People who don't finish their adverbs!

(12 Posts)
juniper9 Wed 09-Oct-13 13:46:25

With regards to healthy / healthily... I set a supply teacher a fodder lesson in which I wanted my class to make healthy eating posters. I came back to 30 'eat healthy' pieces of work. I commented to the first child, before I'd realised they'd all done it, that it should be 'healthily' and he pointed to the board where the teacher had written it as healthy, and so all the kids had copied.

Thankfully I used it as a teaching tool smile

juniper9 Wed 09-Oct-13 13:44:09

Lee is my new invisible friend. I shout for him frequent(lee) when my DP is around.

I'm sure DP used to be able to speak good English (see what I did there wink) but it's gone downhill. I think it's the American TV influence.

I hate the use of 'direct' rather than directly too. It's on loads of adverts. Gah!

LifeofPo Mon 07-Oct-13 17:12:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBazinga Mon 07-Oct-13 17:10:24

Football pundits on Match of the Day are the worst. "He did excellent".Grrrrrrrrr.

It makes them sound thick, imo.

YANBU

notnowImreading Sun 06-Oct-13 20:34:48

There's an advert at the moment that tells people to 'eat healthy'. It gives me The Rage.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Sun 06-Oct-13 20:31:11

I've successfully trained the DC to yell 'ly' at the TV.
It's definitely one of my greatest parenting achievements. grin

Me too. It started with 'good' being used instead of 'well' and is now creeping ever more widely.

lifeissweet Sun 06-Oct-13 20:26:06

Thanks, Boris! Phew!

No, you're not alone because I'm shouting along with you.

lifeissweet Sun 06-Oct-13 19:25:54

I'm not sure if this is even a problem, but it grates on me. I'm watching X Factor and Gary keeps saying: 'You've done brilliant.' Am I the only person in the UK shouting 'ly!' Brilliant-ly!' at the tv?

Yes?

Thought so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now