I contacted Tesco about this mistake today....

(29 Posts)

I just couldn't let this go, so emailed them.

Do you think they'll:
A) care enough to change it?
B) get back to me to thank me?
C) give me a truck load of Clubcard points to say thank you?! grin

DaleyBump Fri 20-Sep-13 20:44:40

biscuit

Sorry!

Fair enough! grin

lalalonglegs Fri 20-Sep-13 20:52:26

That is a shocker. I predict a passive aggressive pro-forma email thanking you for your interest and followed by an endless stream of inbox bumf promoting their business and special offers. sad

DaleyBump Fri 20-Sep-13 20:55:15

What lala said, you'll never get rid of them grin

noisytoys Fri 20-Sep-13 20:55:54

grin

NachoAddict Fri 20-Sep-13 20:57:12

Hahaha. Sorry.

EsTutMirLeid Fri 20-Sep-13 21:07:07

I emailed Sainsburys about their 'batterd fish' about a year ago. The sign is still in my Sainsburys and I've seen it in 2 others!!

In fact if you google it with batterd in "" then you can see a photo, where other people have noticed it too!

DaleyBump Fri 20-Sep-13 21:13:17

My mum emailed Bernard Matthews because the pack of turkey said "5 slices" and she got four (there were actually five, I ate one) and they were very cunty and told her that the pack says "5 slices average" for a reason, so she spent an hour and £5 on a bus to get to a shop that sold the packs of turkey to take a picture of the pack because, indeed, it didn't say "average" anywhere. They sent her a voucher for more turkey.

Ha I saw a shelf sign in Sainsbury's that read

"Grate Chef Stainless Steal Wipes"

I might send it to them actually grin

singaporefling Fri 20-Sep-13 22:00:41

I once took a sign off the shelf in tesco - " temporary out of stock " handed it to customer services who said " well sorry - the items are out of stock" confused - it HAS been corrected now, no idea if I 'helped'. Also wrote to Scholl years ago about cream for " very course skin " they sent me a huuuge box of products smile

singaporefling Fri 20-Sep-13 22:05:31

Is the price for the saucepan a steal misslaughalot blush?

poorbuthappy Fri 20-Sep-13 22:08:11

This is why I can't just get on with my life. I care too much.

Hawkmoth Fri 20-Sep-13 22:11:17

Lol. What poorbuthappy said.

MrsWembley Fri 20-Sep-13 22:12:13

Oh, that actually hurts. Really, it's making me feel... oh god, I have to stop now, stop thinking about it, stop!

<runs screaming from the whole damn area>

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 20-Sep-13 22:14:00

Our local Asda has installed a drive through click and collect point. It says Drive-thru. DD proclaimed very loudly "They spent all that money and it's spelt wrong!" Not sure it was appreciated.
smile

BigPawsBrown England Fri 20-Sep-13 22:16:50

What does the strange brown icon mean? Daley?

CatWithKittens Sat 21-Sep-13 10:33:36

Presumably you should only cook shoplifted food or game from a poacher in this?

Well they just left a message on my mobile, apologising and saying it'll be changed soon.

DP thought I was bonkers to email them, and that mistakes like this don't matter, but the former teacher in me can't let them go.

Good to see I'm not the only one.

And breathe...

I couldn't see anything wrong with it - have they changed it?

sneezecakesmum Netherlands Sat 28-Sep-13 23:23:02

I can't see anything wrong either blush

charitymum Sat 28-Sep-13 23:32:50

Oooh panicking now as I can't find the error.

My favourite over the years was a fellow teacher teaching sex ed. Presentation software changed lice to mice. Pubic mice is a whole different problem!

What was the mistake? blush

Pachacuti Sat 28-Sep-13 23:37:24

If you look at the name of the product in the URL you can see how it was originally spelled.

Pachacuti Sat 28-Sep-13 23:38:14

I once had a local Tesco advertising "2 for the price of 3". Errrmm...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now