My very first pedantic thread!

(6 Posts)
XBenedict Thu 14-Mar-13 17:40:34

I was reading my DD a Beatrix Potter story a couple of nights ago and it was littered with capital letters within words - very irritating!

cumfy Thu 14-Mar-13 17:36:44

Es were in short supply.

Scottishtanguera Thu 14-Mar-13 13:35:18

I can sympathise, OP. When I see this written it drives me nuts, my sister is a big culprit,eg, "HappY BirThdAy, loTs oF love",etc on birthday cards - hurts the eyes, doesn't it...?

bedmonster Sat 09-Mar-13 21:29:53

Not my cup of tea either, but sportaholic DP was watching and laughing hmm and I was just 'glancing' and it wound me up so much! Had completely forgotten about it until I saw this come back up in TIO and it has totally reinstated my rage!
It's not an in-joke - it's not bloody funny. They don't stand for anything. Well, not except for E(fucking)diots. grin

Euphemia Sat 09-Mar-13 17:18:05

I never watch that shit, so I have no idea. Is it an in-joke? Do the letters stand for something?

bedmonster Thu 07-Mar-13 01:11:53

Watching Question of Sport earlier with DP (I know, I know!), when I noticed something so incredibly annoying I felt like exploding!
The team captains names were spelt like the following...
Bill BEaumont
Phil TufnEll

I nearly burst I was so irritated - do you think I could email someone to explain why the e was in capitals when none of the others were?

Is this what Pedants corner is all about? I've never really ventured over here, not being much of a spelling or grammar queen, but I was so wound up that DP called me a pedant, and I instantly knew where to come with my irrational problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now