Birthday Woes

(2 Posts)
Ningnang2000 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:25:20

DD is turning 8 soon and i'm in real turmoil about what to do about her party. She's having problems with friends at school. She's quite sensitive and some girls are taking advantage of that. She's been told that because we are getting a puppy (NOT a birthday present btw) that any party will be small. The problem is the girls she wants to invite are the girls that are not being nice to her. These are her "default friends" ie the wee group she's been pals with since nursery. I've also found out that the mum of the "popular" one has, over the summer, arranged group play dates and excluded DD. I'm worried the exclusion is a result of a frostening of relations between me and her mum.

So I said to DD to think about all the friends that she feels good when she is around and invite them instead. She has now said she wants to invite two wee girls she goes to Brownies with that go to a different school. She's had no non brownies play date with these girls is it weird to invite them? And not the ones she plays with at school? In previrus years i've just invited all the girls in her class (12) but it's just too expensive and I really don't want to spend money on wee girls who are nasty to my dd

PippaFawcett Sun 09-Oct-16 00:16:21

Ning, sorry you didn't get any replies at the time, this topic isn't well frequented. How did it go with your DD in the end? Parties are such a minefield!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now