Any suggestions for pass-the-parcel 'forfeits' for 5 and 6 year old girls?

(21 Posts)
Snowstorm Mon 15-Sep-08 13:17:17

This year I want to make the pass-the-parcel just a bit more interesting than usual and thought maybe that forfeits in the pass-the-parcel might work ... as long as the parcel lands on the laps of the slightly more confident guests to begin with perhaps.

For a bunch of 5/6 year old girls, what sort of forfeits could I do?

- Sing a bit of your favourite song;
- Rub your tummy and pat your head;
- Pretend to be a puppy/cat/sheep ...

'Um, is anyone out there reading this, feeling more inspired than me?

TIA!

compo Mon 15-Sep-08 13:18:33

run round the circle of girls sitting down and then back to your place?

compo Mon 15-Sep-08 13:18:50

do 10 star jumps

Snowstorm Mon 15-Sep-08 13:22:49

Like it, like it! Keep 'um coming!

PoorOldEnid Mon 15-Sep-08 13:25:05

make it really easy

I still remember having to 'say a nursery rhyme' during a pass the parcel forfeit and my mind going compltely blank

it was horrible

my 6 year old would rather have sweets tbh

dustyteddy Mon 15-Sep-08 13:25:16

complete x10 skips

TsarChasm Mon 15-Sep-08 13:27:05

Iron 5 shirts wink

PoorOldEnid Mon 15-Sep-08 13:28:39

tell everyone something embarrassing about their parents

DrNortherner Mon 15-Sep-08 13:31:34

Put your hands on your head till the music stops

Snowstorm Mon 15-Sep-08 13:39:09

Mine would prefer just the sweets too ... but this year I want them to work for their sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about - stand on one foot until the music next stops?

I don't want it to be a horrible experience, I'd like it to be a giggly, fun one, in an ideal world!

monkeymagic Tue 16-Sep-08 22:38:39

V popular at a recent 5th birthday was:

- Pretend to be a chicken with its bottom on fire.

We all ended up doing it, even me. I laid an egg then leapt up and down yelping "OO me bum's on fire". Thank goodness no parents stayed to witness that.

Snowstorm Wed 17-Sep-08 12:38:56

monkeymagic grin ... I might even try that one ... if all the parents go!

loobeylou Sun 21-Sep-08 02:16:10

I had loads of great ideas in mine, things my own kids loved doing, was primary school teacher/ now am rainbows leader so not totally out of touch with kids - but they (the guests, well, about half) hated it! They were self conscious and shy, some cried! Its so rarely done, they just did not get it! Have not dared repeat!!

ideas though -

make a noise like a XYZ (animals)
pretedn to be a firework/spacerocket/robot/ dalek etc
pretedn to play the trumpet, piano, guitar
tell a joke
say a tongue twister (written for them)
try to touch yr nose with yr tongue
walk round circle backwards/hopping/on tip toes/ like a monster/fairy
pick a friend to do a dance with
bounce a ball 5/10 times
balance on 1 leg for 30 seconds/1 minute

Snowstorm Sun 21-Sep-08 15:16:34

Thanks for the ideas Loobeylou ... maybe I should leave the forfits out of the parcel but see how it all 'feels' on the day. If the guests are all seeming spritely and brave then maybe they can pick a forfit out of a bowl when the parcel lands on them and before they open their sweet. Maybe that'd work.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 21-Sep-08 23:14:54

just seen this, I am going to do forfeits for the p-t-p at my ds1's 6th on Wed.
Ideas so far are;
- say red lorry, yellow lorry 5 times
- hop on 1 foot 5 times
- pat head, rub tummy
- shake hands with 3 people
- roll tongue (just thought of that one, will put it in first or second wrapper and have it land on ds1 - who can).
I am going to have a bowl of sweets in the middle, they can take one when they have done the forfeit.
I think the key is to keep them reasonably simple and not overly embarrasing.

Snowstorm Thu 02-Oct-08 14:35:30

Just on the off-chance that anyone's still reading this thread ...

I did it! And it worked well! We had DD's whole class (minus 3) over and they all got the hang of it really quickly and seemed to really enjoy it.

I attached each forfeit to a sweet (opal fruit or whatever it's called now) and we had to read it to them. Cunningly, and this might be a rather crucial point if you have some shy ones, not only did I keep the forfeits REALLY simple but I also had a list of the order that they were going to be opened in and so was able to steer DH (doing the music) towards putting the slightly more upbeat ones (sing a song; pretend to be an animal and we'll guess who you are; stand on one leg while we count to 10 etc.) on the more confident children and the less 'intimidating ones' (tickle the person on your left; pull your cross-est face without smiling; choose someone to pretend to be a ... etc.) for the shyer members of the group.

Anyway, with 16 children, it took up a lovely long section of the party(!!) and the last forfeit (for the winner) was to get DD1 standing on the sofa, while everyone else sang Happy Birthday to her ... and she DD1 loved that!!

So ... if you reckon there's a chance it might work then go for it ... it made a really nice change to the non-forfeitless-game that we've been doing for the last 5 years!

jyeburrows Wed 26-Sep-12 07:42:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

jyeburrows Wed 26-Sep-12 07:45:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

jyeburrows Mon 08-Oct-12 06:51:36

Girlz4 Tue 09-Oct-12 10:40:24

Stacy68 Mon 19-Aug-13 19:55:12

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now