videos is people are too horrified to watch (you can't unsee it ) or they say "Oh I couldn't bear to watch it" (Well not watching it doesn't mean it doesn't happen).
Or ,IME I get 'numb' I have seen so many horrific videos (especially in my early vegetarian days when I was horrified into becoming a vegetarian).

Pedallleur Fri 23-Nov-12 11:32:56

So what are you doing about shark fishing where the fins are sliced off and the animal put back in the sea to drown? Dogs are a commodity in China. Child labour, dog-skinning, shark fishing it all comes down to money/exploitation

MrsWolowitz Fri 23-Nov-12 11:39:10

Ped what a silly post.

If everyone thought like that then nothing would be done about anything.

If everyone was compelled to take action about something that's moved them then the world would be a much better place. The OP is trying to raise awareness about this issue, it doesn't mean that she doesn't care about anything else.

nethunsreject Fri 23-Nov-12 11:45:00

Signed.
I can't stand dogs personally, but Jesus, cruelty to any animal is unacceptable. Even human life is very cheap in many parts of the world. SO very sad. sad

missymoomoomee Fri 23-Nov-12 12:29:42

sad

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Nov-12 13:34:35

Hi all, we are going to move this to our petitions topic now.
Please do keep it bumped.

Signed.

Why is pain neccessary to the process? Vile, vile practice angry My heart breaks when I realise just how much pain and fear we as a species cause animals all the time.

Going to go home and hug my dog really really tight tonight.

zukiecat Fri 23-Nov-12 13:44:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Vajazzler Fri 23-Nov-12 16:53:11

This has been on my mind all day sad

I'm not completely naive and understand these animals are farmed for this process etc and i've watched that programme called 'kill it cook it eat it' to try and educate myself about about how the meat we buy is produced etc.

Why cant these animals be stunned before hand? Surely a simple method like that would be more humane for them?

strumpetpumpkin Fri 23-Nov-12 16:56:02

im not sure the chinese government are about to start giving a shit about animal rights any time soon, when they barely grasp the concept of human ones, no matter how many petitions people sign

hellymelly Fri 23-Nov-12 16:57:28

I've signed. Horrific.

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 23-Nov-12 16:59:13

strumpet maybe not,they barely care about Chinese people. But the petition could stop them being sold in the UK,so it is worth signing.

KinkyDorito Fri 23-Nov-12 17:20:41

Me too Vajazzler. They won't stun because of cost?

QOD Fri 23-Nov-12 17:33:39

sad

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 23-Nov-12 17:36:27

Signed. Didn't watch the video. Have posted it to my Facebook page and warned friends not to watch it but to please sign the petition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now