Party Games for 7 year old girl - ideas please!!!

(12 Posts)
DeadTall Wed 15-Oct-08 17:26:23

I have rather foolishly agreed to have a party at home for my little girl's 7th birthday party and need ideas for party games please! There will be 6 of them.

I'd also be very grateful for tips for preventing things from getting out of hand & the girls getting over-excited... I'm feeling very nervous about the whole thing, particularly as it will be in the week before Christmas and we'll have all the Christmas decorations up...

southeastastra Wed 15-Oct-08 18:00:19

you could do a game where they have lots of newspaper and scissors etc and they have to make an item of clothing out of it but set a time limit.

to calm them down you can play chinese whispers, dead lions or the squeeze hand game where the get in a circle and hold hands. one person then squeezes the persons hand next to them and they have to pass it on iykwim! good if they start alot of squeezes in each direction.

Mars bar game (throw a dice, if you get a 6, you have to put on hat,scarf,gloves, try to open mars bar paper with knife and fork then cut off a tiny piece, keep going til someone else throws a 6)

Memory game (put 10 things on a tray, they have a minute or so to have a look, cover it up and they write down as many thngs as they can remember - or draw them if they are not up to the writing)

Character consequences: each have long sheet of paper, draw a head and 2 lines for neck, fold it over so that you can just see the bottom of the neck lines, pass it on, draw the body, 4 little lines for where legs will go, fold over, pass on, draw legs, fold over, draw feet, open it up and have a giggle). Sounds naff but both mine loved it.

Let them decorate cup cakes.

Pass the potato (like pass the parcel but they're out if they are holding the potato when the music stops)

Make a Christmas decoration?

These went down well at dd's 7th b'day
Split them into 2 teams of 3 and give each team a toilet roll, they have a set ammount of time to 'dress' one member of each team with the toilet roll with a prize for the best dress.
The senses game with things to touch taste and smell eg jelly or cold cooked spaghetti to touch, coffee to smell, they have to guess what the thing is.
Pass the parcel, and musical statues.
put the tiara on the princess(pin the tail on the donkey)
Do a craft activity we decorated a plain jewellery box from hobbycraft
I would play most games first, then serve food so they can sit down and calm down,
then craft before home.

dustystar Wed 15-Oct-08 18:37:29

The craft table was by far the most popular activity at my dd's 7th birthday. DD likes pink so i cut up loads of different sized pink hearts out of vaious different pink paper and they stuck them onto paper plates. We also did a decorate your own cake/bicuit activity which worked well. We did a few party games too but even though i made sure that everyone got to win a prize there were still plenty of tantrums and tears!

ELR Thu 16-Oct-08 22:40:27

6 i wish i had 6 i have agreed to party at home and there is going to be 16 kids!!! think i am mad its for dds 6th and ds who will be 3

DeadTall Thu 23-Oct-08 23:03:00

Great ideas - thanks! We are having the party the weekend before Christmas so wish us luck!

LargeGlassofRedBlood Thu 23-Oct-08 23:33:56

I have 18, 4/5 year olds coming tomorrow! shock
grin

DeadTall Sun 11-Jan-09 15:18:31

I have to report again to all for your ideas.

We did biscuit decorating, cutting up the chocolate wearing hat/gloves/scarf, Kim's game (memory game), team pea-racing (sucking on a straw to pick up a pea and pass it from one pot to another), pass the parcel, but the biggest hit was the dressing up in pink toilet roll team game - so a BIG thankyou for to notsoteenagemum for your idea! They absolutely LOVED this & 2 of them even took a roll of paper home with them!!

We are v. lucky that DD's friends are quiet & giggly rather than loud & bouncy, which helped a lot. Even when one of the girls said 'I don't think I like this game' they were happy to sit with their friends & ended up joining in anyway.

I wonder now why we didn't do this before, rather than hiking out to an activity centre 15 miele away, where the children don't even play with each other for most of the time and the food is revolting!

GossipMonger Sun 11-Jan-09 17:06:53

We might try some of these too!

My boys are 6 and 4 and we are having a joint craft/cooking party on Saturday!

DH is a chef and is making pizza with them all and we have a chocolate fountain for dessert with marshmallows, fruit and mini donuts!! YUM!

Then Dsis is coming to do the crafts with them ie making masks, keyrings and make your own candles.

I am running round sorting out drinks, manning the bouncy slide and making sure all is well and I do need a couple of these games so I think I might do the loo roll one! Deffo pass the parcel but with forfeits instead of sweets!! Ha!

Thanks for this.

Mercy Sun 11-Jan-09 17:15:26

Marina recommended one called Kim's game which went down well at dd's 7th party.

Get a tray and place approx 10 items on in it. Cover with a cloth and then reveal the tray and contents for 2 minutes, cover again. The child who can list the most items is the winner.

Interestingly (or maybe not) only the girls wanted to play (and there was a tie which I hadn't been prepared for!)

sue12345 Fri 19-Nov-10 11:37:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now