Was this intentional?

(13 Posts)
streakybacon Thu 24-Oct-13 10:56:38

Walking past H&M last night, I noticed their window display featured the following, beautifully spray painted in neat script writing across the wall:
"A window of opertunity"

Please tell me there is some H&M related punnage going on that nobody has told me about. Surely it can't have been intentional, although I am cringeing at the possibility.

ChubbyFuckerKitty Thu 24-Oct-13 11:45:22

I can see why they would use a pun as it would catch the eye when you walk past(it's got us talking after all..)

But I don't get it. Seriously. I am sort of hoping I've missed a joke though.

streakybacon Thu 24-Oct-13 12:09:18

I don't get it either. I spent a minute or so looking over the rest of the display to see if I could find a link but there wasn't anything that caught my eye. How awful if it wasn't intended.

Absolutely LOVE your name grin.

MirandaWest Thu 24-Oct-13 12:15:44

I think they can't spell.

streakybacon Thu 24-Oct-13 12:32:00

This is what worries me, Miranda.

ohmymimi Thu 24-Oct-13 14:53:40

And you are surprised because ..........?

HumpdaySelfieinaWitchesHat Thu 24-Oct-13 15:06:28

I once was watching one of the Sarah Beeney property shows and they showed a house valuation as something like £10,0000.

Also, on Sky the program descriptions use em-dashes instead of hyphens.

So don't imagine that just because it's somewhere that ought to know better, they do...

prism Thu 24-Oct-13 18:16:33

It's Sarah Beeny. [Muphry emoticon]

HumpdaySelfieinaWitchesHat Thu 24-Oct-13 18:43:49

You know what, I started with Beeny and the auto-correct thing told me I was wrong. Oh well. At least I know where to put my comma's.

</irony> wink

streakybacon Fri 25-Oct-13 07:21:09

I'm not particularly surprised at the error, I just wasn't sure that it WAS an error and thought it best to check in case it was a deliberate marketing strategy that I wasn't bright enough to recognise. I guess it was just poor spelling but I'm still blushing on their behalf at the awfulness of it.

Cooroo Fri 25-Oct-13 23:57:44

I love Humpie because she cares about em dashes -- even if my phone won't let me use them!

ZombieZing Sat 26-Oct-13 00:09:24

Chester Draws

HumpdaySelfie Sat 26-Oct-13 00:40:35

And, And, AND, I was scared to write an actual em-dash in case it looked like a strike-out fail!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now