Party bag/alternatives for 9 year old football party

(4 Posts)
IToldYouIWasFreaky Thu 15-Sep-16 16:26:04

DS is turning 9 next month and having a party at a football centre, with his whole football team plus some friends from school.

I've been looking at doing football themed party bags but lots of the fillers seem quite babyish (stickers, temporary tatoos) or just lots of plastic tat so I was looking for alternatives. When DS went to a party at this place, he was given a football instead of a party bag, which I thought was great but that's kind of been done now!

Would a copy of the most recent Match of the Day magazine plus a slice of the birthday cake be acceptable? Any other great ideas? I was a bit tempted by a couple of packets of Match Attax but if people aren't collecting them yet, I could make myself very unpopular! grin

missyB1 Thu 15-Sep-16 16:29:51

A football comic / magazine would be a great idea, my son loves those. They are a bit expensive though if you have to buy loads.

NotmeItWasNotme Thu 15-Sep-16 16:35:35

What about a football themed flash drive? You can get them on eBay.

Leeds2 Thu 15-Sep-16 20:55:03

Sports water bottle might do, especially if you could find one with footballs on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now